How do companies manage to release your car within one week?

Joycechua

Neutral Newbie

I have a question. I paid my car last week. The agent said i can get my car this week. My question is how did they manage to do it? I was told by my colleagues that it takes two weeks to get a license number.

I wonder if my agent just wants to get my $$$ - that is, her commission.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I have a question. I paid my car last week. The agent said i can get my car this week. My question is how did they manage to do it? I was told by my colleagues that it takes two weeks to get a license number.

someone could have forfeted his/her car recently.

Neutral Newbie

Only possible if:

1) Car is already in Sg; i.e., in stock

2) Open Cat COE is used, else you have to wait for the next COE bid.

It doesn't take two weeks to get a license number. Just maybe 2 or 3 working days to register the car with LTA using the COE to get the license number if I'm not wrong [nod]

Neutral Newbie

someone could have forfeted his/her car recently.

but i requested for new car leh and the agreement also said new car. :(

Neutral Newbie

It doesn't take two weeks to get a license number. Just maybe 2 or 3 working days to register the car with LTA using the COE to get the license number if I'm not wrong [nod]

Oh I c. My colleagues anyhow said [gossip] . Make me worry... yah.. the car in singapore already... YIPPEE [bounce2] ... but no license number yet.

but i requested for new car leh and the agreement also said new car. :(

forfeited doesn't mean that owner go drive around then forfeit...it means never even take the car so the car is new.

Turbocharged

forfeited doesn't mean that owner go drive around then forfeit...it means never even take the car so the car is new.

yap. [rolleyes] what car did you order?

Neutral Newbie

Oh, then the car is suai. :( I better check mine when I receive.

i got mine in abt 10days...

to confirm whether the car really in sg already onot, ask the SE for the car chassis number. if he/she dun have, dun confirm he/she confirm tua kang.

wat car u bought? coe sucessful liao huh?

1 week possible for existing stock. registration is just a matter of a couple of days.

during then yr car already being prepped up for delivery/ collection.

Turbocharged

Oh, then the car is suai. :( I better check mine when I receive.

Why Suai? Please don't have this kiasu mentally ok. [;)]

Maybe his loan not approve so dealer got extra stock mah...it's not like as if the car already assigned to him.

Only when the car is registered with a license plate then considered assigned to you.

Possible lah. I buy from PI still remember the following week is the COE bidding. I commit on Friday submit bank loan then Tue approve loan Wed bid sucessfully COE. Got the car on the following Friday. Total 2 weeks taken from signing and taking car. Actually car can take earlier if not for sending the car for doing leather seats and PPS and solar film. After getting the COE on Wed the register car my number plate is out on Tue already [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I got mine within 5 working days from deposit payment to collection of new car

COE bid not successful and immediately decide to use open cat. If not because of number retention and Huper Optic, could have got it two days earlier

major authorised dealers can do the registration via internet inhouse

Edited by Fedup-camry

Neutral Newbie

Why Suai? Please don't have this kiasu mentally ok. [;)]

Maybe his loan not approve so dealer got extra stock mah...it's not like as if the car already assigned to him.

Only when the car is registered with a license plate then considered assigned to you.

Heehee.. cos the car was rejected. :P jst joking... :)

Neutral Newbie

Possible lah. I buy from PI still remember the following week is the COE bidding. I commit on Friday submit bank loan then Tue approve loan Wed bid sucessfully COE. Got the car on the following Friday. Total 2 weeks taken from signing and taking car. Actually car can take earlier if not for sending the car for doing leather seats and PPS and solar film. After getting the COE on Wed the register car my number plate is out on Tue already [laugh]

wah, congrats! the agent said will finish everything then pass me the car