Why do some companies pay bogus senior employees?

Joycechua

Neutral Newbie

Hi all bros and sis.

I am actually trying to find out why some companies will resort to such acts. The scenario is given below:

Auntie A has not been working for quite some years. Her relative asked her to pass her her NRIC card to apply for some "incentives" government is giving to senior citizen.

Auntie A started to receive $5+ from company X in CPF monthly contributions and get the checks from CPF for the Workfare something scheme.

Auntie A never worked for company X.

What benefits does company X have to make Auntie A a bogus employee?

- Evade tax?

i can't really find this online. please assist.

↡ Advertisement

maybe:

1) company needs to meet local to foreigner quota t employ more foreign workers

2) i recall there was some scheme to get old ladies to join the workforce. i cannot recall the terms and conditions. newspaper got say

Neutral Newbie

The relative's son owns Company X.

I am trying to get more information before reporting to CPF. But what gains does Company X have to do such things? I suspect Company A may be paying non-senior workers salary but NOT cpf. the cpf is instead given to Auntie A.

According to Auntie A, not just her NRIC was used. Also Uncle B and Auntie C.

Neutral Newbie

maybe:

1) company needs to meet local to foreigner quota t employ more foreign workers

2) i recall there was some scheme to get old ladies to join the workforce. i cannot recall the terms and conditions. newspaper got say

Oh, 1) is very possible. This may be why.... I think it is unethical to bluff the old aunties and uncle and deprive Singaporeans from jobs by doing such things. Shame on that stupid company!

Oh, 1) is very possible. This may be why.... I think it is unethical to bluff the old aunties and uncle and deprive Singaporeans from jobs by doing such things. Shame on that stupid company!

Please report that company to MOM and let them investigate. We don't need more stinko companies to ruin the job market for Singaporeans.

Neutral Newbie

Please report that company to MOM and let them investigate. We don't need more stinko companies to ruin the job market for Singaporeans.

Yah, MOM too. I think I will report to CPF and MOM. This has been going on for 2 years. Just recently found out from Auntie A. Sigh...

Neutral Newbie

Not sure. I only know that my Aunties and Uncle are involved and they do not know this may be a fraud or crimes. Sigh.. now i have to settle for them. :(

yes, please do a good deed and report ASAP.. to cover your aunties and uncle's backside.. in case they get into trouble with the law and they don't even know why..

what are u still doing here???!!

go report lah. hopefully investigations will start soon. this is unethical.

I believe many coy is taking advantage of the loophole and benefits from the different type of incentive scheme hand out by the government, thinking that 不拿白不拿!

sad to say those coy that know the scheme may abuse it and other don't even know where to turn to. that's why some time the govt said these scheme in place to help sme, but not many come forward to claim

Highly possible local to foreigners ratio in a company. That's how you see ALL FTs in some company/shops. Boss pay CPF to the auntie/uncle to hire more FTs, win-win situation for both.

(edited)

Yah, MOM too. I think I will report to CPF and MOM. This has been going on for 2 years. Just recently found out from Auntie A. Sigh...

Why did Auntie A tell you all this?? Iam surprised she did. Given this is something not very ethical, by right she would as much as possible not reveal anything which can land her in trouble..

Edited by Damienic

Hi all bros and sis.

I am actually trying to find out why some companies will resort to such acts. The scenario is given below:

Auntie A has not been working for quite some years. Her relative asked her to pass her her NRIC card to apply for some "incentives" government is giving to senior citizen.

Auntie A started to receive $5+ from company X in CPF monthly contributions and get the checks from CPF for the Workfare something scheme.

Auntie A never worked for company X.

What benefits does company X have to make Auntie A a bogus employee?

- Evade tax?

i can't really find this online. please assist.

This is known as ''Phantom worker''....MOM is very hard on this kinda cheating case...don;t try....

Bro & Sis,

The Auntie gets money without working.

My point is - if the money is gone, will the Auntie's livelihood be affected ?

How can we secure that money for Aunite and at the same time report the unethical practices ?

↡ Advertisement