Top 10% household income

Wind30

I read ST today and they said the top 10% of household, the average monthly income is $22k.

The average annual income per household member of private property owners is $54k. The average of HDB 4 rooms and above is $21.8k. For smaller HDB flat owners, the number is even smaller. But the funny thing is, the national AVERAGE is $25k.

Does this mean if you stay in HDB you are below average in income?

interesting article actually.

↡ Advertisement

i suspect the figures are worse.

statistics lie.

period

its a matter of manipulation

first u have to question the source data.

then after the fact presentation

like wda, they report unemployment rate taking into account ft and etc.

the examples are too exhaustive to list.

for a below average income singaporean to finance 300 - 400 k flats is no joke.

• Praise 1

I read ST today and they said the top 10% of household, the average monthly income is $22k.

The average annual income per household member of private property owners is $54k. The average of HDB 4 rooms and above is $21.8k. For smaller HDB flat owners, the number is even smaller. But the funny thing is, the national AVERAGE is $25k.

eg. what is the average of 5,5,5,5,5 ? answer = 5

eg. what is the average of 1, 10, 5, 2, 7? answer = 5

see, you are reading it wrong dude.

Edited by Throttle2

If average income is $25k... then how to justify the $8k income ceiling for HDB...

That's average ANNUAL income ...

still, I feel the 8K combine monthly income cap is really outdated

just curious, the "household" meaning each person living within the same flat?.. like if 3 person in my family(me, my wife and my 3yrs old son) living in a 4 room flat, can i say those number simply mean the average for my household income should be 21.4K x 3= 64.2K per annum?.... [rolleyes] , if i have a maid, is she consider as "per another household member"?.... [:p]

Wah.... i can go and buy property liao... my family income a lot higher than that... <_<

Edited by Joseph22

That's average ANNUAL income ...

still, I feel the 8K combine monthly income cap is really outdated

yeah 8K is too hight. 8K X 12 months (before bonus) is 96K.

Are you sure the national average ANNUAL income per household member is only $25,000 ??? Sounds pretty low to me... only about $2000 a month??

Maybe the average is split between everyone in the household, counting even retirees, children, etc.? Then it'd be logical.

A working adult, graduate pay is around $3000 to $4000 for starters. With bonus and others, can hit $50,000 to $60,000 annually. Even with this level of pay, the CPF is almost cleaned out every month in order to finance a HDB flat of around $300k+, assuming only one person's CPF is being used.

$54k per annum for private property owner?? quite unbelieveable [gossip]

Too high? I think people are calling for the ceiling to be revised upwards.

Right, with HDB prices so high nowadays, even if a couple earns combined $7,999 a month, just shy of the ceiling, it'd still be quite a challenge to buy flats with prices like $400k or $500k!!!

And for a couple earning $8,001... condos and private property are still way beyond reach.

That's why there are calls to revise the ceiling upwards.

I think private property, as in landed property, normally have a lot of family members under one roof. That's why the per annum income per household member is unbelievably low, only $54k? :D

The breadwinner's wife, son, daughter, parents, grandparents not working mah..so assuming the person earns $432k/annum..then average out 8 persons is $54k/annum lor :D

Too high? I think people are calling for the ceiling to be revised upwards.

high only in places like Queenstown. Why dont you ask them why they do not want to live in outskirt? why must they die die live in central area? singapore how big? Jurong to Changi is about 30min by car. 1 end of Jurong East to another end of Jurong West is 15min.

Right, with HDB prices so high nowadays, even if a couple earns combined $7,999 a month, just shy of the ceiling, it'd still be quite a challenge to buy flats with prices like $400k or $500k!!!

And for a couple earning $8,001... condos and private property are still way beyond reach.

That's why there are calls to revise the ceiling upwards.

what the couple did not tell you is that their CPF have enough money to pay off a Jurong Flat in full.

↡ Advertisement