Engine Mountings Replacement

Str2

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Any bros changed yr car engine mountings / suspension before, pls help advise costs involved.

So far 2 different workshops quoted me:

1) labour charges alone for replacing engine mountings labour (1 at $160, another at $300)

2) labout charges alone replacing 2 front suspension (1 at $50X2 and another at $110X2)

Parts costs are not included yet.

The quotation difference are too great , thus seek yr help so won't kena chop-chop.

By the way, mine is a Honda Stream.

Thks/

Edited by Str2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi All,

Any bros changed yr car engine mountings / suspension before, pls help advise costs involved.

1) labour charges alone for replacing engine mountings labour (1 at $160, another at $300)

2) labout charges alone replacing 2 front suspension (1 at $50X2 and another at $110X2)

The quotation difference are too great , thus seek yr help so won't kena chop-chop.

Thks/

There is no necessity to change all 4 engine mounts at the same time.

Change the pair that needs to be replaced/spoilt.

So far, my workshop quoted me a package price which comprises of parts cost and labour charges altogether.

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Thks/

wah .. tht's ex man ... my current ws charges me $40 for labour to replace 2 front suspension - bring own parts.

if need ws, pm me :)

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Thks/

I driving a RN1 stream, changed my rear suspension last Oct. My workshop charged me $50 for labour to replace 2 rear suspension.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Recently I changed all 4 engine mountings on my old Camry. I supplied parts and labor is $120. If you purchase parts from ws, they will normally charge between $80 - 100.

My ws is at Enterprise Hub @ Toh Guan

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thks all.

Toh Guan seems good as I'm staying West side.

I tried looking for KYB front shock absorbers for my 2.0L Stream (RN3).

They don't bring in anymore and have only for 1.7L Stream where I am required to drill to make one of the mounting hole bigger.

Otherwise I will hv to use back Honda shock at $190 each vs KYB at $150.

Edited by Str2

Neutral Newbie

I have just changed my engine mounting. It for my Corolla (Jap Made) , which is nearing 10 yrs. I have just bought the COE not too long ago to extend the life. The engine is still quite good and it has already done 240 000 km and more. It has no leaks or what so ever.

Anyway, the engine mounting is completely busted. When the mechanic took out the old mounting ... it has already broke 2 of the 4 mounting. The other 2 is on the verge. So i think it is good to change all the 4 together. Before that, the engine sounds like a SPORT CAR when you are sitting inside the vehicle. So you know it completely gone case. The whole car is shaking.

Anyway the damages are as follow :

$220 (for all 4 engine mounting)

$120 (Labour)

I have friends who are willing to go for $80 just to change the car's mounting. I supply my own parts. Total damages is $360. But trust me , after changing the mounting, it feel like a brand new car. The Toyota made engine is really superb, even doing 240000km. It so damn quiet. No more vibration and it not noisy at all.

Turbocharged

Hi All,

Thks/

unless you are talking about all the 4 mountings.

BTW, is there 4 mountings? I only know i always change the front 2 mountings only.

If not, this is crazy labour price.

Edited by Mcf777

Neutral Newbie

QUOTE (Str2 @ Feb 18 2010, 12:47 PM) *

Hi All,

Thks/

unless you are talking about all the 4 mountings.

BTW, is there 4 mountings? I only know i always change the front 2 mountings only.

If not, this is crazy labour price.

===================================================================

Your car workshop is really going to HANTAM you big time

Hi All,

Thks/

Mountings I dunno. Haven't change yet.

Front suspension change w/o parts $220???!!

You driving Ferarri ah?

Mine is kyb excel-g $80 x 2

Ws change $40

Rubber Stopper $5 x 2

Total 210.

Yours haven't touch the parts already more expensive than mine. Must be ferarri.

Any mechs with proper tools can do the job for you.

I suggest if you want to save money, go JB and get it done there. You can save more than 50% of the labour costs you are about to spend in Singapore.

Remember to get wheel alignment done after changing your shocks.

Neutral Newbie

In my opinion, it is better to change all the 4 mountings every time you changed instead of 2 each time.

You never know when the other 2 might kaput. Then you have to ask the mechanic to change again. The labour charge to change 1 mounting or 4 mounting should be the same as they are generally about the same effort.

I have just changed my engine mounting. It for my Corolla (Jap Made) , which is nearing 10 yrs. I have just bought the COE not too long ago to extend the life. The engine is still quite good and it has already done 240 000 km and more. It has no leaks or what so ever.

Anyway, the engine mounting is completely busted. When the mechanic took out the old mounting ... it has already broke 2 of the 4 mounting. The other 2 is on the verge. So i think it is good to change all the 4 together. Before that, the engine sounds like a SPORT CAR when you are sitting inside the vehicle. So you know it completely gone case. The whole car is shaking.

Anyway the damages are as follow :

$220 (for all 4 engine mounting)

$120 (Labour)

I have friends who are willing to go for $80 just to change the car's mounting. I supply my own parts. Total damages is $360. But trust me , after changing the mounting, it feel like a brand new car. The Toyota made engine is really superb, even doing 240000km. It so damn quiet. No more vibration and it not noisy at all.

Does your supplier have parts for Cefiro. Mine is a 5 yr old 2.3L car, the engine mounting cracked.

search yellowpages.com.sg

local stockists

fong yat

fong ee

fong tat

all of them under same boss

but one of them is nissan stockist

↡ Advertisement