Sungai Lembing, Kuantan

Kelpie

fasting month, dinner time most of the makan place will be packed and those hotel restaurant will be fully booked   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Forgot about the fasting month.  [:(]

Looks like have to eat at Chinese restaurants only ... :veryangry:

↡ Advertisement

Hi... [wave]

Don't want to start another new thread on Kuantan.

I am planning a weekends trip to Kuantan, Club Med and had booked rooms there for second week in June 2017.

Apart from those places stated like Sungai Lembing, Old Mine, beaches, ... etc. Any brothers here can recommend and update any new & exciting places around Kuantan. Will be driving to those places as day visits from the hotel.  

Any old town kind of shops that's can buy those 60's or 70's items ?  like wooden washing plank, wooden clog shoes, .... etc.

And most important of all, best FOOD  in Kuantan......... :a-happy:

Appreciate your replies and if possible, some photos.

Go to Cukai town, slightly north of Club Med. The shophouses there got 60's to 70's feel.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Die die must try food in Kuantan are

1) Keropok lekor

2) Stuffed crabs

I only know the dried seafood at kuantan town is cheap like ikan bilis, dried cuttlefish, dried oyster and etc.

Enjoy your trip ya!

• Praise 3

Go to Cukai town, slightly north of Club Med. The shophouses there got 60's to 70's feel.

Chukai unfortunately has modernised a lot, Kuala dungun is still about the same as 60's 70's as not much development has been done and this town is still alive.

Die die must try food in Kuantan are

1) Keropok lekor

2) Stuffed crabs

1) for keropok lekor, if you are going to chukai you can go to kuala kemamam (T124 road, just before the chukai bridge) for che wan, they should be opened during fasting month also. That road also has a lot of keropok lekor, but some may be closed due to fasting month.

https://www.facebook.com/otakotakchewan/

2) for stuffed crabs, unfortunately the standards have dropped a lot due to tourism, even for tong guan, where the crab meat is bought directly from factories (not manually taking out from crab as a lot of labour involved). Also when you finished the stuff crab, remember to smash a hole on the top part of crab shell so that they can not re-use the shell again.

I think making stuff crab yourself at home is better, just need to cook the crab (flower crab), mix it with onions and fry a while + seasoning, then stuff into shell and then use egg white bubble to seal it (use a mixer for the egg white bubble). A lot of effort but its better than the restaurants.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

I only know the dried seafood at kuantan town is cheap like ikan bilis, dried cuttlefish, dried oyster and etc.

Enjoy your trip ya!

Kuantan Salted Fish!!

• Praise 16

Hypersonic

Kuantan Salted Fish!!

got meh?

those times i went to kuantan, the dried seafood including salted fish all came from penang

Hypersonic

got meh?

those times i went to kuantan, the dried seafood including salted fish all came from penang

ð¬ð

Really? 一百歲唔死都有新聞 Please enlighten me .“请多多指教”
  • Praise 17

got meh?

• Praise 3

During puasa a lot may be closed.

I think puasa is the best time to go. Lots of them set up road side stalls to sell traditional malay kueh kueh after 5pm. Very very nice, if you dont mind road side food.

Hypersonic

Have lah. You can see lots of shops sell salted fish along Route 3 from Kuantan to Trengganu.

They also sell frozen keropok lekor. Wana bring back SG, need a freezer bag. I must remember to bring one if I visiting Kuantan again.

are you referring to shops or road side stalls?

those dried seafood shops i went to were selling pre packed ones from penang

[confused]  

are you referring to shops or road side stalls?

those dried seafood shops i went to were selling pre packed ones from penang

[confused]  

Both shops and road side stalls. Plenty of them along that route. Got both makeshift stalls and proper concrete shops.

See the above post of the place I go for dinner. There is a concrete shop next to them. And they only speak malay. So I asked the frenly malay customer who can translate to english help me translate with the shop owners. What they sold were made in Kuantan.

• Praise 1

I only get my dried seafood products from this big aircon outlet when in Kuantan. Plenty of parking spaces & no need to haggle prices.

post-109106-0-60309300-1494556646_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6