Civil Service Pay Grade

Ahtong

Does anyone know what the civil service pay grade is like? Is it possible to match each pay grade to an SAF rank and private sector equivalent? For example,

Grade ??? ($?????) ----> SAF Maj ----> Middle Management

I am only asking out of kaypoh ^_^

↡ Advertisement

MAJ should be equivalent to around timescale grade 11 in the civil service. pay among MAJs differ greatly and it's hard to give an average. in any case, grade 11 is a very wide range so it can't be taken as too high or too low.

(edited)

i thought i saw that too.. Civil service GAY PARADE

Edited by RadX

How many pay grades are there? What about a Sec Sch Principal?

there are some principal that are superscale... it all depends...

For an experienced principal on the Senior Education Officer (SEO) Superscale "H", the annual pay package will increase from $168,000 to $193,000 for a good performer and from $185,000 to $218,000 for an outstanding performer.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/Offic...0103-43468.html

How many pay grades are there? What about a Sec Sch Principal?

Very difficult to do a scale to match due to performance, position, academic qualification (plus any other supportive qualification), years of service and level of responsibilities each person hold.

SAF Majors also have their differences in type of Vocations you are in, Vocation Pay, Vocation Grades (Gr 1 - 5), academic level (Local Scholars, Oversea Scholars, President's Scholars, PSD Scholars, SAF Scholars and those promoted thru rank & file)...... [sweatdrop]

It's this mid-level managers that one has to show how much you are worth in order to get that kind of pay ........ :ph34r:

Does anyone know what the civil service pay grade is like? Is it possible to match each pay grade to an SAF rank and private sector equivalent? For example,

I am only asking out of kaypoh ^_^

You can't just look at the rank/designation or whether the person is a scholar or not.

One big noticeable difference is between those who are still in the normal graduate route (be it scholars or non-scholars) and those who have been absorbed into the administrative service. The pay structure is vastly different.

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone know what the civil service pay grade is like?

Too high. (for the higher-ups)

Too low. (for the grunts)

[laugh]

Is it possible to match each pay grade to an SAF rank and private sector equivalent? For example,

Yes.. here's the list..

Minister = Average income of top bankers, lawyers, doctors, CEOs etc... (only difference is Minister can say "let's move on" and still maintain their pay/job)

Superscale = Regional Snr Execs in big MNCs

The Rest (no one knows or cares about you, including the govt... lol)

Turbocharged

there are some principal that are superscale... it all depends...

For an experienced principal on the Senior Education Officer (SEO) Superscale "H", the annual pay package will increase from $168,000 to $193,000 for a good performer and from $185,000 to $218,000 for an outstanding performer.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/Offic...0103-43468.html

Wow! So much?? Even if I'm an "average" school principal already "jiak buay liao" ("eat cannot finish") the amount of pay.

No wonder school principals like to cover up and hush-hush bad news in their schools... Just keep quiet, go with the flow, cruise along, no one rocks the boat, and can get away with the 6-digit pay for not doing very much!

Wow! So much?? Even if I'm an "average" school principal already "jiak buay liao" ("eat cannot finish") the amount of pay.

No wonder school principals like to cover up and hush-hush bad news in their schools... Just keep quiet, go with the flow, cruise along, no one rocks the boat, and can get away with the 6-digit pay for not doing very much!

have you been a principal or been in the education sector for that matter? well, perhaps it's a good thing that you aren't. [rolleyes]

Supersonic

i thought i saw that too.. Civil service GAY PARADE

eh, dun say so loud lei. sekali porker immediately tender resignation today to join gahmen. [:p][:p]

eh, dun say so loud lei. sekali porker immediately tender resignation today to join gahmen. [:p][:p]

[laugh][laugh] yah hor....

HOD or Head of Department already drawing S$120k per year...

HOD or Head of Department already drawing S$120k per year...

Sure or not? HOD in school earn so much???? :excl: HOD in company also dun earn so much.

↡ Advertisement