What drivers irritate you? (other than roadhog/tailgate)

Wind30

Turbocharged

I always meet drivers on the road who usually drive like 2 cars length behind but at the moment they see you signal to cut lane, they will speed up to cut you off....

So much so that it makes me don't want to signal, which is dangerous. What I do now is signal and then 1-2 sec later cut before the other driver can react.

Any such drivers around? why do people do such things?

Another kind of driver I REALLY hate is those illegal stopping cars which causes jams. They think by just turning on hazard lights they can park anywhere....

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I hate those drive with VERY safety distance, and keep braking dunno for what f**k, even the car in front of him is 50m away.

Edited by Virus

Supercharged

I hate woman drivers. They shouldn't be on the roads. All those things that irritate me normally comes from woman drivers....for example...can't decide where they wanna go, always keep braking, hog, switch lane never inidcate, switch lane never check side mirrors, etc...

Whenever someone irritate me on the road, I will always guess it's a woman driver which I would later confirm. Always 80% right.

I hate drivers who can't keep in lane. Especially taxis and motorbikes ( especially MY bikers )

And worst still, cutting lane in bends.

Encounter a kuku driver last week.

After JB custom coming back to SG at woodland, is all the bends.

That kuku driver always take inner to outer some more at slow speed of 30km/h.

Blocking those who wanna overtake him.

I always meet drivers on the road who usually drive like 2 cars length behind but at the moment they see you signal to cut lane, they will speed up to cut you off....

This is quite a common occurence in Singapore. I suspect it is caused by the high pressure environment. It makes people go [hur]

This is quite a common occurence in Singapore. I suspect it is caused by the high pressure environment. It makes people go [hur]

that's why i only signal after i check clear and when i start to cut in, and not before i check clear.. [laugh]

Those are racing lines !!

These drivers are concern about 3 person when they are on the road....they are....I, Me and Myself.

Neutral Newbie

So much so that it makes me don't want to signal, which is dangerous. What I do now is signal and then 1-2 sec later cut before the other driver can react.

Any such drivers around? why do people do such things?

Another kind of driver I REALLY hate is those illegal stopping cars which causes jams. They think by just turning on hazard lights they can park anywhere....

I don't like old male drivers... they don't really focus in driving... ...

I hate drivers who can't keep in lane. Especially taxis and motorbikes ( especially MY bikers )

And worst still, cutting lane in bends.

Encounter a kuku driver last week.

i take those racing lines as well, but definitely not at 30 la.. so slow..

(edited)

I hate those drivers:

Straight Roads:

Can't keep in lanes.

Road Hog.

Commerical Vehicle in Right/Centre Lane.

Those not knowing Speed Cameras in KPE and slowed to 60km/hr in lane 1!

Slow to pick up when it is one of the first vehicle at traffic light. Delayed the time of so many others!

Driving in bus lanes during restricted time and not giving way to you when you flither after bus lanes.

Those in yellowbox and give a fxk look to you.

Slow down to look for location or even stop in the middle of the road.

Brake Brake here, Brake Brake there (some even in lane 1).

Can't maintain speed at slight bends and slowed 20km/hr in lane 1 during bends at expressways.

Left turns:

Don't signal when taking a tight left turn.

Taking own sweet time to turn.

1/2~3/4 car turn into lane (for example gas station) then stop and then look for something like the empty lot. Driver should keep a look out in during/before turning.

Right Turns:

Don't signal when turning right at go straight & turn right lane.

(a) Turn into wrong lane.

For example: 2 lanes turning right and 3 lanes at exit (lane 1 is the right/lane 2 is the left). Many don't know most lane 1 can only turn into lane 1 and lane 2 can choice lane 2 & 3.

(b) Turn into wrong lane.

LTA have some expections and draw dotted lanes for some right turns like from Dunearn turn into Adam (just before serene centre) and AYE exit to Portsdown Ave.

U-Turns:

(a) Lots of cars can clear U-Turn with 2 lanes & small kerb in centre and all class 3 cars can U-Turn with small kerb and 3 lanes. Some idiots would position thier cars in 2 lanes before U-turning into a with 3/4 lanes. Some "eat" left then turn right in such junctions.

(b) Drivers Full Lock during U-Turn and "found out" they are in lane 2 and then fliter into lane 3.

Parking

Those waiting in the centre of lane when waiting for a lot.

Snatchers and some drivers snatch the carpark lot from you when they are parking against the flow of traffic and thinks they are not wrong parking against flow of traffic (incur a fine of $50 even with valid time).

Those waiting for someone in lots when others need to park (but as nature of carpark at times like at People Park, no choice for them too).

Illegal parking especially with double ziz yellow.

Looks like I have alot of complaints and often being piss off. But I am quite ok as most of the time, I would just haiz to the other driver and forget about it.....

If that always wanna be angry, I would have died of heart attack already as my annual mileage @ 41,000km per year and I am accident free since 280,000km.

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

I hate inconsiderate drivers (the list is very broad)...hahah

Besides road hoggers, those who like to jump queue at turnings also gets my beef...

Some idiots are so inconsiderate that they block off another lane while trying to jump queue!!

One good example is Holland Road in the morning - 4 lanes (2 going straight and 2 turning right) will become only 1 lane going straight due to queue jumpers...

Turbocharged
(edited)

I hate inconsiderate drivers (the list is very broad)...hahah

Besides road hoggers, those who like to jump queue at turnings also gets my beef...

Some idiots are so inconsiderate that they block off another lane while trying to jump queue!!

One good example is Holland Road in the morning - 4 lanes (2 going straight and 2 turning right) will become only 1 lane going straight due to queue jumpers...

YUP. that is my major peeve. I always horn at this kind of jump queue road blocker.... some people very stupid just wait quietly behind.

If you want to cut queue, make sure you have the skill or take the risk of missing your turn. Some idiots just sit and block the middle lane. Just horn the hell out of that guy until he moves off.

I personally cut queue because it really takes tooooo long to wait in the queue when people are jumping queue all the time. But if I cannot cut I just go and make a u turn.

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

i hate most of those listed above, just to add one more--> those who take donkey years to change lane, i really dont understand why one would need more than 10 seconds (or even 5 is consider "slow") to change lane (total clear traffic infront, for a speed like ~80km/h, from lane 1 to lane2)....

↡ Advertisement