Kia Sorento 2.4 SX vs Dodge Journey 2.4 SXT;Which is better?

Saroja117

I currently own a Chery T11 for 1y3m and have a rather large looking family of four. To tell you the truth, T11 is becoming a backache for my family cause it is quite cramped in the rear. Now, we're looking for a spacious car which needs to look and feel good. So far, our family is impressed with Kia Sorento and Dodge Journey. So, anybody has an idea of what car suits our family? [:/] You can suggest new car if you think that it suits our family also...[/size][/size]

post-59068-1266714451_thumb.jpg

post-59068-1266714459_thumb.jpg

post-59068-1266714475_thumb.jpg

post-59068-1266714544_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

having personally sat in the two cars in the showroom,

the Dodge Journey has a much more spacious interior and better built interior...

yet to test drive the JOurney though...

i couldn't be bothered to test the Sorento, as the queue for the testdrive is a waiting time of 30mins (on a Sat), and also because the car just didn't appeal to me either...

having personally sat in the two cars in the showroom,

the Dodge Journey has a much more spacious interior and better built interior...

yet to test drive the JOurney though...

i couldn't be bothered to test the Sorento, as the queue for the testdrive is a waiting time of 30mins (on a Sat), and also because the car just didn't appeal to me either...

U haven't even enlistEd for NS and u wanna test drive cars? No wonder the queue was so long

ehh hello friend...[wave]

so what i'm not yet in NS??

i got my driving license when i was in poly cannot issit??

why jealous issit??

why want to vent your anger in forum?? [hur]

and who are you to judge me??

i'm just giving my sincere views on the cars in each thread...

just continue driving your Mazda3 and be happy with it lah...

[rolleyes]

sorento looks nicer..

i rather take korean then american anyday

american cars.i remember reading somewhere

americans do not understand luxury

not sure bout koreans..but tried a cerato forte..

and the previous cerato..both seemed not bad

so this sorento cant be far off..

but its juz me..and my thoughts here..

no offense to anyone [:p]

well, the Americans are willing to change...

their effort in improving the quality of their car can be seen in the Dodge Journey...

basically, if you want to drive an SUV, and have hard interior plastics, go for the Sorento...

if you want a Crossover vehicle (space for 7, but without the van-like exterior of MPV), with soft touch interior plastics, get the JOurney...

U haven't even enlistEd for NS and u wanna test drive cars? No wonder the queue was so long

how come u so mean(but i like..believe u and me the same..getting annoyed by some of the postings by some pple)

though kinda reminds me of wei xiang..way back in 2005-2006 [:|]

I currently own a Chery T11 for 1y3m and have a rather large looking family of four. To tell you the truth, T11 is becoming a backache for my family cause it is quite cramped in the rear. Now, we're looking for a spacious car which needs to look and feel good. So far, our family is impressed with Kia Sorento and Dodge Journey. So, anybody has an idea of what car suits our family? [:/] You can suggest new car if you think that it suits our family also...[/size][/size]

Get prepared to have a huge loss when you trade-in/sell your T11.

Anyway, I have no idea of Dodge Journey.

But I tested on Kia Sorento before, it's a huge animal.

If a family of four, I think any SUV can allocate such number unless all are extra sizes.

Sorento is really comfortable and since you can accept Chery, I think Kia shouldnn't be a problem for you.~

Made the comparison and found that Sorento has got better FC, sunroof, better min turning radius, 18" rim, and a lot more! Check it yourself and make your own decision

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...=Add+to+Compare

Quite a few of us here already booked the Sorento. We visit the showroom, check it out ourselves, and decide upon it ourselves. No point asking around. Different people will give you different opinion, which ended up, you are not sure what you want in the end.

Good luck to you in choosing your dream car.

Bro, very similar situation as you. Was looking at both too, and very much prefer the Sorento. By the way, Journey only has a 4 speed gearbox... My choice in the end? 2nd-hand XC90. Lesser gadgets, has my 7 seater requirement, VERY safe, better branding, more reliable. Search on SGcarmart for one.... Tons available...

Fiat bought over them what...

furthermore, i think Chrysler is under US government protection right?? Like GM and Ford??

sure, if they don't do anything about improving their cars quality and putting smaller engines to their cars and making their cars smaller to suit global markets,

they deserve to go bankrupt...

but i personally think the Journey is a good place to start...

We like Dodge because it belongs to Chrysler. We like Sorento because its packed with features. We don't like dodge because of its price and low features. We don't Sorento because of the brand and the price for it (isn't 94k too much for a Kia). We're now in a dilemma and really need your help. We have no problem with selling in our Chery and are ready to top up any amount. So, now price isn't the issue. We're looking for a spacious, well-featured, friendly, good, non-problematic, comfortable car. So, any help please? Thank you very much...

↡ Advertisement