Kia Picanto Reliability

Nicholassoong

Neutral Newbie

my mileage about 45k... supposed to do servicing at about 49km... dont know can tong until then not? lol

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

my mileage about 45k... supposed to do servicing at about 49km... dont know can tong until then not? lol

No worries,can wait for your servicing then do together...it should NOT be that bad until the wheel come out..[well i did not see your car condition,i 'assume' is just tear & wear of the suspension parts]

picanto last batch was 2010 ?

ur mileage only 45k?

either u drive very little or got con by tampered mileage.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

picanto last batch was 2010 ?

ur mileage only 45k?

either u drive very little or got con by tampered mileage.

I heard she bought 2nd hand,3 yrs 45,000km quite average for small cars....[my over 4 yrs car is below 22,000km].

Neutral Newbie

ok what 1 mth 1000+ km quite average.

ER-3682 thanks for ur advice!! lol I think not so jialat until wheel come out for now.. not very loud yet. but definitely during servicing will change it :)

I noticed the picanto in Korea looks very different from those in Singapore. They are actually much nicer and stylish imo. The car is not called picanto but called morning or something. Is very common in Korea. Everywhere you go will see this car. Just wondering how come Singapore doesn't import the nicer version of picanto..

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I noticed the picanto in Korea looks very different from those in Singapore. They are actually much nicer and stylish imo. The car is not called picanto but called morning or something. Is very common in Korea. Everywhere you go will see this car. Just wondering how come Singapore doesn't import the nicer version of picanto..

With the current COE price,no market for it.

• Praise 1

Everything good but juz lack of power...Top speed max 160 from sg to genting

Pica is not safe for that speed. 130 to 140 is much safer. However, if the driver is not familiar with the route, better keep between 110 to 120.

Hi all,

Brought my Picanto 1.1M second hand (4 years old - 2008 version) nearly 3 years ago.

So now is on its way to 7 years old.

Pretty good if you ask me.

The only major stuff I did until now is replacement of clutch plate.

I drove until one day my clutch suddenly like not biting my gear and therefore no power.

A bit scary as I am not able to floor my pedal fully as high RPM my biting point will lose....haha.

But still manage to drove to JB to change the whole set of clutch plate.....Heng sia.

As long you do your servicing regularly, it should run fine. Don forget the gear oil, spark plug etc...they say need to change every 30K but I think I only change after 1.5 years...haha.

But gear oil must change as mine is manual, very important.

Had drove up to Melaka, KL and Fraser Hill Resort etc. No problem at all.

North-South Highway average 130-150km/h. Don think u can overtake me if you run below 140....hahaa.

If you wan more stability, change your rims and tyres.

Mine is 14" Gold Sport Rims, tyre is 165/55 R14. All done is JB.

I don service or change parts in those Taman Sentosa area near custom, I did at Nusajaya.

It be good if someone can organize a convey road trip together.

Cheers!

• Praise 2

May I know the cost of owning a 8 year old kia picanto(M)? Any good 2nd hand dealer to recommend ??

Current market price for 8 year old pica should be below 30K.

I think you should search in SGcarmart web for the model you want and observe the average price.

Don trust any dealer. Just check out the car you like best in the search then go down to the shop to view and test drive it.

Bring a friend who own car to go with you and take a look.

Price of a car also depend on their mileage.

Last time got one Kia Picanto Club but I cannot seem to find it anymore.

The plp inside the club very friendly, you can go join their meet up and check out their cars and ask questions if u have any.

See and try out the car, hear too many plp talk no point.

Driving is practical, not theory lesson.

Thanks!! Do you have any idea how much does it cost for p-plate 18y/o insurance? I intend to pay in full and buy third party insurance

Actually what you can do is to go to those online insurance like direct asia, input your data the see what's their quote. The best is to call up any insurance agent and ask them to give you a quote for different companies. But as for your age, I'm not too sure there will be a lot of companies insuring 18yo.

But you're really young to be buying your first car. Just take care on the road.

• Praise 1

Thanks!! Do you have any idea how much does it cost for p-plate 18y/o insurance? I intend to pay in full and buy third party insurance

I agree with the bro above. Just check online insurance company web, they have some insurance premium calculation. Then give them a call and ask directly. Sometime there is some discount when asking them to quote you through phone.

You r so young. I got my car licence like 8 years ago like age 19 or 20. I been riding bike like almost 2 years, which proof that I have road experience. However when I got my first car at age 26, my insurance per annual is 2.2k or 2.4k. Then the second year is about 2k, 3rd is 1.8k plus.

Therefore, if you look at the statistic, yours will be around 3k or more. I think.

Of course, this is my assumption. Call and ask them and u will get your answer.

Do let me know your annual premium. I am also curious...haha.

Start early is paying more but is also good if you look at long term. Which mean by the time u age 30, your premium will be less than 1k if you never claim for any accident.

Drive safe bro.

↡ Advertisement