Pointless car devices

Ahtong

By pointless, I mean .....

1 - No improvement to car's performance, functionality or looks

2 - Claims to do something but doesn't

3 - Marginal difference but not worth the investment or effort

4 - Sounds like a good idea on paper but sucks in real life

The car device can be factory fitted or aftermarket

One really silly one I encountered is an automatic belt tightener in conti cars. It gives the passengers an abrupt jerk everytime they fasten up. (1&4)

Voltage stabilizers are imo something cars can live happily with or without (1,2 or 3)

Bodykits and spoilers are subjective cases (1 or 3)

↡ Advertisement

One really silly one I encountered is an automatic belt tightener in conti cars. It gives the passengers an abrupt jerk everytime they fasten up. (1&4)

Voltage stabilizers are imo something cars can live happily with or without (1,2 or 3)

mine free leh... [laugh]

Gauges in most cars. If u dont know what it does or even read it, why install em.

Mine was not. Spent a fair bit of money to install aftermarket body kit and spoiler. Looks nice for a while but after that [sleeping]. In fact I now feel embarrassed to point out my car since people must be thinking "what a poseur......"

A rookie mistake I will not repeat again.

Gauges in most cars. If u dont know what it does or even read it, why install em.

Speedo and fuel gage are very important

Edited by Ahtong

that day i saw a suzuki swift, the exhaust quite loud and big. on the dashboard got alot of gauges. once move off, KNN so slow. my bro ask me, the gauges for wat har? swift got turbo one meh? i tell him, those are clocks for different timezones [laugh] [laugh]

that day i saw a suzuki swift, the exhaust quite loud and big. on the dashboard got alot of gauges. once move off, KNN so slow. my bro ask me, the gauges for wat har? swift got turbo one meh? i tell him, those are clocks for different timezones [laugh] [laugh]

[laugh] no offense,but i encountered quite a few of these "swifts"...at traffic light,your exhaust is telling the whole world of your presence.but once the green lights are on,their move off damn bloody slow!

In that case, we can talk about carbon fibre stickers and all those scooby-doos with exhaust(s) large enough to stuff a cabbage inside.

yah i know, but my rear pax do not have the rights to do so lolz

same same...

rear pax IMO no say. sitting beside me is either my lao bu, lao peh or gf. lao bu wont touch. lao peh and gf wanna touch i wont mind, they will chg to smth that i wont mind.

[laugh] no offense,but i encountered quite a few of these "swifts"...at traffic light,your exhaust is telling the whole world of your presence.but once the green lights are on,their move off damn bloody slow!

I do not own a swift but does loud exhaust tone mean they must whack at every traffic light ?

Maybe next time u jio them for a race then maybe can see if they have true potential la.

In that case, we can talk about carbon fibre stickers and all those scooby-doos with exhaust(s) large enough to stuff a cabbage inside.

I agree, those so called large exhaust looks smaller than the size of a condense milk tin at the tip, wonder why no one thought of welding those large milo or baby milk power tin to their exhaust? Confirm extra loud and gain more attention on the roads and Stomp.

what about boost gauge in a non-TC car? :D

pretty pointless i would say [:p]

not forgetting turbo timers.....in non-turbo cars! [hur]

↡ Advertisement