Moving to a new flat

DavidLee

Neutral Newbie

anybody bros here have anything special like prayers by monk or priest before moving in to have good luck

advice needed

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

bros appreciate your thoughts and input

thanks in advance

moving to new flat in woodlands next month

Neutral Newbie

the last time one of my relative move house i saw them throw one pineapple in, damn interesting the scene..i think for 'wang' or sometihng.

Another thing is that they go to all the corners and put salt.

also not sure wat was that for.. now that you mention i think i going to check it out wit them:D

anybody bros here have anything special like prayers by monk or priest before moving in to have good luck

advice needed

thanks

This is what I do.....when you got your keys, buy a big nice pineapple, bring some rice and put in plastic bag (about half kg less)... On the day when you go to the new house... at the door, open up, roll the pineapple in(do not go in first) mumble All the GOOD things as you roll,...don't know, ask the elderly lah. Then as you walk in...along the wall sprinkle the rice and mumble the good things thru the whole hse. After that left the balance half bag rice....hang it at the window in the kitchen.....

"Ho Say Liao--- Huat Ah" ....someone taught me

Simplified half-baked version:

1. Knock on your main door....

2. Say your rank, name and nric no. and announce that you are the new owner of the house

3. Then open the door slightly ajar..... and throw a pair of scissors (or a sharp object) inside. Rem don't throw too far coz u need to retrieve it later.

4. Close door and wait a few mins. Then knock and say you are coming in now.....

5. Open the door but make sure u don't face the entrance "face-on". Either turn your body to the side or to the back. Keep the door open for a while to "give chance" for former "residents" to vacate.

6. Then retrieve the scissors but don't step into the house yet (that's why better don't throw the scissors too far).

7. Roll a pineapple into the house.

8. Notice where the pineapple stops.... This will be your "Fortune Position". So in future, you can put all your "lucky emblems" at this spot.

9. After that you can go in and scatter rice and salt in every corner (including the rooms).

10. Some people will bring oil, charcoal, pot, pan and every boil water afterwards.

Hope u have fun!!!

the last time one of my relative move house i saw them throw one pineapple in, damn interesting the scene..i think for 'wang' or sometihng.

Another thing is that they go to all the corners and put salt.

also not sure wat was that for.. now that you mention i think i going to check it out wit them:D

the pineapple is for wealth and luck to bless the new home...aka 黄梨in hokkien = 旺来

Salt is for chasing away the bad qi and any lingering spirits still in the house, normally for resale flats. [:)]

TS you can hang a veggie with angbao (like those for lion dance) on top of the main door for 7 days for blessings.

Is good to have a housewarming session to 旺the home as well as the owners and family members and to bring in some 人气. [grouphug]

You can engage the priests/monks from temples that you frequent or those that are near to your house. TS place is in Woodlands. I think there's a 财神庙 in Sembawang. Huat ar! [laugh] just give them an angbao as a token of appreciation. If you can splurge a little get those professional Feng Shui guys to take a look but their prices are not that cheap. Your preference though. [:)]

Supercharged

there are some commonly known rituals for moving in known as 入伙.

but nothing beats a good date selected for it. every thing will be 顺顺 thanks to the date selection.

(edited)

I did the Pineapple, rice, salt thing for my new house before too.

My mom and In-laws say must DO IT.......so we went through it lor even though we dont really believe in it.

Even now, i got a hu-lu hang at one of the kitchen cabinet handle. Good for something which i have forgotton liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie

I did the Pineapple, rice, salt thing for my new house before too.

My mom and In-laws say must DO IT.......so we went through it lor even though we dont really believe in it.

Even now, i got a hu-lu hang at one of the kitchen cabinet handle. Good for something which i have forgotton liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

the hu-lu is to so-call block the bad luck to hit on you and your family.. thats what the feng shui master told me and i move house last yr.. my father invited a feng shui master to do the necessary stuff.. like inviting the god to our house, check the fengshui of the house etc..

and until the last part, the feng shui master ask my father roll the pineapple into the house and all of us must shout together, HUAT AH!!! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

to all the kind bros who have given advice

my heart felt thanks for taking the trouble to post

many many thanks

to all the kind bros who have given advice

my heart felt thanks for taking the trouble to post

many many thanks

No problem...so many ideas mix and match..."Pow Huat" :D

No. 8 - If pineapple roll to toilet how huh? [dizzy]

If from your front door u can roll the pineapple to your toilet, then I say you better buy 4D your block number, your unit number, your NRIC number, your DOB, hp number, car license plate etc..... coz all sure come out as you are damm heng!

[:p]

↡ Advertisement