Importing car from oversea

Thugstercena

hi all, i got a question to ask.

i saw on some sites that exports car. what are actually the procedures to go thru in order to have a import car into singapore?

just buy online, come singapore ,pass inspection, and pay COE/RoadTax, den can on the road ardy?

or is there certain tax need to pay?

cos i see from some sites that bmw 3 series(2008) cost only 7000SGD. :D looks so tempting.

thanks for reading!

Edited by Thugstercena
↡ Advertisement

hi all, i got a question to ask.

i saw on some sites that exports car. what are actually the procedures to go thru in order to have a import car into singapore?

just buy online, come singapore ,pass inspection, and pay COE/RoadTax, den can on the road ardy?

or is there certain tax need to pay?

cos i see from some sites that bmw 3 series(2008) cost only 7000SGD. :D looks so tempting.

thanks for reading!

some of the taxes u miss out

Registration Fee (RF) $140

Additional Registration Fee (ARF)

130% of OMV1

110% of OMV2

100% of OMV3

Certificate of Entitlement (COE) Bid in Categories A, B or E

Excise Duty 20% of OMV

1 For cars registered with COEs obtained from May 2002 to February 2004 tender exercises.

2 For cars registered with COEs obtained from March 2004 to February 2008 tender exercises.

3 For cars registered with COEs obtained from March 2008 tender exercises and onwards.

also i think the port duty, etc etc very mafun one

i see. thanks bro. look v complicated to me thou. hahas. ;D

no problem dude.

I also thinkin of importing the car i own in UK when i got back but end up giving it up [smallcry]

the car has to be within 3 yrs old and u have to pay an additional $10k

plenty of inspection to go through

onemotoring has all the info there

Dear all,

What is the pro and cons of buying an imported used vehicle? Interested in this miported used E-class estate from UK registered originally in Aug 2010. However, the OMV is very low, even lower than a local C-class

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing...p;CAT=&VEH=

Anyone has experience buying a used imported vehicle? Is i worth it?

Thanks and happy new year to all!

Dear all,

What is the pro and cons of buying an imported used vehicle? Interested in this miported used E-class estate from UK registered originally in Aug 2010. However, the OMV is very low, even lower than a local C-class

This Mercs is for funeral use one .

Dear all,

You need to bring the car to test,go L.T.A. a few times to do paperwork....you need to pay the C.O.E & Import taxes in full.

Hi,

lol [laugh] ... I thought someone will make the comment that it looks like a hearse car... but seriously quite a practical vehicle, able to fit another 2 more seats at the rear making it a 7 seater.. though the additional 2 seats are facing the rear.

On self-importation:

It 's not easy, but not tough either. There will be some running about. But, make sure your self-imported car meets all our regulatory requirements.

With such high COE, it does not make sense to most people since most need loans to cover the big ticket items like COE, taxes which is "impossible" to loan such "items" (COE, taxes and duties) specifically from banks.

Good choice if COE is low and you fancy some make/models not available through ADs here in the usual specs/transmission type.

Well,.... most people here even find DIY selling their cars difficult. So,.....

Edited by Kangadrool

Hi,

lol [laugh] ... I thought someone will make the comment that it looks like a hearse car... but seriously quite a practical vehicle, able to fit another 2 more seats at the rear making it a 7 seater.. though the additional 2 seats are facing the rear.

2 seats are meant for children less than 140cm or less in height. Any taller will hit the roof.

↡ Advertisement