Any good Confinement lady to recommend?(mine is a nightmare)

Thargor

Dear all,

I disappear for awhile...hehe...my daughter is 2 weeks now old...she's beautiful and adorable and healthy and cheerful and the list go on and on...

However my confinement lady is a nightmare.... Anyone has good confinement lady (preferably you use before) to recommend? And yeah I already tried and called many confinement lady from motherhood forum and the likes.

Many thanks!

↡ Advertisement

first of all, congrats about your new born, must be busy that haven't seen you posting...

did you get the confinement lady from MY? I prefer those at lease 50 years and above (but still healthy, you know those tough grandma type), too bad I lost her contact and mine was 14 years ago and she could have retired. But disadvantage of getting old auntie is they can be quite tradition and not allowed to do many things and get angry if you don't follow instructions, they meant good but just not whet the younger couples can accept.

Hypersonic

Most good confinement ladies will not be available on such a short notice.

The one that I employed for both my kids had to be booked as soon as the ETA dates were known.

Since it is already 2 weeks and another 2 more to go, I suggest either terminate her services immediately and DIY or live with the current one.

bro Thargor, a BIG CONGRATS for your new born baby girl !

yeah it may be a bit difficult to get a good CL now, but since already two weeks have passed, might as well try to work things out thru better communication of your expectations to the CL.

Now is the time you must learn from her how to care for baby, and take care of your baby and mrs, so that she can have plenty of rest and recovery. If you need any help feel free to ask.

Enjoy ! :)

congrat to you. Why don't you seek help from your mum or MIL instead of hiring another confinement lady since it is only 2 week left or better still shift in with your parent of PIL.

But again definition of good confinement lady is subjective. One is good IMO maybe consider as bad in other opinion. The confinement lady I had is good, cook for me, bring my son to childcare. Handwash the cloth diaper.

Only complain, her cooking is really very oily. After she left got to scrub the kitchen high and low.

Thank you all who reply and pm me.

Nightmare cos she talks on the hp a lot...very untidy...hygience level low...sometimes can be on hp and continue talking even when baby is crying...

Wife having postnatal depression now and so it doesnt help that the nanny is like that....

Can't get mum or mum-in-law to help cos basically wifey doesn't trust their baby handling skill...she doesn't even like to leave baby alone with them for brief moment...

Head gets big at times...new job (which I need to do very well so that I can provide well for my baby)...and still coping with lost of my very very recently deceased beloved sis (only have time to grief properly at night before i go to sleep...

What makes my day and give me moment of bliss, peace and love is seeing my baby girl...and I really hope that I can at least get a good confinement lady. The one we originally book fly us kite at the last moment....

Well...the past 1 month...honestly i have aged a lot....

:o

Nightmare cos she talks on the hp a lot...very untidy...hygience level low...sometimes can be on hp and continue talking even when baby is crying...

Wife having postnatal depression now and so it doesnt help that the nanny is like that....

Can't get mum or mum-in-law to help cos basically wifey doesn't trust their baby handling skill...she doesn't even like to leave baby alone with them for brief moment...

Head gets big at times...new job (which I need to do very well so that I can provide well for my baby)...and still coping with lost of my very very recently deceased beloved sis (only have time to grief properly at night before i go to sleep...

What makes my day and give me moment of bliss, peace and love is seeing my baby girl...and I really hope that I can at least get a good confinement lady. The one we originally book fly us kite at the last moment....

Last min very difficult to get 1. U might wanna try the confinement lady i enage last year. Have to go back n search for her contact. Duno she is take up or not, u might wish to try

Turbocharged

Dear all,

I disappear for awhile...hehe...my daughter is 2 weeks now old...she's beautiful and adorable and healthy and cheerful and the list go on and on...

However my confinement lady is a nightmare.... Anyone has good confinement lady (preferably you use before) to recommend? And yeah I already tried and called many confinement lady from motherhood forum and the likes.

Many thanks!

hey, u've been gone for some time. wish I could help but i m all thumbs with babies....congrats on ur baby.

Dear all,

Many thanks!

Congrats to your new baby.

What is wrong with your confinement lady? You better list out your requirement before anyone can recommend. Sikali, turn out to the the same type [laugh]

can't trust your mum & mum in-law baby handling skill ??? they raise both of you and you sibling rite? I think sometime we want to be perfect or in control and refuse to let other to help, just some observation, no offence.

since you mentioned she has post natal depression, she wouldn't trust anyone. you should let more family members to help and give support. if you do not have a maid, second either from you mum or in-law to help the daily chao.

Sorry to hear about your sis.

Why not give the CL a piece of your mind?

Do list out your requirement on wat you are looking for.

My mum did have some babysitting experience before, but I'm not sure what you are actually looking for though.

i dont have a solution to your confinement lady problem because like what others had mentioned, popular and responsible confinement ladies are all booked way in advance. the best way is to get your mother in law to come in and offer some help because your wife is having depression. getting her own mother to help may alleviate the depression problem.

my experience: i had a good confinement lady but given a choice, i wont engage any because with a confinement lady, most mothers do not practise breastfeeding.

hope u resolve the depression issue first because if not treated, it may get into something more serious

Sorry to hijack this thread. I am planning to have a baby. What's the purpose of a confinement lady? Can't find it on Wikipedia. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement