Republic Auto

Unfair

7 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

Trade in 5 series

But Republic said paper cum body only

They are too much but hope you have gotten good discount in addition to trade in . Move on, lessons learned and enjoy your new ride. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

All 2nd hand dealer more or less the same. Buyers beware. RA seem ok till you buy from them. Within a week of issues reported, they might rectify for you but once past more weeks, they will not entertain much but to tell you its wear & tear etc. (thought we had a lemon law of 6 month?) Anyway bought a MB from them thinking its C&C subsidiary should be safe but found out last servicing was not even done at C&C but at their own in-house workshop in Pandan Loop. Visited MB center for 1st servicing since it comes with a year warranty, SE mentioned no servicing record was found in MB system. Likely they perform own basic maintenance only and was not even doing a good job. Was also told by SE some outside dealer was better, they took effort to send their MB to MBC for servicing before selling off. Just open your eyes test the car make sure no issue before buying! Not to mentioned their interest rate is way higher.

Edited by Sky124
  • Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Sky124 said:

All 2nd hand dealer more or less the same. Buyers beware. RA seem ok till you buy from them. Within a week of issues reported, they might rectify for you but once past more weeks, they will not entertain much but to tell you its wear & tear etc. (thought we had a lemon law of 6 month?) Anyway bought a MB from them thinking its C&C subsidiary should be safe but found out last servicing was not even done at C&C but at their own in-house workshop in Pandan Loop. Visited MB center for 1st servicing since it comes with a year warranty, SE mentioned no servicing record was found in MB system. Likely they perform own basic maintenance only and was not even doing a good job. Was also told by SE some outside dealer was better, they took effort to send their MB to MBC for servicing before selling off. Just open your eyes test the car make sure no issue before buying! Not to mentioned their interest rate is way higher.

Thanks for sharing. Walked into Pandan 3 times but so far never closed a single deal with them.  Their price was way too high for cheapo like me but I thought their service and car quality should be good, now your experience provide me a different perspective about republic auto. 

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

Very true

Republic take it paper only

But no extra discount for their units there

Performance too

But got overtrade for new car

Pml n C&C overtrade really lousy . If not for the warranty,  some of the PI offer better value. 

The next car  i will sign up Comfort 😂

• Praise 5

32 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Pml n C&C overtrade really lousy . If not for the warranty,  some of the PI offer better value. 

The next car  i will sign up Comfort 😂

Ntuc selling car too ? 😲😲😲

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Thanks for sharing. Walked into Pandan 3 times but so far never closed a single deal with them.  Their price was way too high for cheapo like me but I thought their service and car quality should be good, now your experience provide me a different perspective about republic auto. 

Harder to nego much

Their warranty usually will appease some buyers

Once a while, may have decent deals

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, car50 said:

Harder to nego much

Their warranty usually will appease some buyers

Once a while, may have decent deals

sometimes they give service credits too. not bad. My friend got 2K. 1K change to discount, the other 1K remain as credit. But it is usually safe to buy low mileage cars from them. Most likely to be un-tampered. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Othello said:

sometimes they give service credits too. not bad. My friend got 2K. 1K change to discount, the other 1K remain as credit. But it is usually safe to buy low mileage cars from them. Most likely to be un-tampered. 

Agree

Their low mileage cars always gt snapped out fast

Generally a well serviced average mileage car is much better than a seldom driven very low mileage car

At least we know the car has gone thru a certain mileage without major problems

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, car50 said:

Agree

Their low mileage cars always gt snapped out fast

Generally a well serviced average mileage car is much better than a seldom driven very low mileage car

At least we know the car has gone thru a certain mileage without major problems

I believe they keep the low mileage cars to sell, while the rest they sell to exporters. See my earlier posts on how much they make from selling to exporters compared to selling in the 2nd hand market. And looking at the mileage they indicated for my old ride in the list, they do not tweak the odometer.

So I think they are honest in that sense, but you pay a premium for that. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2