Which used car will have the lowest depreciation

Siao35

Neutral Newbie

Hi can the expert pls enlighten me on whether which can of car i shld get? i need a used car ard 30-38k monthly installment ard 500 below which have good fc. I will be driving it for 3yr so can anyone pls advice me which kind of car shld i get with the min dep n i can break even ard 3yr. i have a few car in mind... 1)2007 VIOS manual new facelift type ard 37k, 2)2009 picanto ard 33k 3)2006 or 2007 lancer ard 33k. take it that i take a full loan on the remaining yr and that all the above 3 coe are ard 10k+.. so far the above car are the shortlisted type and i have no intention of getting a new car on 10yr loan or any other used car. i tink i have to get it before the next coe bid if not price will go up again.

Tks for all of your advice...

↡ Advertisement

Bro, it is unlikely to get a car with 100% loan amount, drive it for 3 years and break even.

If it happens, please teach me.

At most, you can do is to reduce the amount of loss.

A 2nd hand car is already one good choice whereby the 1st owner already absorbed most losses.

Buying car is like playing a seesaw.

For a decent car (excluding super cars, etc.),

-> you get a car with better resale value, you will need to pay higher.

-> you get a car with poor resale value, you pay lower.

Your choices are Vios, Picanto and Lancer.

Spacious: Lancer

Fuel Consumption: Picanto

Resale: Vios

Among all 3 cars, Vios will have better resale price. But it also means that the buying price will be slightly higher.

Ask yourself, which weigh the most? Spacious, fuel consumption or ?

For a budget car, I think either Lancer or Vios will be a wiser choice.

Nonetheless, April 2010 is near. Act fast. :)

Neutral Newbie

actually i wud prefer vios but same thing if getting the vio will be manual cause the auto type is all selling for 40k n above, but same thing i am only worry bout the resell cause i wud not wan to end up in a situation where i purchase a car like $30000 n end up no dealer tk or all tk 10 odd k or 20 odd k then became i drive 1 yr mayb lose 6-7 k then bo hua...picanto wud be prob free cause is cover by warranty but is like resell very very low type of car..hai buying car is a hassle

actually i wud prefer vios but same thing if getting the vio will be manual cause the auto type is all selling for 40k n above, but same thing i am only worry bout the resell cause i wud not wan to end up in a situation where i purchase a car like $30000 n end up no dealer tk or all tk 10 odd k or 20 odd k then became i drive 1 yr mayb lose 6-7 k then bo hua...picanto wud be prob free cause is cover by warranty but is like resell very very low type of car..hai buying car is a hassle

Bro, trust me.

You need to get prepared for losses.

Seriously, you better think hard before buying one if you cannot handle losses.

2007 Vios drive for another 3 years, will end up left with 3 years till end COE.

Ask yourself, how much you willing to pay for a Vios left with 3 years COE? Got me?

Moreover, you are getting a Manual Vios.

Today motors market, not many people like to buy Manual car.

So, I would suggest you to get Auto car if you want to minimize losses..

Think hard yay! :)

i am prepare for losses but i just want to see tis 3 car which will lose the min...

Then I think should be Vios -> Lancer -> Picanto.

But if you are still into Manual, then I think all the same.

Hard to come by with a Manual driver looking at cars.

The ratio is like 1:100., just a guessing number..

Bro, I know how you feel.

Sometimes think too much it's also quite frustrating hor.

If you don't mind me saying this.

-> Just buy and think less.

-> End of the day, you might become a happier person. :)

Be a man. Thunder and storm will handle later. =x

Neutral Newbie

ya man...mayb i worry too much..actually i prefer auto but nw my priority is gd fc n i need it to be within my budget so i just have to accept that is manual..

Neutral Newbie

I think best is you take a trip down to 2nd hand car shops to view them yourself.

Do a decent test drive.

Discuss with the sales and ask for discount. See what he/she can provide.

I reckon the price tag stated usually can be discuss further. :)

i am prepare for losses but i just want to see tis 3 car which will lose the min...

you are too mathematical in the way you think. buying a car is already a loss in the financial sense. since we do not know each other, let us know how much you earn and how much are your essential expanses.

there are experts out here who can do the sums for you if you can provide more info.

or buy a super rare car.... My friend bought his car for $9k.. drove it for 3 years and sold it for $16k... Cheers

Neutral Newbie

my financial is ok.. all the running cost etc i already have it calculated and that y i m only looking for a 30+ k car... well u cannot blame me for calculatingso detail cause my previous ride i drive for 1yr n lost near 8k excluding a major repair of 3.8k.. that y i am seeking advice to c whether which of the above is of safer buy.. vios which is older n more expensive but better resell or picanto which is newer cheaper but like harder to resell. that y i am trying to seek for more option

Neutral Newbie

Hi did anyone here buy from trade assist before? the sales person inform me they do not provide full loan on the used car n they charge a 700buck admin fee..is this admin fee normal?best of all no test drive of their vehicle, i understand they are just a agent but can't i meet the seller n test drive?

Neutral Newbie

do your tink tis 2 advertisment is the same? http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...592&DL=2050 and

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...897&DL=1152 look the same but price increase bout 2k if i did no rem wrongly. anyway can car dealer change car n sell? i just view the car and is leather seat not like the wan in the pic. the leather seat is very new when i view it wondering is it the dealer change it or wat..