Which will you choose Lancer EX 2.0 or Kia Magentis 2.0

Joseph22

Given that both are pretty well equip and the price for both are very near. Which will be a better choice to choose from? and Why?

↡ Advertisement

Given that both are pretty well equip and the price for both are very near. Which will be a better choice to choose from? and Why?

Hi Brudder,

You think of changing Car after 4 yrs with Lancer ??

With the vast improvements with Korean cars, I don't mind getting one now :

I think you should also consider the SUV too..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...;Submit=Replace

Hi Brudder,

You think of changing Car after 4 yrs with Lancer ??

With the vast improvements with Korean cars, I don't mind getting one now :

I think you should also consider the SUV too..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...;Submit=Replace

Thinking only. But not confirm changing. Anyway the reason for this 2 car is because, Lancer EX base model (not the GT model) was at most 5K more expensive than Magentis.

cause everytime when we do are comparision between korean and Jap car, the price issue become very big. But for Lancer Ex2.0 base model its almost the same price as Magentis so i believe will be a fairer gauge.

Wont be getting any SUV. Petrol consumption pretty high. I dont mind buying a car that is expensive, but not a car that have poor FC.

Why don't wait for the i45 to arrive in flesh and then start to compare ?

I think lancer EX GT and Magentis are 2 very different cars. One Gives a sportier drive both on the inside and out,

the other more for small time Towkays or slower, relaxed and comfy ride.

Why don't wait for the i45 to arrive in flesh and then start to compare ?

I think lancer EX GT and Magentis are 2 very different cars. One Gives a sportier drive both on the inside and out,

the other more for small time Towkays or slower, relaxed and comfy ride.

Cause I 45 asking price is already 10K more than Magentis. How to compare. Plus I45 is more of a 2.4cc car as compare to Magentis and EX which is a 2.0cc car.

Of couse when actual buying. Sonata is in one of the car to consider. But now more of for comparision purpose btw 2 similar priced car.

Edited by Joseph22

Passat or VW GTI.....

I think Magentis somehow the luxury feel not enuff. Feels more like a big car to me than a luxurious 1.

That blunts its main selling pt against the EX.

So for this case, the EX 2.0 gets my vote.

i45 is worth checking out 1st.

drive cheena chia??? try la... [laugh] [laugh]

Mai la....I too tall and cheena chia got not enough room for me and my passengers.....

The Magentis is a very comfy car (only seat in it), new engine and good equipment level.

Too bad the gearbox is still an old 4speed auto. The new Magentis that should release next year should come with a 6 speed auto.

Lancer engine is always too noisy and rough, no matters is the 1.5EX or 2.0 model.

Thinking only. But not confirm changing. Anyway the reason for this 2 car is because, Lancer EX base model (not the GT model) was at most 5K more expensive than Magentis.

cause everytime when we do are comparision between korean and Jap car, the price issue become very big. But for Lancer Ex2.0 base model its almost the same price as Magentis so i believe will be a fairer gauge.

Wont be getting any SUV. Petrol consumption pretty high. I dont mind buying a car that is expensive, but not a car that have poor FC.

If you wanna have good FC why choose 2.0L ?

Kia Magentis surely CMI for FC. Mit EX shd do slightly better.

My Stream 1.8 gets me 10km/L with 40%HW60%Roads. and 11.5km/L with 70%/30%.

I doubt these 2 cars will do better than mine...

If you wanna have good FC why choose 2.0L ?

Kia Magentis surely CMI for FC. Mit EX shd do slightly better.

My Stream 1.8 gets me 10km/L with 40%HW60%Roads. and 11.5km/L with 70%/30%.

I doubt these 2 cars will do better than mine...

My first choice is Jetta 1.4 (twin charge or not will be decide later) but the 2 mention are also in my consideration cause i sited in Magentis back seat, comfort level in show room is equal to Jetta while for Mit cause its in the similar price range as Magentis plus i have soft spot for anything call lancer. [:p] cause i am driving one mah. so must give it a chance to show (fake?) loyalty.

My uncle Drove a Magentis (the one who own coffee Shop) FC is 10km/Ltr

My Neighbour Drove a 2.0 Base EX - FC is around 12~13km/ltr.

Actually to me, i can accept a car with FC of 10km/Ltr.

I wanted a car that is wide enough for my family to sit in comfortably but not a MPV.

↡ Advertisement