My Amaron batt kanna icing on the terminals....

Ken4555

hey bros....

my previous car had this 'icing' problem... funny thing it was fine all along... until one fine day when i....

sometime ago... i parked overnight at a frd's plc and didnt start the car for more than 24hrs... no big deal right?... but couldnt crank at all the following 24hrs... funny... probably alternator weak or dying (coe car)... anyways AA came over and i got a Green Amaron Batt.... all was fine afterwards... car was great... got a voltage meter and made sure my alternator was fine... watever the case my batt was fine for another year... i had a pivot blue VS and a little spark enhancer too... ALL NO PROBLEM...

till one fine day i had just enjoyed my favourite katong laksa and the sunny asked me for help to jump start his car... wasnt a chio bu but a middle aged man who was helpless cause nobody helped him... had a galfrd with me so wanna act helpful... haha... i connected the cables... he started his car and thanked me and i drove off.... the next few days i realised there were 'icing' on my terminals... never had them before... could it be the jump start that caused it... my batt died the following month... it had lived approx 1.5 years... i had to get another batt to scrap the car so i picked one up from my regular WS... got an abandoned for 6months plus panasonic MF batt and it worked fine... WOW.... my mech said Amaron batts had a tendency to get icing on the terminals... true?

the present car i'm driving has a Green Amaron Batt now at almost 2years and it still seems fine... dying soon maybe but no signs watsoever... hmmm... i wanna go up north next week so wanna get a new batt...

So is Amaron really good or not? wanna get a new batt now but want a good one that last....

suggestions much appreciated... ^_^

↡ Advertisement

Should be caused by battery fumes, humidity and any rainwater that may have found its way under the bonnet (usually battery right next to the edge and rainwater still seeps in)

I believe Bosch 75Ah Mega Power Silver S5 battery should be good and solid (its darn heavy!), but haven't used long enough to vouch for its longevity.

the icing u referring to, is it white powdery substance?

if it is..be careful

its a sign that ur battery kicking the bucket soon lah

i also have such icing on the battery terminal

my voltage stablisier also shown a healthy 13.6V, but the terminal got the white powdery substance..

everything is fine until one fine sunday, i got stuck when the battery went dead

outside a hotel...

hahaa

the icing u referring to, is it white powdery substance?

if it is..be careful

its a sign that ur battery kicking the bucket soon lah

i also have such icing on the battery terminal

my voltage stablisier also shown a healthy 13.6V, but the terminal got the white powdery substance..

everything is fine until one fine sunday, i got stuck when the battery went dead

outside a hotel...

hahaa

yup yup... tats right... everything fine until one fine day... arghhhhh.... btw i heard batt which need to top up batt water type will last longer.... but ley chey.... but since i spend so much time with my car cleaning polishing all.... i guess wats some topping up of batt water... if cheaper and last longer why not sia...

by the way 81 ah? [laugh]

outside a hotel...

hahaa

Actually, you can't tell from running voltage, cuz the alternator is actually constantly charging the battery.

Need to do load test. Generally a healthy batt under load will be close to 11v or more. Anything in the low 10s or under shows signs of fatigue already.

if i'm not wrong the icing should be sulfuric acid coming from the battery?

wipe it off cause the chemicals will cause rust.

battery needs to be changed i think.

Actually i do not like to jump start other people car if i can help it.

reason is that i had helped a few people jump start before,

and funny thing is that the battery normally do not last, or tend to

have shorter life span (less than 2 yrs).

But of course i will still help to jump start or push start if necessary.

Any bro having the same situation before?

if i'm not wrong the icing should be sulfuric acid coming from the battery?

wipe it off cause the chemicals will cause rust.

battery needs to be changed i think.

[wave] hello...

back then i didnt want to touch the icing... so i sprayed a lot of grease over it... but the icing still grew and batt passed away soon after... yes there were signs of rust too...

just coat the terminals with petroleum jelly will do

petroleum jelly?... which brand better?... if can use petroleum jelly that means KY also can ah?

exactly! this is the question i am trying to ask... caus ei do think the jump start caused my batt to grow icing... i mean i always clean my engine bay when i wash my car... so no white stuff till i jump started the other car... or coincidence?...

any feedback thoughts?

[wave] hello...

back then i didnt want to touch the icing... so i sprayed a lot of grease over it... but the icing still grew and batt passed away soon after... yes there were signs of rust too...

the chemical is toxic so try not to inhale or come in contact with it.

it has corroded the metal thus the rustiness.

put petroleum jelly on the terminals instead of grease.

exactly! this is the question i am trying to ask... caus ei do think the jump start caused my batt to grow icing... i mean i always clean my engine bay when i wash my car... so no white stuff till i jump started the other car... or coincidence?...

any feedback thoughts?

by right there shouldnt be any problems after that.

unless you did it the wrong way..

no such things as jump start will damage the batt... the 2 possibilities that could caused the damage are:

1) someone with 12V batt try to jump start a 24V batt (truck) or vice versa...

2) wrong connect of batt terminal- + terminal to negative terminal.

3) fail to connect the - terminal to chassis... during the jump start. positive connected to positive terminal, and for another wire, connect the negative terminal of your batt to another party car chassis (not directly to negative terminal of the other batt)

Ive jump start other car dunno how many times alrd, nvr encounter any problem...

↡ Advertisement