Minimum pay to evade ICT

Ahtong

How long must I be posted overseas? I think the minimum is definately more than $10K

Damn sian now. Real life opportunities (especially if you are running your own biz) don't come everyday. However, some powers that be think that NS obligations overrides my personal well being. Best part is those useless regulars who trumpet the importance of NS wouldn't last a week in the real world. I agree that protecting the country is important but nowadays I don't even know what "country" I am protecting anymore. Why must I be "Robert" while outsiders come in and snatch up all the goodies?

I think most of you guys can emphatize with how I'm feeling. Poke their mama smelly cheesepie if you know what I mean ..... :angry:

You are running cookies business?? hahaha..just joking..

↡ Advertisement

I think most of you guys can emphatize with how I'm feeling. Poke their mama smelly cheesepie if you know what I mean ..... :angry:

I don't. Just do your time and quit complaining.

Looks like the SAF got alot of $$$ to burn nowadays. My friend, a junior partner at a public accounting firm is earning >300k p.a. but still goes back for reservist every year. He's a corporal.

I know someone who is in senior management. The SAF utilize his talents to operate a photocopier during ICT.

Like tat very good liao la.... they utilized my friend who is also in senior mgmt to operate a stapler only. Photocopier operated by the NSF. LOL.

Depending if you are holding a key position.

A friend who makes 30k a month also kenna called up.

but 3SG easily replaceable mah

hmm after reading all the reply, i think need to earn at least 6 digit per mth den can siam ict, one mth 100k i think enuf to put them off. If 100k also wanna call back den i think SAF really got too much money to burn.

Now alot change liao.

Still have to go back regardless of the amount you earn......... cos the pay is from all our income taxes........... haiz

hmm after reading all the reply, i think need to earn at least 6 digit per mth den can siam ict, one mth 100k i think enuf to put them off. If 100k also wanna call back den i think SAF really got too much money to burn.

Bro...S$100k per mth also no use lah....have a friend used to be top lawyer here...pay per mth is S$600k ! SAF still ask him back at least twice a year...coz he's holding key position [hur]

Turbocharged

at first i thot 10k... busted.

then 30k... busted also.

so i guess its just rumours and luck of the draw.

Twincharged

my friend told me this ...dunno rumour or what lah ....

Hong Leong Finance's prince who's "pay" is calculated by the minute, still had to go back for ICT.

but my unit is the most relax one .... except got to do 12 hours shift .... most of the time, the NSmen wud be taking cover somewhere reading magazines or newspapers or sleeping .... but alas still got to go back and there is also one LCP(NS) who drives a different car to camp almost every other day.

I have heard rumours that SAF will not send SAF100 to people earning above a certain amount. Does anyone know what is the minimum amount for SAF to consider someone too expensive?

As you said, it is a rumour. I heard it before, but after thinking about it, I believe it is not true.

Example, you earn $500,000 per mth. Annual of $6m

Income tax or 20% on $6m = $1.2m

1 day pay = $500,000/22 = $22,727.27

Call up for 3 weeks = 15 working days.

15 days pay = 15 X $22,727.27 = $340,909.09

Govt still earn $1.2m - $340,909.09 = $859,090.91

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

yep... i believe its just a SAF myth...

no matter how much one earns (unless posted overseas), one will have chances of being recalled for ICTs

those super high earners are small minority while average earners are the majority... so net net, the average salary of a company for a ICT will remain affordable to SAF [sly][sly][sly]

Neutral Newbie

For non boss jobs (employees), I think SAF only pays the monthly salary. I dont think employer can claim variable portion (bonus, profit sharing, etc) and this part usually formed considerable portion of high salaried jobs (usually more than 50%). Although one may have an annual income of S$300k, his salary per month can still be around $10k. So SAF can still afford. For those that are bosses, SAF should be paying according to the annual income during the tax filing. I may be wrong. My 2 cents.

I am just a small fry in ICT. My position is easily replacable by a cheaper (and fitter) fresh grad. [:(]

Just go ICT. Treat as a well earned break. Of course, unless your work need you full time (incl no leave), then ask your company to write to SAF

Just go ICT. Treat as a well earned break. Of course, unless your work need you full time (incl no leave), then ask your company to write to SAF

I'm looking forward to it. It is the only time where I am legitimately excuse from answering office related email and phone calls. :D:D

As you said, it is a rumour. I heard it before, but after thinking about it, I believe it is not true.

Example, you earn $500,000 per mth. Annual of $6m

Income tax or 20% on $6m = $1.2m

1 day pay = $500,000/22 = $22,727.27

Call up for 3 weeks = 15 working days.

15 days pay = 15 X $22,727.27 = $340,909.09

Govt still earn $1.2m - $340,909.09 = $859,090.91

[laugh]

erm very good assessment. Our Gov very money face so died died won't lost. [laugh] But really had a few reservist friend that r earn more then $20k a mth also kena but they are are LT or Capt all key appoint holder, once in high key a heli pilot working with Shell earning 30k a mth also gana.

Well...maybe unless you hold a significant post in a big company.

Heard from the older batch of ICT kakis in my unit.

There was 1 fellow who only join 2 ICT and then no more call up.

Heard that that fellow make it big, became a fund manager in a big financial company.

Coz as a fund manager, he may be holding a few hundred millions of client $$ and need to make proper investment. Therefore, due to the importance of his role, his company help to write in to defer about 2 - 3 times and from then on, no more call up.

I do not know how true is this.

But ICT is fun ma...just relax... provided if it is a slack unit and encik let them go home on time.

But if it is a siao on unit, then jialat liao...

Like my unit, a CSSB, only drivers, mechanics and medics, still need to go outfield every H K.

Somemore, the OC always screw up and in the end normally book out about 8pm.

Sianzzzzzzzzz

↡ Advertisement