A construction question

Hotamp

very sian at office now [sleeping] ...staring out at a construction site opp my window....can any bros frm the construction sector enlighten me as to why they want to transport and stacked those huge concrete cubes up 2-3 levels on steel beams placed on the ground?

↡ Advertisement

very sian at office now [sleeping] ...staring out at a construction site opp my window....can any bros frm the construction sector enlighten me as to why they want to transport and stacked those huge concrete cubes up 2-3 levels on steel beams placed on the ground?

Think all those ppl now in construction site [:p]

Anyway let me make a wild guess. To make a firm foundation when the ground are lossen enough.

do ground stress test to see can carry on building or not

Well...my uncle told me before.

To test how soft the soil in that area is.

There will be a laser measurement to check the sinking over a period of time.

This way, they will know how deep to pile the foundation to keep the building from sinking after 30 years.

I was told by construction frens its for reducing and stabilising the tremour produced from piling...the big concrete blocks act as weight.

I was told by construction frens its for reducing and stabilising the tremour produced from piling...the big concrete blocks act as weight.

The concrete blocks act as weight, it placed for a short period of time. Prior to that the soil level is baseline taken, subsequently the soil level is re taken again. This is to ascertain the degree of sinkage. It is not used for stability purpose

Further soil test is conducted via bore test, the leyers of soil and the compactness is tested.

These few other tests to determine the size of the piles for the sub structure/foundation to sit on top. Some cases, no need piling but apply mess concrete. How deep to pile depends on the soil conditions, usually pile till it hit a hard ground.

Well...my uncle told me before.

To test how soft the soil in that area is.

There will be a laser measurement to check the sinking over a period of time.

This way, they will know how deep to pile the foundation to keep the building from sinking after 30 years.

sounds logical...but before the even bring the cubes into the site.....i have seen them drilled and take soil samples. i guess they would already know abt the soil conditions before the actual design stage....anyway i also guessing [:p]

Neutral Newbie

In ur case, i called them up to stack right opp ur window to make u curious & thn post a thread in MCF. LOL.

In ur case, i called them up to stack right opp ur window to make u curious & thn post a thread in MCF. LOL.

sorry if i have touch a raw nerve here, but i do not see a problem if i have post a non related car question on the "lite and ez" section of MCF. If you are the moderator and not happy with it you can delete my post, if you are just any forumer and dont feel like answering nor reading it...you can also be on your way ... seriously no need to post any nonconstructive comments.

Neutral Newbie

after pilling is done to the required depth, they'll need to test if all the piles can support the building, occupants and more. the concrete boulders act as simulated weight on the pile. measurements will be taken at certain time interval to determine the 'sinking' rate. imagine if the pile is not stabilsed yet, we'll have a collapsed building in time to come or the leaning tower of singapore?

pilling has a few purposes, to compact the soil to make it firmer, transfer the loads of building to the 'bed rocks'. there's more to it, but i think this should be sufficient to answer your question.

sorry if i have touch a raw nerve here, but i do not see a problem if i have post a non related car question on the "lite and ez" section of MCF. If you are the moderator and not happy with it you can delete my post, if you are just any forumer and dont feel like answering nor reading it...you can also be on your way ... seriously no need to post any nonconstructive comments.

lol bro, relax

he was pulling your leg only

after pilling is done to the required depth, they'll need to test if all the piles can support the building, occupants and more. the concrete boulders act as simulated weight on the pile. measurements will be taken at certain time interval to determine the 'sinking' rate. imagine if the pile is not stabilsed yet, we'll have a collapsed building in time to come or the leaning tower of singapore?

pilling has a few purposes, to compact the soil to make it firmer, transfer the loads of building to the 'bed rocks'. there's more to it, but i think this should be sufficient to answer your question.

thanks bro....at lease i have learn something new today.

Neutral Newbie

Was just pulling ur leg. Sori for wat. Its lite n EZ & u so serious? Gt no problem with ur post. Well, I read ur post bt u obviously din read mine properly. U r too sensitive. Btw, do u tink u can stop anyone frm posting non constructive comments? Grow up. Its a forum. Anyway I m not here to argue with u. Since u so serious & sian, I will accept ur apologise n move on. Ciao.

Edited by 2bfree

you really boring.... staring at hot babe better than construction site :D