Accident Rider Run Away! Ha ha

Mnphosis

And I thought I had my fair share of accidents knowing what to do but this one is a new one truly. Maybe not new to some other bros.

I was on a single lane 2 way road, Haig Road towards Haig Court. At the entrance to haig court, I turned left to guard house. Suddenly go one bike whack right into my left side/left rear. He was squeezing in from my left on a single lane road and did not notice my signal.

My car not new car 5 years already. I quickly stop vehicle, help the rider up and ask him if he needs assistant. Didnt bother about the damage. help ppl 1st ma. I glanced at the damage, not very serious. Some dents, paintwork badly scratched but nothing that couldnt be fixed. I still pat him on nhis back and tell him that single lane road why rush and cut until like that? Lucky low speed.

Cars were horning as they needed to enter the condo so I moved my vehicle some metres forward. After that, took some photos of the surroundings and the bike and then spoke to rider asking him if he would like me to go his workshop, settle here or I claim his insurance.

He says that he got no $$$ to pay and no workshop so I say claim insurance lor. He says ok. I say we exchange particulars and as I approached my vehicle to take pen and paper, he quickly rode off on his bike!!!???

wa lao eh.

So never mind, I got his number anyway. The security guard also offered to be my witness as he saw me slowing down, signal in advance before turning. Kayu rider dreaming just whack thru.

The rider seemed 99% malaysian from his accent but he was riding local bike. I did for a moment think that he was either borrowing his friends bike etc. Maybe not owner.

Today go my workshop for 3rd party claim. Shared my sentiments with them. Alamak, tell me that unlike car, bikes no any rider (i know la, I rider too) if bike rider not owner or insured, hard to claim. Bike insurance wont cover. Got witness also no use.

Becomes civil case. but if biker no $$$ also wasting my time.

Report to police hit and run, police not interested say will only do accident report acknowledgement form for me.

So if biker is not owner of bike, my case is as good as gone. It does not matter if I have the photo of the rider, the bike, the damage, the accident scene or even a witness. Nothing for me to claim liao.

If I want to teach the fella a lesson, for riding without insurance, must report to police. But police not interested to find out who.

sit down and cry. Probably fix with my own $$$. Luckily its in the high hundreds only.

knn, good heart, polite and helpful and relax also no use. let ppl take advantage and run like that. maybe i should have reversed hard and crush his bike so he cant run.

just sharing my sob story.

btw if u guys got any inputs feel free to add.

Otherwise, I just wait to pay for my own damage. this kinda case also have, sigh.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

First I teach u how to make those useless dogs in blue wake up their idea and work...

1) U post your story on STOMP

2) You contact as many newspaper like ST, New Paper, chinese press etc mentioning how come dogs in blue nowadays dun work but slack...

3) You KPKB with a nasty email to law minister and cc copy to police commissioner on point no 2

4) You wait for them ( 3 ) to reply you.

5) Just wait....sure got results one...I finally saw results when I put someone away for 4 yrs.... when that farker told me I cannot do anything to him in the eyes of the law.....that farker now rotting away in jail thanks to yours truly....The look on that loser's face is priceless [thumbsup]

Edited by Blackseal

I think can procees to claim lah. Cos most malaysian also ride sg registered bike if they working here and is PR so they cannot ride MY registered bike. Alot of my colleague also Malaysian PR riding sg bikes. And if the rider is not owner they owner will also not tell the insurer cos it is an offence to let someone ride his bike without insurance cover right.

just report to your insurance and police to claim hit and run. unless of course few hundred bucks repair is not worth the time spent. the audacity to run away after accident! teach that irresponsible bugger a lesson now before he hits and run in a bigger vehicle next time!

5) Just wait....sure got results one...I finally saw results when I put someone away for 4 yrs.... when that farker told me I cannot do anything to him in the eyes of the law.....that farker now rotting away in jail thanks to yours truly....The look on that loser's face is priceless [thumbsup]

Share the story leh..........

i intend to see it thru. tomorrow check with star auto what they can do then proceed to insist on police report. obviously acknowledgement form not good enough.

was sharing the funny/absurd/shocking story with u fellas.

i felt a bit weird too. did not even care for my vehicle, was concerned with if he hurt himself, never even scold him and he do this kind of not steady thing to me. might as well ride bicycle.

Share the story leh..........

Since that fella oredi in prison...and still in prison...dun want to make him suffer anymore lah....I always believe in giving that fella a chance than shut the door on him...but if that fella come out 4 yrs later still yayapapaya..... and still not learnt his lesson....not only will I share the story here....but he will go straight to hell [rifle]

btw this thread replies all from yellow carders ah?

*laughs*

Then we should have an exclusive yellow members only thread in future....wanna take part must have yellow card first [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

There are no such things this case is a hit and run because the rider did not straight away run right after he hit TS vehicle.Hit and run means you have to hit the person/vehicle/animal and then without stopping leave the scene straightaway.Instead,the rider even got down and managed to talk to TS.The act of the rider does not constitute hit and run,this is what you need to understand about how the law works.This is more to dishonestly and the rider will be called down by traffic police for statement.There is a charge for not exchanging particulars at the accident scene,if im not wrong.Once u lodged a police report,the file of course will be forwarded to traffic police,and not neighbourhood police case.

Duty to stop in case of accident

Neutral Newbie

There are no such things this case is a hit and run because the rider did not straight away run right after he hit TS vehicle.Hit and run means you have to hit the person/vehicle/animal and then without stopping leave the scene straightaway.Instead,the rider even got down and managed to talk to TS.The act of the rider does not constitute hit and run,this is what you need to understand about how the law works.This is more to dishonestly and the rider will be called down by traffic police for statement.There is a charge for not exchanging particulars at the accident scene,if im not wrong.Once u lodged a police report,the file of course will be forwarded to traffic police,and not neighbourhood police case.

Duty to stop in case of accident

Neutral Newbie

What happen if you hit an animal? Call the police?

dead_animal_on_lane_1_causes_massive_sle_jam-thumbnail.jpg

This morning's (Mar 3) massive traffic jam on Seletar Expressway was caused by an accident involving this dead animal, apparently a 'large deer', on lane 1.

However the vehicle that knocked down the animal had left the scene.

STOMPer Keith_G wonders if it was an offence for a driver to leave the scene of an accident involving animals.

In the STOMPer's report:

"Traffic jam on SLE early this morning.

"This poor animal, which I can't identify, was lying dead on lane 1.

"I wonder if this is a hit-and-run? If yes, is there any offence?" (Can i claim Insurance?)

Latest update:

STOMP understands that the animal is apparently a 'large deer'.

The Singapore Zoo will be releasing a statement on this incident shortly.

Neutral Newbie

bro you are doing the right thing, never change your character because of people doing the WRONG thing.

"I wonder if this is a hit-and-run? If yes, is there any offence?" (Can i claim Insurance?)

Sigh..

Was in Canada sometime back, and the highway came to a standstill,

to allow a family of ducks cross the road. [:/]

Neutral Newbie

So does this means if there is no injury, no need to exchange particulars ?

If in any case owing to the presence of a motor vehicle on a road an accident occurs whereby damage or injury is caused to any person, vehicle, structure or animal, the driver of the motor vehicle shall stop and, if required to do so by any person having reasonable grounds for so requiring, give his name and address and also the name and address of the owner and the identification marks of the motor vehicle.

I above clause already covered everything...if there is no injury,there will sure be some damages to vehicle..and for the deer,there are laws that says u must stop and call for "Animal Ambulance" in a way to render assistance to the animal.leaving behind the deer just like that is an offence without calling help.Imagine if u have a pet,a car run over it and pretending nothing happen..

(edited)

Since that fella oredi in prison...and still in prison...dun want to make him suffer anymore lah....I always believe in giving that fella a chance than shut the door on him...but if that fella come out 4 yrs later still yayapapaya..... and still not learnt his lesson....not only will I share the story here....but he will go straight to hell [rifle]

kanna 4yrs will be released 3yrs or less... so i think you better watch out becarful abit... wait you kanna by him by surprise... worse if you have children...

i wouldn't share the story here if i were you... and i dont wanna know anyways... but take care...

and yah wtf all yellow cards replies??? [confused]

Edited by Ken4555

(edited)

Had a similar case couple of yrs ago. Was hit by a Boleh land bike from behind at Ubi. Took pic but boleh biker refused to gv me his particulars.

I immediately drove to Aunty Lucy Claim Centre to lodge a report. I ask AL who are their nearest AUTHORISED WOKSHOP. They directed me to Delgro UBI.

When at DU, the officer refused to help me saying tat Boleh vehicle hard to claim.

I called AL and made a complain to one of their CLAIM OFFICER. She also told me very difficult to claim against Boleh vehicle.

I wrote a letter to ST forum and 2 days later my letter was published.

Our local General Insurance Agency Body (Cant remember the name) asked me to contact them so that they can bring this matter to Aunty Lucy.

Within 2 weeks, AL settled my cliam.

Edited by Yahgo22
↡ Advertisement