Car no power always kanna bully

Verve

im sorry, but you are one of the rare ones, like the wild bengal tiger. you have the right to be proud becos.... [laugh] 99% women are terrible drivers [laugh]

But so many a times they do not even have a clue of what they are doing, thus, the denial...

↡ Advertisement

im sorry, but you are one of the rare ones, like the wild bengal tiger. you have the right to be proud becos.... [laugh] 99% women are terrible drivers [laugh]

no lah, it's trained one, Singapore drivers u know lah,,, don't want to give way, etc etc,

then my skills improved. hahaa... initially drive cause need for work, then the longer i drive, i start to like it, then go shopping very convi, no need to carry so much stuffs and squeeze in public transport.

my driving experience - passed many years back but didn't drive,

practise my dad's car for 3 months over the weekends before getting my 1st car,

my 1st car till now almost 4yrs, i started going to JB after 1yr into driving my 1st car.

Driving must train one. [:p]

I think this can't be help. But I don't think most of the time will be bullied. It's the driver that has to do adjustments accordingly to the car's power and road condition. I used to drive a 1.3 litre car for more than 10 years, no power? Yes. Abit tough on busy traffic. Yes. But not all the time I face difficult situations.

wonder if its me or is this really the case

now that i changed to a smaller cc 1.4 korean car, always get this.

like today

kept to middle lane cos got taxi bay at left lane (always blocked by taxi)

need to turn 150m after taxi lane, signal early left while in middle lane.

stupid uncle driving a presage 2.5 think he is vip, purposely speed up to just behind my backside to prevent me from filtering,

i indicate my intentions (havent i already done it few secs ago with my signal) by vering slightly to left.

he still come closer, if i let him go, then i will completely miss the turn.

in the end, i have to press horn, gesture and floor accelerator

damn uncle, have to curse him on cny.

and this aint the first such incident.

didnt happen as much when i was driving a 1.6

==============

Most modern 1.4 lit cars have quite sufficient power.

Its just that many drivers here dont want to give way or let u cut in front of them cos maybe their ego very small & they feel its a loss of face.

The trick is not to let them know u intend to filter into their lane. Just adjust your speed to ensure u have a wide enough gap on your left or right & signal as u filter in.

Sometimes when I signal early, the same thing happens. The damm idiot driver will acclerate as hard as possible to try to block me off.

I just see the space & simply switch lanes b4 he can close the gap. Sometimes these @ssholes even wil high beam or horn me. I just ignore them as though they dont exist even. It makes them feel even smaller than they really are. Invisible even.[laugh]

This happens many times with taxis. I just love to see him accelerate with all that black smoke spewing out . I switch lanes b4 he has time to close me out. I usually have a good laugh on him for his childish & stupid behaviour. It makes him feel even more foolish cos he lan lan try to squeeze me out but his stupid taxi just dont have the power. [laugh]

This is always the case in SG. TS no choice lar, live with it. I never encounter this when I am up north. Normally when you signal there, the car will automatically slow down for you to change lane. I enjoy driving in boleh land much more than SG.

================

So true. Those MY drivers r so much better than us. [thumbsup]

Erm not no power leh, just now i was driving my sister in law's RX8 who's a P=Plate, i lazy to take out the plate, one vios zhnged with big spoiler and many guages keep highbeam me at a traffic light for no f--k reason, i wind down my window to show him the middle finger and the vios can only continue to flash his high beam faster. dunno wtf is he trying to prove. I think u drive p plate or sport car maybe kena makan more than a no power car lor, i nv encounter this for the last 5 years of driving with my own car

================

Maybe he was trying to tell u your door not closed or something was not right with your car?

I wil just let him pass me & look at him to see what he is trying to tell me.

Or maybe he was your sister in laws fren & trying to attract her attention not knowing she was not driving?

I also kana this just now @ BKE towards Jurong. Im traveling at ard 85-90km/h. Was about to filter to the 3rd lane and check from my rear mirror saw this Sonata Taxi quite far away. When i signal and about to filter i check my mirror again, the Sonata is speeding so fast that it passes me in a almost flash. I thought he must have some emergency...

=================

This is normal for taxi drivers.

I get the impression many of them r LOSERS in life. [rolleyes]

Bro you might wana check if your light is on or your boot is closed anot. I kena flashed non stop by a WRX and when he drove past me he open his window and I opened mine and he shouted across, "You forgot to on your light!" I was glad I did not give him the finger or ask him what he want when he open his window.

================

Yes. In the past it was very common for drivers to warn each other of something not right by flashing our high beams but now it is rare cos wait kenna the finger for trying to do a good deed.

Even I also now dont bother to "inform" other drivers when I see something not right for fear they might think I am trying to jio them.

In Singapore, it does not matter whether BIG or SMALL car also people will "bully" because Singaporean drivers in general are impatient and 70% of cars on the roads are lousy drivers lor....

Driving within two lanes, park without signalling and looking behind. It really builds my driving skills over the years. As long as you can keep up with the traffic and changing lanes accordingly, i don't think you will be a problem driving in Singapore.

Cabs are generally looking for customers to pick up so they are more aggressive, BUT they are afraid to get into accidents also. U just have to look out for them, if they didn't see you, then u don't rush into changing lanes.

Of course more powered cars will go into your lanes easily so you just have to slow down abit to prevent any accidents.

It's not about whether they can afford a car, some BMWs and Merc drivers also drive like s--t!

I have to admit that Malaysian drivers are very nice people. I go JB quite frequently. They like to drive fast.

The moment you signal, they give way.

Singapore, obviously the space is not enough to change lane, they also assume u give way. Get what I mean?

btw: I'm lady driver and i can admit that i drive better than men, sometimes when I park car, dunno why men look at me for what, ladies can't drive meh? LOL

==============

Maybe cos u very pretty? [gorgeous]

its all in your mind. No matter whether im riding/driving a tiny bike, small car, luxury sedan or lorry, i dun feel like people are bullying me on the roads. I just feel that they are impatient. After all, i do sometimes get aggressive when im in a rush.

==================

I guess its just the attitude of many drivers here. Too much stress or not enough $$$ or both.

================

NO I dont agree with u.

I think its more closer to 98% only. Hahaha [laugh]

But so many a times they do not even have a clue of what they are doing, thus, the denial...

==================

They do know. Like what colour lipstick to put on while using the rear view mirror. Or combing hair.

Or checking make-up. Or toking on mobile phone. Or attending to the kids in the car. Or............ [:p]

that is how God made women mah...

totally different from men...

==============

U notice how many women cannot decide which way to turn the steering wheel when reversing into a CP lot?

Maybe cos they use left brain more than right brain? Different skills. [grin]

But I do admit I know some very good women drivers. [nod]

Edited by Pisces69

no lah, it's trained one, Singapore drivers u know lah,,, don't want to give way, etc etc,

then my skills improved. hahaa... initially drive cause need for work, then the longer i drive, i start to like it, then go shopping very convi, no need to carry so much stuffs and squeeze in public transport.

my driving experience - passed many years back but didn't drive,

practise my dad's car for 3 months over the weekends before getting my 1st car,

my 1st car till now almost 4yrs, i started going to JB after 1yr into driving my 1st car.

Driving must train one. [:p]

================

U go JB alone for shopping & petrol? Wah u very brave.

Many kaki think going JB is like driving into war torn Iraq.

sonata powderful car leh...

actually not very fast lah...from 100kph, takes about 10s to reach 140kph...

you should keep on checking your mirrors if you wanna switch lane...

driving in singapore must be more gung-ho...

drive more aggressively...

can't be a forgiving motorist to survive here...

if the sonata is going very fast even though first check on my mirror shows him very far away, i wont change lane. i will even cancel my signal, let him pass first.

but when he go very fast, and slow down beside ur car and disable u to change lane.. he is trying to be funny.

thats when i dont play nice.

↡ Advertisement