Sungai Lembing, Kuantan

Kelpie

(edited)

Very rustic. Brings back fond memories of the yesteryears at my grandparent's place. Worth considering to let my kids experience kampong living.

Food-wise, anything to share?

I went there with the objective of getting my kids expose to Kampung living. My girl was making hell lots of noises along way. Especially the part of climbing the Lembing hill, where all were drenched and soaked! [laugh]

Kids these days are really spolit laj <_< .

I doubt Lembing is a place for nice food. In fact, I find myself lucky to bring along cup noodles. The Lembing Riverview Resort can cater for cooked dinner provided you have a group. I didn't try the smaller kopi tiam around the town since Hoover Restaurant (so-called the best one) already standard not as good.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Sg Pandan

Thanks for the picture. This one is outside of Sungai Lembing town, which I thought of going too. Since it was showering so no point going there. Actually, I wanted to visit the Rainbow waterfall in Sungai Lembing. The belows were from a blog:

DSC_3717a.jpg

DSC_3755a.jpg

DSCN0532a.jpg

In this waterfall, you will get to see a draw of rainbow in the early morning. Too bad, due to the rain, so no point going.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

Neutral Newbie

I went there with the objective of getting my kids expose to Kampung living. My girl was making hell lots of noises along way. Especially the part of climbing the Lembing hill, where all were drenched and soaked! [laugh]

I doubt Lembing is a place for nice food. In fact, I find myself lucky to bring along cup noodles. The Lembing Riverview Resort can cater for cooked dinner provided you have a group. I didn't try the smaller kopi tiam around the town since Hoover Restaurant (so-called the best one) already standard not as good.

Regards,

Hi Kelpie,

Thks for sharing.

From SG to Lembing is about how many hours ?

This is what we took at Bt Panorama

Sungai Lembing has no single factory or heavy industry within its vincity. Could be why the air is fresh. I missed the hill view due to the rain. Will go there the next time.

Back to where I put up, you could only see very low cloud surrounding the area even though it is not of high ascend.

Regards,

Hi Kelpie,

Thks for sharing.

From SG to Lembing is about how many hours ?

I went to Lembing from KL, which took me about 2 hours or so.

When coming back, I took the state road (E12), from Lembing, passed Gambang, all the way to segamat then joined back E2 (NSHW) near Yong Peng. Around 4.5 hours.

Regards,

Kelpie, Thanks very much for the info and photos

Glad that I could go to somewhere relatively "virgin" and to share you guys [cool]. Last heard from the Uncle in the Crytal House that the Malaysia govt has intention to rebuild the tin mine (hundreds of story underground) for tourism. Hopefully not just another plain talk again -_- .

Regards,

Regards,

Yeah, I agree that kids are pampered these days. I'm also keen to give my kids some exposure to village living, something that's completely absent in modern Singapore. Of course, I will still draw a line when it comes to common squatting toilets and buzzing mosquitoes.

Pity about the food. The village, rustic though it may be, should at least have a main draw, and usually for me it's good food.

How did you come to discover this place?

Yeah, I agree that kids are pampered these days. I'm also keen to give my kids some exposure to village living, something that's completely absent in modern Singapore. Of course, I will still draw a line when it comes to common squatting toilets and buzzing mosquitoes.

Pity about the food. The village, rustic though it may be, should at least have a main draw, and usually for me it's good food.

How did you come to discover this place?

Is squatting toilet that bad? [laugh] I would prefer to use squatting toilet at public places. For hotel, I've not used one before. It could be the rain, didn't get a single bite at Sungai Lembing. But they do have big beeltes flying around :D.

Food wise, really depend lor. The web review on those mentioned stalls seem very solid leh, some even got featured in the TV show. Perhaps, my taste bud is really different [;)]. Wah, that roasted pork is solid. I will make sure I stay over the weekend to personally withness the roasting process and eat the pork on the spot. They only roast the whole pig on Saturday.

I've been wanting to visit Kuantan. While doing web research, I chance upon this place. I also happened to view a TV food show featuring that place and their famous roasted pork, Yong Tau Fu, Tomatoes sauce noodles and etc. I'm contemplating to go there again during the June holidays.

Regards,

Supercharged

i m going thus coming tuesday! hope the weather will be good!

U just go Sg Lembing ? Not going nearby Cherating/Khuantan/Gambang as well ?

(edited)

Just went last month...it was quite a long drive from Cherating (almost 1 hour) with mix highway and trunk road...only went to the Museum and experience the old town...as it was weekday afternoon...most eatery are close so you need to plan properly if you really want to go there and got nowhere else to go,,,

1. Entrance to the town

2. Entrance to the Museum

3. Aeriel view of the town from the Museum

4. Had late lunch at the only hawker center - Braise pork rice

5. Wild boar meet curry

6. Squid kangkong from across the street

7. River

8. Landmark suspension bridge

post-27044-0-85016400-1399822585.jpg

post-27044-0-56438500-1399822590.jpg

post-27044-0-09133000-1399822608.jpg

post-27044-0-79775300-1399822612.jpg

post-27044-0-56294000-1399822618.jpg

post-27044-0-69503100-1399822622.jpg

post-27044-0-75871600-1399822627.jpg

post-27044-0-59353600-1399822632.jpg

Edited by Dxyong
  • Praise 2

This year road trip, decided to go to Kuantan and visit the places that I had never visited before even thou I have been here three times. We stayed at Swiss Garden Resort, its our favourite choice due to its location, facilities and room. As usual, drove there through Route 3 road, hugging the east coast of MY. Reached Kuantan, East Coast Mall without much fuss. Had lunch there and a bit of shopping. Curry noodles and chicken ham sandwich.

post-2654-0-28834900-1456490828_thumb.jpg

Then we checked into Swiss garden Resort. The room that was given to us was great. Same level as the lobby and facing the pool. We decided to have dinner nearby, upon checking Tripadvisor, there is a recommended restaurant nearby, Beserah SF Restaurant. Had cheese crayfish, sambal kangkong, salted egg sotong and toufu with onion. Jin ho jiak and pretty cheap. All portion small. Total price RM96 with rice and lime juices. I know the crayfish cost RM40, got five crayfishes. More than enough for both of us. Best of all, got seaview while dining.

post-2654-0-37991800-1456896962_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-21582200-1456896974_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-07180800-1456896985_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-12136900-1456491042_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-77986100-1456491079_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-52584700-1456491098_thumb.jpg

Early next morning, I took out my DJI Phantom and did some aerial photography + videography. Never viewed the resort such high up before. Here are the photos and video from my DJI Phantom.

post-2654-0-20387800-1456537676_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-24008700-1456537690_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-38996500-1456537704_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3