Is it right for Cisco to give saman with passenger inside?

Ev0lutionz

Friend went to toilet for 5mins with his gf inside car, engine on. Cisco come and give saman and talk very rudely to his gf. He was stopping at peninsula plaza the double yellow line there, not at the main road but the small road inside.

↡ Advertisement

The CISCO officer did right.

Illegal stopping/parking at a double yellow line dun really take into account the number of ppl inside the car. It's an outright offence and your fren should take it as a lesson learnt.

Friend went to toilet for 5mins with his gf inside car, engine on. Cisco come and give saman and talk very rudely to his gf. He was stopping at peninsula plaza the double yellow line there, not at the main road but the small road inside.

===============

As long as car was parked there, he can summon.

Otherwise everybody park with passenger (maid even) in car & go about their business. 2-3 hrs come back. Can u imagine the obstruction caused.

If he was rude & u have proof, u can make a complain to LTA.

Even if your friend really go toilet, your friend park at double yellow line and that place is famous for mata to patrol one...the officer would have no choice but to summon. Even with GF or whoever onboard....also have to summon. They hear the excuse until sian liao...

Somemore its at a shopping centre....go in do what who knows....

LPPL....just pay and accept it as a lesson.

Cisco has the right as long as the car is stationary there....Your friend got no case. Not just Singapore, I kena before in Aussie with passenger in car.

Officer rude? No comments, you didn't not elaborate and we have to give the officer benefit of doubt too. But whether rude of not, the officer STILL have RIGHT to summon....no case one.

Next time tell him to let his GF circle the car while he go toilet, if GF cannot drive boh pian either park of LS in car.

Edited by Pocus

of course he can fine a car that is parked illegally. In fact why has it to do with passenger in car or not? Anyone with such thinking that he can park double yellow lines with passenger.... really should retake his tp thoery.

Duty of cisco if to help LTA keep the road in order and traffic smooth. u saw the white scooter come means u have to move already, they will not summon u like tt....But if still blocking the road treat them as transparent they think u don't give face liao, sure summon 100% regardless whoever inside the car

my 3yo niece also know double yellow cannot park lar....

but i tink certain discretion need to be practice by the cisco officer...

if really 5min, really need to give summons meh?

if most ppl here tink so n come out wif senerio like wad if 100 ppl park 5min n stuff... i tink wif this kind of ppl around, sg has really become an unliveable place....

another guy quoting extreme example.... haiz..

Well you were insisting that its okay to break the rules sometimes. So who's more extreme? [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

I have parked at the side lane, just opp Peninsular....just in front of the hotel there. Double yellow lines and this was on CNY eye at 4pm.

I dropped my son off to pick up his pants, and i stepped out of the car for a smoke. Within 5 mins, i see Cisco on motor-bike turning in, park his bike.....

so i walked over and explain, just waiting for son ....5 mins can??? If he does not come out shortly, i will drive off. He said ok and tell me, not too long and ride away. So....if u talk to them properly, they will understand and willing to close an eye. But be reasonable. They are humans too.

TS's frend's GF must have said something to the officer to make them talk rudely. Why on earth would anyone be rude in the first place??

They are just doing their job. [laugh]

Got good and bad drivers; got good and bad parking wardens. Anyway, he just doing his job, although he could have been more diplomatic.

Suck it up and let's move on.

You actually believed what TS says? How do you know it's really 5 mins? And how do you know the gf wasn't rude to the warden in the first place? You are just listening to one side of the story.

If you go dig a bit, TS always got funny road encounters.

He always say it's his 'friend'. Imaginary if you asked me.

It must be Coleman Street, it's pretty strict over there..5 mins is all it takes & they come pretty often..in team of 2. The Excelsior hotel side is slightly better..but there's a limit.

↡ Advertisement