Public parking in private estate grumbles!

Chrispie

maybe it's not exactly poor planning, it's poor enforcement because if the roads are not designed and built for heavy vehicle parking, for goodness sake put a sign saying so, so that owners of such big machines at least are told and given a chance to avoid parking there.

or maybe URA / LTA / HDB do feel that big heavy vehicles can park anywhere their owners like :D:D

recently (after 7th May) we saw a police sentry post suddenly appeared in front of one of the houses.... maybe a newly appointed big shot is staying there and things will change coz big trucks / vans can be a security threat.... just maybe.

watch this space, the identify of the owner of the house will be 'investigated' and revealed soon..... my wife said it could be a overseas diplomat staying in the house, but I doubt so coz the estate is too lowend for diplomats........

So did you find out who stays there? Is it Chan Chun Seng?

↡ Advertisement

Why write note? Did you pay for the land OUTSIDE your house as well? Did he block you from coming / going to your house?

Although the note may have been polite, and your actions gracious, I find the motivation behind it incredibly rude and assumptive.

and where do you stay?

Neutral Newbie

It's not a question of pay or not becos that then become a legal right.

Landed housing estates in singapore are generally quite old so the roads may not be as braod as we all hope for.

No he didnt totally block me but

having a car outside makes it more difficult for owners to drive their car in and out of the house.

which is one reason why we mostly park outside in front of the house.

So I did my best.

Every man for himself but I think I have maintained integrity and consideration for the other man.

darryn is just sore la........ he dont own one he wont feel it... wait until he owns a landed than see what happens

sometimes on fri weekend nite some hdb dweller will park on wrong side ,( we usually hv 1 side for parking , 1 side for 2way traffic) then create a situation to the entire lane , once i call lta to tow it away

and where do you stay?

Now I stay HDB. For 27 years before that I stay landed. What difference does it make? No matter where u stay u still don't own the road.

Now I stay HDB. For 27 years before that I stay landed. What difference does it make? No matter where u stay u still don't own the road.

yes it makes a difference, for 27yrs before that, you stayed landed, where?

did you own a car during those 27yrs or are you relating your kiddy years?

dont try to teach a born and bred Singaporean about living in Singapore.

it seems you cant accept that in life, it's cannot just about legal rights.

very ang moh in nature, that.

it seems you cant accept that in life, it's cannot just about legal rights.

very ang moh in nature, that.

I ain't catching no balls with what you're trying to say. Except that it's an attempt at an insult? I think you're trying to say that I'm jealous so I can't appreciate how clever you are?

yes it makes a difference, for 27yrs before that, you stayed landed, where?

did you own a car during those 27yrs or are you relating your kiddy years?

dont try to teach a born and bred Singaporean about living in Singapore.

Ages 0 to 27. Lived in at least 7 different houses after getting my license, had a car the whole time. Being Singaporean turns public property into private does it?

I ain't catching no balls with what you're trying to say. Except that it's an attempt at an insult? I think you're trying to say that I'm jealous so I can't appreciate how clever you are?

nothing of that sort. if i insult, i will insult , in your face.

by asking where you stay, i wanted to what your experiences are

i'm saying unless you experience it, you wont truly understand.

just use the following as an example :

someone urines near the door/gate of your HDB flat.

can you accept that? will you be on the lookout for the culprit ?

will you set things right ?

or will you say that you dont own that wall and so you wont do anything?

now answer my question, in those 27yrs on staying landed, whereabouts was the location and how old were you then? is the experience you hv similar to ours (folks here staying in landed in singapore)?

i'm waiting for your answer

Ages 0 to 27. Lived in at least 7 different houses after getting my license, had a car the whole time. Being Singaporean turns public property into private does it?

where? that is the question.

turning public into private is your way of twisting my words.

i said and i repeat, we need integrity more than plain legal rights for this topic

being singaporean just as being american or being chinese or japanese or indonesian does not turn public property to private property, it simply makes us understand that we need to do certain things in a certain way. thats all.

if you have so much as an ounce of understanding of the English language which you so very often try to prove you command, you would stop twisting my words.

ok, "brother"?

Edited by Throttle2

now answer my question, in those 27yrs on staying landed, whereabouts was the location and how old were you then? is the experience you hv similar to ours (folks here staying in landed in singapore)?

Your choice of comparison is telling in your query. Public urination, an anti social and illegal act being compared to legal and proper use of a public road. Yes I'm sure it is inconvenient to have a car parked directly outside and have to walk a bit further. Poor you. Such is life though. It doesn't give you the right to chase off people that are properly parked. Unless of corse your road tax dollars are heavier than theirs.

Your choice of comparison is telling in your query. Public urination, an anti social and illegal act being compared to legal and proper use of a public road. Yes I'm sure it is inconvenient to have a car parked directly outside and have to walk a bit further. Poor you. Such is life though. It doesn't give you the right to chase off people that are properly parked. Unless of corse your road tax dollars are heavier than theirs.

where? that is the question.

turning public into private is your way of twisting my words.

i said and i repeat, we need integrity more than plain legal rights for this topic

being singaporean just as being american or being chinese or japanese or indonesian does not turn public property to private property, it simply makes us understand that we need to do certain things in a certain way. thats all.

if you have so much as an ounce of understanding of the English language which you so very often try to prove you command, you would stop twisting my words.

ok, "brother"?

You are asking people not to park in front of house. Defending the practise of " choping" the road. What would you call excluding others from parking there if not claiming public as private? I am typing on iPhone. You really want me to provide descriptions of the house and parking situations from 20 years ago until today?

Because I have not lived your problems it makes it right to put notes on people's cars asking them

Not to park in a legitimate parking space?

ok lets not use public urination.

you neigbor plants his pots of green 2cm beside your gate.

you can still gain entry but it's a hassle.

will you not tell him nicely witha note perhaps, not to do so?

if you didnt read my post clearly enough, i can excuse you .

i didnt chase people off, becos i couldnt.

i wrote a polite note requesting him not to park there as it creates inconvenience for me as i live there.

i wont even go into my road tax dollars.

now dont beat around the bush, answer my question, where, which country, in those 27yrs?

Was NZ.

For the record, if somebody is blocking your gate, that's nasty and antisocial. What really depletes goodwill for your plight though is seeing this that put all sorts of crap all over the road to stop people from parking in "their" spot.

However, I would also say that if the person

Among your life difficult is legally parked, you should just suck it up. If they are illegally parked then they are an "ass". Pretty clear and straight forward right? Also, if given a choice, I always use the option that makes other people's lives easier.

You are asking people not to park in front of house. Defending the practise of " choping" the road. What would you call excluding others from parking there if not claiming public as private? I am typing on iPhone. You really want me to provide descriptions of the house and parking situations from 20 years ago until today?

Because I have not lived your problems it makes it right to put notes on people's cars asking them

Not to park in a legitimate parking space?

there you go again, talking about rights, rights rights.

i have no right to request by means of a polite note?

no right to request? are you so self righteous that you have to argue on

i leave it as that.

many a times, in life it's not about legal rights but just plain simple integrity and consideration.

thats all.

Was NZ.

For the record, if somebody is blocking your gate, that's nasty and antisocial. What really depletes goodwill for your plight though is seeing this that put all sorts of crap all over the road to stop people from parking in "their" spot.

However, I would also say that if the person

Among your life difficult is legally parked, you should just suck it up. If they are illegally parked then they are an "ass". Pretty clear and straight forward right? Also, if given a choice, I always use the option that makes other people's lives easier.

NZ, aaahhh, that explains. [rolleyes]

you dont even need a freaking fence in NZ.

↡ Advertisement