Forte's puzzling FC figures

Friendstar

Neutral Newbie
18 minutes ago, Micb said:

Wow great advertisement !

Dun like that la. No work, stay at home nothing to do so want to share something good. Been wanting to share for a long time, but didn't do it till now.

I already posted in this thread in 2018, trying to look for a solution to get more FC out of a Korean car. You can call me a cheapo, buy cheap car still want good FC..but can save money, save lor. During that time, no1 can really give me good advice, so I just went on to do my online research for the cheapest option. And together with a workshop recommendation, I decided to try that product.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Nofear said:

Dun like that la. No work, stay at home nothing to do so want to share something good. Been wanting to share for a long time, but didn't do it till now.

I already posted in this thread in 2018, trying to look for a solution to get more FC out of a Korean car. You can call me a cheapo, buy cheap car still want good FC..but can save money, save lor. During that time, no1 can really give me good advice, so I just went on to do my online research for the cheapest option. And together with a workshop recommendation, I decided to try that product.

Hi @Nofear, this time my assumption gotten ahead of my logic.    I thought it is one discreet advert from ws.   Time to change my reading glass.   

Please accept my apology, paiseh !

Neutral Newbie
23 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

Moving on 2 yrs fr then...so we should ask u how to get this Nano thingy? 🤔

Go Shopee and order from Malaysia side or you can go to the car workshop, that i had been going to for the past 4 years, to buy from them. But they also buy from Malaysia.

i posted in this thread to look for a good FC solution in May 2018 and i just want to share with the people that was like me once. Buy cheap old car but want to drive for another 5 to 10 years without much problems and want to save petrol. 

Neutral Newbie
1 minute ago, Micb said:

Hi @Nofear, this time my assumption gotten ahead of my logic.    I thought it is one discreet advert from ws.   Time to change my reading glass.   

Please accept my apology, paiseh !

No worry no worry pls. Good good things that save money, we share share.

Stay safe during COVID19!

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Nofear said:

Today my FC for my Kia Forte 2009 (renewed COE) has hit 15km/l !!!

Average for the past 1 year plus since my last post was 13.8km/l .

I changed my tyre size to 15" (2nd hand K3 Rim + Tyres) and I used this product called Nano Energizer for the past 1 year plus. From 10km/l, I managed to get 13.8km/l 

Downsizing the wheels is the right choice and will be better if the rims are lighter. Use fuel injection cleaner once awhile to maintain injectors condition. My 11 year old Avante Manual has been getting around 11 to 13km/l in 75 - 100% urban condition. On 95% highway driving, I get around 17 to 18km/l. Riding on octane 92 fuel and just on regular servicing and occasionally uses fuel injector cleaner.

IMG_20200513_205752.jpg

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

Downsizing the wheels is the right choice and will be better if the rims are lighter. Use fuel injection cleaner once awhile to maintain injectors condition. My 11 year old Avante Manual has been getting around 11 to 13km/l in 75 - 100% urban condition. On 95% highway driving, I get around 17 to 18km/l. Riding on octane 92 fuel and just on regular servicing and occasionally uses fuel injector cleaner.

IMG_20200513_205752.jpg

I think I will keep my current rims. Too heavy on the wallet to change to lighter rims. But can you tell me what kind of fuel injector cleaner you used? Can DIY one? 
905km on Avante is amazing!

38 minutes ago, Nofear said:

I think I will keep my current rims. Too heavy on the wallet to change to lighter rims. But can you tell me what kind of fuel injector cleaner you used? Can DIY one? 
905km on Avante is amazing!

I used STP, Redline and Mystery Marvel fuel injectors occasionally. 905km is nearly 100% expressway driving. Our ride shares the same engine, and it is a very smooth and refine sounding one. So.... Just enjoy the ride. Cheers!

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
5 hours ago, Nofear said:

I changed my tyre size to 15" (2nd hand K3 Rim + Tyres) and I used this product called Nano Energizer for the past 1 year plus. From 10km/l, I managed to get 13.8km/l 

wah.. why aren't BMW and Mercedes using this? then they wont have to waste so much money making mild hybrids and other solutions to meet the stringent european fuel economy standards.

Really wasted.......

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

wah.. why aren't BMW and Mercedes using this? then they wont have to waste so much money making mild hybrids and other solutions to meet the stringent european fuel economy standards.

Really wasted.......

It should be ever stringent Group average Carbon emissions 

Neutral Newbie
8 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Really wasted.......

I’m not too sure. I only know i used it on my Kia. 2 years ago I posted questions here to increase my car FC but can’t find a good solution until I researched and stumbled upon this product. Plus a change of tyre size = better FC.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:11 AM, Nofear said:

Bro, you downsized your tires - it's your tires lar... nothing to do with the additive you used - I presume it's an engine additive...

18 hours ago, chiakunxiang said:

Anyone has Kia K3 original rim 2nd hand for sale?

Busted mine

IMG_20200616_132653.jpg

My word... how did that happen??? Pretty unlikely anyone would be keeping such rims at home... can try the tire and rims shops, they do get trade-ins but this rim is quite old already right? 

↡ Advertisement