Titan501

Neutral Newbie

planing a f&e holiday to Perth with 5 friends

any bro/sis went b4? don mind share ur experience here ^_^

↡ Advertisement

planing a f&e holiday to Perth with 5 friends

any bro/sis went b4? don mind share ur experience here ^_^

i stayed there for almost 4 years.

since its a free and easy, maybe u can consider renting a car because taking a taxi everywhere is going to cost alot of $$$

1) visit fremantle, fisherman's wharf , the flower market etc

2) visit swan valley and have lunch @ any winery

3) eat @ ciao italia (italian restaurant) on the corner of douglas avenue & mill point road

4) walk along the perth foreshore (on the south perth side)

perth is pretty quiet in general and most shopping centers/shops close by 5pm. Thursday is late night shopping day where the shops will open to 8pm (i think)

last but not least, hve fun !

since its a free and easy, maybe u can consider renting a car because taking a taxi everywhere is going to cost alot of $$$

3) eat @ ciao italia (italian restaurant) on the corner of douglas avenue & mill point road

perth is pretty quiet in general and most shopping centers/shops close by 5pm. Thursday is late night shopping day where the shops will open to 8pm (i think)

You forgot Northbridge, Subi and Burswood man.... [:)]

How many days you have there?

If around one week, you can try the southward route: Perth -> Margaret River -> Albany -> Perth.

If 2 weeks, you can venture northwards.

I suggest this route.

1. Land in Perth. F&E but no need to rush out to see everything. Go Kings Park is the best.

2. Next day, drive to Wave Rock. Stay o/n and see stars in the sky. Confirm very clear. Bring your best camera.

3. Drive to Pinnacles. Stay the night.

4. Come back down to Perth. Stay in Fremantle.

5. Drive down to the coastal route. Pick you place to stay. Rockingham, Mandurah, Bunbury.

6. Then to Margaret River. Go to visit the lighthouses. I suggest the one at Cape Leuwen. Visit caves and Tingle Forest.

7. Hit Albany. Look around. See whaling station or Mt Clarence to see the sadness of war.

8. Drive back up to Perth to fly back.

OR

Go to Albany after Wave Rock, then make your way up forgetting the Pinnacles. BTW, there might be angmoh chicks who want to sandboard topless or nude.

(edited)

I am also thinking of going back after left the place since 1992, anything has changed? i am going with one big group of old folk and kids (family & relative), beside the usual places that I have been to while i was studying there, any new interesting place outside Perth?

Edited by Jman888

Always tempted to go back whenever I see a new thread /post of Perth... Missed that place although I've been there 3 times!!

I need a holiday!!!

Neutral Newbie

There's a recently opened attraction north of joondalup.. It's called the maze... It's great for kids.. It has 6 different mazes(if I'm not mistakened) that you can try.. There's also a koala show as well.. Went there last December.. It wasn't fully open then...

Anyway, it's late night shopping on Thursday for shops in the suburbs, Friday for the city..

There's a recently opened attraction north of joondalup.. It's called the maze... It's great for kids.. It has 6 different mazes(if I'm not mistakened) that you can try.. There's also a koala show as well.. Went there last December.. It wasn't fully open then...

Anyway, it's late night shopping on Thursday for shops in the suburbs, Friday for the city..

great! that will take up a half a day.

is monkey mia still worth visiting?

Neutral Newbie

thx for ur info ^_^

for fremantle, is it better go on weekend?

Neutral Newbie

I suggest this route.

1. Land in Perth. F&E but no need to rush out to see everything. Go Kings Park is the best.

2. Next day, drive to Wave Rock. Stay o/n and see stars in the sky. Confirm very clear. Bring your best camera.

3. Drive to Pinnacles. Stay the night.

4. Come back down to Perth. Stay in Fremantle.

5. Drive down to the coastal route. Pick you place to stay. Rockingham, Mandurah, Bunbury.

6. Then to Margaret River. Go to visit the lighthouses. I suggest the one at Cape Leuwen. Visit caves and Tingle Forest.

7. Hit Albany. Look around. See whaling station or Mt Clarence to see the sadness of war.

8. Drive back up to Perth to fly back.

OR

Go to Albany after Wave Rock, then make your way up forgetting the Pinnacles. BTW, there might be angmoh chicks who want to sandboard topless or nude.

we only stay for 5 days,so our time abit rush

for the no.1 to no.8,is it i need 8 day to complete the route?

Neutral Newbie

ya, we oso planing to shop on thurday but for city b4 leave to airport at nite

Hmm... 5 days? Then I suggest that you stay at Perth. Rent cars to make day trips. Easier to plan.

You can try renting City Waters Perth. Decent accomodation with Kitchen! Best of all, free parking.

For car rental, try M2000. I always use this cheap and good rental.

Needs 9 to 10 days for best results.

If 5 days. Suggest you skip Perth and Fremantle and go straight down south to Albany for the first day and then work your way up back to Perth.

thx for ur info ^_^

for fremantle, is it better go on weekend?

Yes. Some of the stalls in Frementle only opens on weekends.

5 Day trip will be kinda pack. Can make a day trip to Swan river or Magaret river wine region. Mandurah is also another laid back place for RnR.

Not much of shopping available in Perth if u ask me...

went there twice and both times about 10 days... drove down to Margaret river for the vineyards and food... alot of boutique vineyards around and food is fantastic...

if the trip is too short you feel like you have to rush everywhere... my second trip there the planning is better so not so rush

↡ Advertisement