Public parking in private estate grumbles!

Chrispie

Usually companies allow employees the usage of company vehicles after working hours as a goodwill gesture or benefit in kind. Some even will co-pay for the season parking if the company already saved some money from having to pay season parking. 

So for the employee who are enjoying such benefit, it is only right they play their part in making sure the company vehicle is properly taken care of eg. Parked in proper designated lots,  paid due parking fees,  not to contravene with traffic laws. 

Parking the company vehicle (especially with company logo)  in a private estate to save on season parking while potentially incurring bad publicity and reputation for the company is never what the company will expect the employee to do. 

As what i can see now lesser ppl parking at that area .. not sure if she approached the rest of the drivers who parked ard those areas.. i'm complaining but think of it she stays few houses away ... my place do have parking lots for season but you have to go upper level as 4th to 5th stories and hdb will said there no much choices in your area.. i do gamble just bought it and park at 6th story instead and walk down the stairs .. btw i do own any vehicle its belong to company .. sadly buying seasons parking now getting higher and our pay getting lesser ..

↡ Advertisement

its only 1 hr per week. i still dont understand whats the problem.

last time i aslo from holy family. got parking lots outside the church at the small road there.

then got residents complain that road too narrow. now removed le. only double yellow line. no more parking.

It is important to consider the other party point of view. If you are the house owner and every weekends, you have problem going in and out of your house for an hour, how do you feel?

Always be considerate regardless of if you are the owner of the house of the motorist. Think of how you may cause inconvenience to other users. Ensure their way is not blocked. If you come out of the church and your car is being blocked for an hour and you cannot drive off, would you be happy? 

• Praise 1

As what i can see now lesser ppl parking at that area .. not sure if she approached the rest of the drivers who parked ard those areas.. i'm complaining but think of it she stays few houses away ... my place do have parking lots for season but you have to go upper level as 4th to 5th stories and hdb will said there no much choices in your area.. i do gamble just bought it and park at 6th story instead and walk down the stairs .. btw i do own any vehicle its belong to company .. sadly buying seasons parking now getting higher and our pay getting lesser ..

Agree with other bros comments here...just park your vehicle at the season parking area regularly lah...although its level 4 or 5...what to do.

Went to Geylang Market yesterday sunday, have to park at level 6A as most of the lower levels are for seasons parking (red lots),

Although some drivers ignore, i just respect these lots, as season parking holders deserve to park at these lots, not me.

Usually companies allow employees the usage of company vehicles after working hours as a goodwill gesture or benefit in kind. Some even will co-pay for the season parking if the company already saved some money from having to pay season parking. 

So for the employee who are enjoying such benefit, it is only right they play their part in making sure the company vehicle is properly taken care of eg. Parked in proper designated lots,  paid due parking fees,  not to contravene with traffic laws. 

Parking the company vehicle (especially with company logo)  in a private estate to save on season parking while potentially incurring bad publicity and reputation for the company is never what the company will expect the employee to do. 

well said...hope to praise you but just praised you recently

• Praise 1

If parking is such a chore n expensive n ur pay is lesser, why not take public transport rather than curse others for expecting to receive a freebie as an entitlement?
  • Praise 5

Today a lady suddenly comes to me and says I cannot park as owner cannot buy parking.. WTF? She also says if you not staying here cannot park btw the house I parked my vehicle infront the house is vacant long ago.. I've been park there very long time and now she says cannot? If she complains all cars kene saman so up to her to decide.. I just walked away since I'm staying nearby I just park n go

correct.. LLST..

I always tell the house owner IF he / she dares, go call LTA lor... 

Private estate LTA cannot do nuts about it. 

Especially during incamp training... always park at pte estate...

Actually LTA can summon but they normally go only when there is a complaint. They will just summon all vehicles. After furnishing proof that your vehicle is registered to you staying at that address (driver registered address), they will waive the summons.

Those outsiders parking there will have to pay fines.

My neighbor always call LTA on those visitors. The crazy thing is they got 6 cars and only space inside their house for 1. ridiculous!

Twincharged

My previous company actually told one of my colleagues to park at private estate nearby. They let him drive the lorry back cuz they know he stay like 5min walk from a private estate. The guy before him had his home season parking subsidized.

Actually LTA can summon but they normally go only when there is a complaint. They will just summon all vehicles. After furnishing proof that your vehicle is registered to you staying at that address (driver registered address), they will waive the summons.

Those outsiders parking there will have to pay fines.

My neighbor always call LTA on those visitors. The crazy thing is they got 6 cars and only space inside their house for 1. ridiculous!

But if not illegal parking, LTA also cannot do anything. The only private estates they can summon is those with double yellow lines drawn everywhere.

• Praise 1

My previous company actually told one of my colleagues to park at private estate nearby. They let him drive the lorry back cuz they know he stay like 5min walk from a private estate. The guy before him had his home season parking subsidized.

But if not illegal parking, LTA also cannot do anything. The only private estates they can summon is those with double yellow lines drawn everywhere.

Maybe is big lorry

Want to buy Seasons also cannot :(

Twincharged

Maybe is big lorry

Want to buy Seasons also cannot :(

No la. Those small one. Class 3 can drive already. They don't want to subsidise his season parking cuz he stay near landed property. Then no choice but to drive it home cuz he first job start early and if go office collect lorry then go work will need to start work 1+hr earlier.

Edited by Nzy

No la. Those small one. Class 3 can drive already. They don't want to subsidise his season parking cuz he stay near landed property. Then no choice but to drive it home cuz he first job start early and if go office collect lorry then go work will need to start work 1+hr earlier.

So niao :(
  • Praise 1

I'll just share my own experience:

Before I got married, I stayed with my parents in an estate that was also close to some HDB flats which had a big open air carpark as well as an MSCP. My folks would park in the porch while my car stayed outside. But there would be many cars parking overnight even outside my home, most owned by people whom I would see walking over every morning from the flats and similarly leaving their cars at night.

End up I have to park in a further part of the estate and walk around 8-10 mins to my house almost every day (maybe around the same amount of time that someone would take to walk down the stairs of the MSCP to reach home?). With cars literally parked on both sides of a small two-lane road, I woke up on a few mornings to find my car scraped by other vehicles as they have to maneuver precariously through the narrow, middle part of the road.

These are things that many "non-estate" cars will never see. What if private house owners started buying up all the season parking lots at HDB estates to park their spare cars and flat-owners are not able to find lots nearby and go much further? I live in an HDB flat now and I really enjoy the convenience of knowing that I will have a guaranteed season lot near my home whenever I come back, 

All I can say is spare a thought for residents whatever kind of estate it is, try not to inconvenience others just for our own convenience and savings. 

• Praise 9

Before I got married, I stayed with my parents in an estate that was also close to some HDB flats which had a big open air carpark as well as an MSCP. My folks would park in the porch while my car stayed outside. But there would be many cars parking overnight even outside my home, most owned by people whom I would see walking over every morning from the flats and similarly leaving their cars at night.

End up I have to park in a further part of the estate and walk around 8-10 mins to my house almost every day (maybe around the same amount of time that someone would take to walk down the stairs of the MSCP to reach home?). With cars literally parked on both sides of a small two-lane road, I woke up on a few mornings to find my car scraped by other vehicles as they have to maneuver precariously through the narrow, middle part of the road.

These are things that many "non-estate" cars will never see. What if private house owners started buying up all the season parking lots at HDB estates to park their spare cars and flat-owners are not able to find lots nearby and go much further? I live in an HDB flat now and I really enjoy the convenience of knowing that I will have a guaranteed season lot near my home whenever I come back,

All I can say is spare a thought for residents whatever kind of estate it is, try not to inconvenience others just for our own convenience and savings.

Sooner or later govt will come charging for parking in front of landed property

Cng tio, diesel tio, gas tio, water tio, parking tio, just have to take turns though :grin:

The only thing BOH Tio is toto :(

Eh actually have

But is not I Tio

Is govt Tio

:(

• Praise 1

i was in the same situation as u.. but still i tell myself, its public road i have no rights to stop people from parking..

i just hope they at least park near to the kerb and fold in the mirrors.. i see many times people just hack care park leaving a huge gap beside the kerb making others cars difficult to pass through.. 

• Praise 2

In my estate I have seen taxi drivers who park there, and then whip out an e-scooter to scoot home, presumably to the nearby HDB blocks. Free parking FTW  

In my estate I have seen taxi drivers who park there, and then whip out an e-scooter to scoot home, presumably to the nearby HDB blocks. Free parking FTW  

haha,, i know of colleagues who cannot get a season lot does that previously.. to me the scooter really serve a last mile usage.. haha.

haha,, i know of colleagues who cannot get a season lot does that previously.. to me the scooter really serve a last mile usage.. haha.

Taxi chaps don't buy season one because they operate 24 hours

But once in a while when don't want to drive, just wanna koon, but don't wanna pay parking, have to chut this stunt lor

↡ Advertisement