Car no power always kanna bully

Verve

I've encountered countless of times when I was driving the starlet many years back but it is still a lot better than the goondus that try to provoke me to racing when I was driving the celica.

Although I still encounter some of these "bullies" today, the occurrences are much lesser. Normally these people

don't know my car can accelerate fast to make a safe filtering.

wonder if its me or is this really the case

now that i changed to a smaller cc 1.4 korean car, always get this.

like today

kept to middle lane cos got taxi bay at left lane (always blocked by taxi)

need to turn 150m after taxi lane, signal early left while in middle lane.

stupid uncle driving a presage 2.5 think he is vip, purposely speed up to just behind my backside to prevent me from filtering,

i indicate my intentions (havent i already done it few secs ago with my signal) by vering slightly to left.

he still come closer, if i let him go, then i will completely miss the turn.

in the end, i have to press horn, gesture and floor accelerator

damn uncle, have to curse him on cny.

and this aint the first such incident.

didnt happen as much when i was driving a 1.6

i think driving in singapore, you gotta anticipate other motorists on what they are going to do next...

gotta plan ahead you know...

not as easy as 123, or ABC...

lots of idiot drivers on our roads these days...

singapore must be an easy place to pass driving license...

wonder if its me or is this really the case

now that i changed to a smaller cc 1.4 korean car, always get this.

like today

kept to middle lane cos got taxi bay at left lane (always blocked by taxi)

need to turn 150m after taxi lane, signal early left while in middle lane.

stupid uncle driving a presage 2.5 think he is vip, purposely speed up to just behind my backside to prevent me from filtering,

i indicate my intentions (havent i already done it few secs ago with my signal) by vering slightly to left.

he still come closer, if i let him go, then i will completely miss the turn.

in the end, i have to press horn, gesture and floor accelerator

damn uncle, have to curse him on cny.

and this aint the first such incident.

didnt happen as much when i was driving a 1.6

Leave the uncle to me... i'll help you fix him [laugh][laugh][laugh]

2.5cc engine can't even move at all... =x

Haha, say who? 2.5cc is enough to create a whole new generation. [sly]

Edited by Atonchia

aiya, its not about the cc or the power of your car la..

smaller cc cars oso can overtake the bigger boys...its about the attitude drivers in singapore carrys....

people in singapore think they very big f**k can afford a car mah so they drive around like nobodys business lo...

its about our upbringing oso...

Alot of misconception that turbo chargers increase FC that is not true. It only increase your FC if you keep on boosting. If you drive a turbo charged car off boost it can infact be more economical as it atomizes the air into your intake giving a more complete combustion. However when you need to use it you can boost it up anytime you want ^_^

aiya, its not about the cc or the power of your car la..

smaller cc cars oso can overtake the bigger boys...its about the attitude drivers in singapore carrys....

people in singapore think they very big f**k can afford a car mah so they drive around like nobodys business lo...

its about our upbringing oso...

Err... not really totally on upbringing, it's more on the value of a person that could change as one reach different stage of life.

Uprbringing is like blaming the parents.

Erm not no power leh, just now i was driving my sister in law's RX8 who's a P=Plate, i lazy to take out the plate, one vios zhnged with big spoiler and many guages keep highbeam me at a traffic light for no f--k reason, i wind down my window to show him the middle finger and the vios can only continue to flash his high beam faster. dunno wtf is he trying to prove. I think u drive p plate or sport car maybe kena makan more than a no power car lor, i nv encounter this for the last 5 years of driving with my own car

not only no-power car.. my car is slightly better power (325coupe.) but i still get this. i enter PIE from tampines, got this yellow sonata cab so far away when i spot him before i enter expressway and quite slow, when im entering, he sped up so fast and slow down on the 3rd lane, where cars from smaller roads merge into. he was on 2nd lane earlier.

damn. i accelerated hard becuz maybe i thought he wanna smell my exhaust on CNY.

i think everywhere u go, also like that one.. but i agree that smaller / less powerful cars are more susceptible to this kind of stupid behaviour by ignorant drivers.

I also kana this just now @ BKE towards Jurong. Im traveling at ard 85-90km/h. Was about to filter to the 3rd lane and check from my rear mirror saw this Sonata Taxi quite far away. When i signal and about to filter i check my mirror again, the Sonata is speeding so fast that it passes me in a almost flash. I thought he must have some emergency...

Erm not no power leh, just now i was driving my sister in law's RX8 who's a P=Plate, i lazy to take out the plate, one vios zhnged with big spoiler and many guages keep highbeam me at a traffic light for no f--k reason, i wind down my window to show him the middle finger and the vios can only continue to flash his high beam faster. dunno wtf is he trying to prove. I think u drive p plate or sport car maybe kena makan more than a no power car lor, i nv encounter this for the last 5 years of driving with my own car

Bro you might wana check if your light is on or your boot is closed anot. I kena flashed non stop by a WRX and when he drove past me he open his window and I opened mine and he shouted across, "You forgot to on your light!" I was glad I did not give him the finger or ask him what he want when he open his window.

sonata powderful car leh...

actually not very fast lah...from 100kph, takes about 10s to reach 140kph...

you should keep on checking your mirrors if you wanna switch lane...

driving in singapore must be more gung-ho...

drive more aggressively...

can't be a forgiving motorist to survive here...

In Singapore, it does not matter whether BIG or SMALL car also people will "bully" because Singaporean drivers in general are impatient and 70% of cars on the roads are lousy drivers lor....

Driving within two lanes, park without signalling and looking behind. It really builds my driving skills over the years. As long as you can keep up with the traffic and changing lanes accordingly, i don't think you will be a problem driving in Singapore.

Cabs are generally looking for customers to pick up so they are more aggressive, BUT they are afraid to get into accidents also. U just have to look out for them, if they didn't see you, then u don't rush into changing lanes.

Of course more powered cars will go into your lanes easily so you just have to slow down abit to prevent any accidents.

It's not about whether they can afford a car, some BMWs and Merc drivers also drive like s--t!

I have to admit that Malaysian drivers are very nice people. I go JB quite frequently. They like to drive fast.

The moment you signal, they give way.

Singapore, obviously the space is not enough to change lane, they also assume u give way. Get what I mean?

btw: I'm lady driver and i can admit that i drive better than men, sometimes when I park car, dunno why men look at me for what, ladies can't drive meh? LOL

its all in your mind. No matter whether im riding/driving a tiny bike, small car, luxury sedan or lorry, i dun feel like people are bullying me on the roads. I just feel that they are impatient. After all, i do sometimes get aggressive when im in a rush.

btw: I'm lady driver and i can admit that i drive better than men, sometimes when I park car, dunno why men look at me for what, ladies can't drive meh? LOL

im sorry, but you are one of the rare ones, like the wild bengal tiger. you have the right to be proud becos.... [laugh] 99% women are terrible drivers [laugh]