2012 Ford Focus Wagon

MadDog70

Saw my colleague's new Ford Focus Wagon today... collected last week just before CNY. I was told that Regent Motor arranged for a mass collection where around 30+ owners got their new Focus on the same day...

Not sure if this considered the official launch of the new Focus as I don't see any adverts in either press or tv for the new Focus leh... neither could I find it on their website.

Any bro here among the new owners or test drive the new Focus [drivingcar] ? Any comments?

• Praise 1

Btw, I kaypo(no intention to buy as my current ride still less than 3 yrs old & current COE too high liao [shakehead] ) & sms my SA fr Regent to send me the pricing & spec of the new Focus.

The prices(before discount) of the new Ford Focus as follows:

Focus 4/5 Dr Trend $106,888

Focus Wagon Trend $109,888

Focus 4/5 Dr Titanium $113,888

Focus Wagon Titanium $116,888

$6888 discount will be given to all the above new models. So effectively, the lowest end model will be $100k.

Key facts from the spec:

- 1.6A, 4 cyc, DOHC 16 valves, Twin-independent Variable Cam Timing (Ti-VCT)

- 125 horsepower

- 6 speeds auto gearbox

- 16" alloy for Trend & 17" for Titanium

- 0-100kph @ 10.9 sec (for hatch/sedan)

From spec, it looks that the new Focus is given a more powerful engine than the outgoing model with faster pickup... not sure will that translate to real life performance though as typically Ford cars pickup is not it's forte... The 6-speeds gearbox is at least comparable with the others at it's category.

The look will take some used to though... not many conventional drivers(esp those used to the Toyota & Nissan; no offense) can accept [laugh]

So will the new Focus pose some challenge to the Jetta?

Probably not as the Ford branding is not as strong as the VW esp here in SG. Well, one advantage though... since the car is not as popular, getting a servicing date will definitely be much easier [cool]

I've no pblm booking one when servicing my Fiesta!

Huh? Still have to make appointment with the service centre??

At least it's faster than VAG though.

Anyways, the Ford Focus official launch is mid-Feb to early-March period.

Hopefully, they'll launch the Focus ST as well -> 2.0EcoBoost 240bhp version =)

• Praise 1

I bought the new 2012 focus in Oct, it was a "secret" launch, only for ford owners. and yes, it there was a mass collection last friday. Unfortunately, my focus has not arrived yet. will only be ready end of Feb.

test drove it in dec. Personally, the ride is smoother and quieter. engine more powerful. But handling not as sweet as the previous or Mk I, due to new electric steering replacing the hydralic.

There is a new torque vectoring system, which should make cornering more fun. Also lots of gadgets and buttons and comes with a lot of goodies compared to the Jap or other contis for the same price.

My focus Mk I was a sweet and fun car to drive. I hope that this new verson has the same fun, while more fuel economical.

• Praise 1

usually appointment with service center is about a week. that will ensure that you can collect the car usually around lunch time if you leave it in the early morning.

However, most of the time if have urgent servicing need to be done, they will entertain you. Just that you need to collect it later in the day.

I agree that the looks takes a bit of getting used to.

To me it looks kind of fierce, like a muscle car. But looking at it in real life as opposed to the pictures, the looks grew on me.

WoW!! Nice leh, the new ford focus seems to tick all the right boxes with this latest model. Great styling (especially the wagon being my all time favourite!!) with finally up to date (performance) to match!! Worth taking a look!

• Praise 1

Interior on the higher end models are also very nice. It was on my shopping list when I looked out for my current car a while ago.

• Praise 1

I notice the gap between tires and fender is pretty close up, in the picture. Is it really like that in real car ? I love cars with reasonably low suspension for lower centre of gravity

• Praise 1

I bought the new 2012 focus in Oct, it was a "secret" launch, only for ford owners. and yes, it there was a mass collection last friday. Unfortunately, my focus has not arrived yet. will only be ready end of Feb.

test drove it in dec. Personally, the ride is smoother and quieter. engine more powerful. But handling not as sweet as the previous or Mk I, due to new electric steering replacing the hydralic.

There is a new torque vectoring system, which should make cornering more fun. Also lots of gadgets and buttons and comes with a lot of goodies compared to the Jap or other contis for the same price.

My focus Mk I was a sweet and fun car to drive. I hope that this new verson has the same fun, while more fuel economical.

How come yours need another mth more? Special customisation or your colour not available yet?

i've owned the 1st gen Focus & the handling was great... though I must said that the hydraulic steering could be a tad heavy for the ladies drivers... My current Fiesta is also having the electric steering setup & though may loose abit of fun but it did make u-turns or parking lots more effortless as the steering lightens at low speed.

From the spec, the fuel consumption figures did looks very impressive... hopefully couple with the 6-speeds gearbox, it will comes close in real life. To be honest, my Fiesta's FC isn't what really indicated as in the spec leh... that apart, I enjoyed every bit of the drive.

my chosen colour not on the first shipment :(

with the dual clutch and electric steering FC should be much better than my Mk I.

how much better ? will feedback here when I get my car :)

Anyone knows if Regent will bring in the 1.0 Ecoboost for the focus any time soon?? Looks extremely promising..

Ecoboost in UK, europe only available for manual transmission.

predicted to be couple with auto at the end of the year, then maybe regent might bring in.

if there is demand for ecoboost + manual, then regent might bring in, so please feedback to regent if you are interested

Ecoboost in UK, europe only available for manual transmission.

predicted to be couple with auto at the end of the year, then maybe regent might bring in.

if there is demand for ecoboost + manual, then regent might bring in, so please feedback to regent if you are interested

Oic, Yup, maybe can indent if they dont intend to bring in..

↡ Advertisement