Shortest duration in which you bought & sold the same car.

Extramint

Just curious, what is the shortest duration ever for yourself, in which you have bought a car and sold the same car?

and why? (if its really short).

Mine, shortest ever was 13months.. 1 year just to roughen the edges because just passed last time lol [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Mine was about 5 months because saw the same car with loads of goodies and selling much cheaper than what I can sell for my stock car. In the end I bought that one and sell mine and still earn money + all the goodies [;)]

(edited)

near 12 months cos lookin to downgrade for cheaper maintenance & better fc; luckily depreciated 3k per yr (usual 6.5k per yr) for 1.8l. now dep 5.6k per yr + lower & shorter by 1 yr monthly instal.

Edited by Fuelsaver

Hi

Paid deposit $500 but never collect car counts??????????????

then your deposit go in the air or u have all of them?

2 hours.

Bought from a car dealer, sold to another car dealer.

Profit made, $2k.

how long ago was that possible? must have been a really good deal.

Supersonic

2 hours.

Profit made, $2k.

Sounds interesting. Give details?

11 mths...first car..

during ownership kao peh kao bu want better car but on the day of handover, almost cried.. [bigcry]

lol.. first "love" is like that one [laugh]

2 hours.

Profit made, $2k.

u power!!

Dun mind share with us details and how u do it??

2 hours.

Profit made, $2k.

the car dealer that bought your car, is the company still around?

(edited)

Can't remember exactly how short it was but it was really short! Not like another bro who bought and sold a car within 2 hours for profit. This was real ownership! Think it was 4 - 5 months max before I sold it off in exchange for another one. Why? "cos it was AUTO!!! I simply cannot stand driving auto cars!

Bought it because I thought to change my driving habits by driving AT for awhile. Didn't work out as planned! Had a minor crash in it 'cos the damn gears didn't shift down fast enough when entering a corner at speed! In an AT, you don't control the car, it controls YOU!

Didn't bother to get it repaired, just scraped it and bought my current manual ride!! Never looked back since....

(edit: phrasing)

Edited by Hermitage

2 hours.

Profit made, $2k.

I was a jr car dealer then :D .

When you know cars enough, by looking at the year, you will know the est OMV and after deduct the selling price, you will know the depreciation.

And in '01, I dont think that there is forums and sgcarmart so I were to wake up early and read the newspapers for the cheap cars to buy.

There was an ad for Suki Wagon R+ and depreciations are cheaper then the mktg so I phone my boss up (7.45am), tell him abt the ad but there was no tel only address of the said vehicle. With his years of experience, he had know the owner of the other car dealer and just a phone call, he bought the car.

My boss reach office at 9.30am and told me he bought the car and when in transit from office to the other dealer office, he received a call from another dealer asking him to sell to him the car. And they both close the deal for a profit of 2k over the phone.

This is a story of early bird catches the worm :D . Slightly off topic, have you ever consider the faith of the early worm [:p][:p][:p] ???

Second fastest deal: In '01, my personal purchase after leaving the car trade, I ever did own a Honda City for 2 months and sold the car at cost (even after an accident and penalty from the bank due to loan) [:p] .

I was a jr car dealer then :D .

When you know cars enough, by looking at the year, you will know the est OMV and after deduct the selling price, you will know the depreciation.

And in '01, I dont think that there is forums and sgcarmart so I were to wake up early and read the newspapers for the cheap cars to buy.

There was an ad for Suki Wagon R+ and depreciations are cheaper then the mktg so I phone my boss up (7.45am), tell him abt the ad but there was no tel only address of the said vehicle. With his years of experience, he had know the owner of the other car dealer and just a phone call, he bought the car.

My boss reach office at 9.30am and told me he bought the car and when in transit from office to the other dealer office, he received a call from another dealer asking him to sell to him the car. And they both close the deal for a profit of 2k over the phone.

This is a story of early bird catches the worm :D . Slightly off topic, have you ever consider the faith of the early worm [:p][:p][:p] ???

Second fastest deal: In '01, my personal purchase after leaving the car trade, I ever did own a Honda City for 2 months and sold the car at cost (even after an accident and penalty from the bank due to loan) [:p] .

as we know from economics, one of the market failures is inadequate information. with sgcarmart around to "perfect" (or spoil) the market, i think these times are gone forever...