Free photoshoot by Studio to raise awareness

Sorrow

Anyone has come across this before??? A photo studio say they giving me a free shoot to raise awareness for their shop, make up and dress provided but they only give me two shots free??

I know there's no free lunch in this world, but seems to be a different from those telling u, u won a prize blah blah blah

any bros/sisters got comments or previous encounters, sorry if i sound like i mountain tortise

↡ Advertisement

Anyone has come across this before??? A photo studio say they giving me a free shoot to raise awareness for their shop, make up and dress provided but they only give me two shots free??

I know there's no free lunch in this world, but seems to be a different from those telling u, u won a prize blah blah blah

any bros/sisters got comments or previous encounters, sorry if i sound like i mountain tortise

damn...don't go liao...juz read up that's its a fre*king tactics like timeshares kind aso....

disseminated for awareness...

(edited)

SCAM!!!

cut and paste from other forums

"I also happened to receive their phonecall last Thurs saying that i'm one of their 67 or 68 lucky people who was being selected for a free overall makeup photography. The lady asked if i was married, have kids? She said i could opt for a family photoshoots and in return i could get back 2 selected photographs in CD.

Previously i also recalled that i got a phone call doing a credit card survey. The person ask for my age, my education qualification, the type of housing appt i am staying in, my monthly income and total monthly household income. She also asked about my marital status, if married or not married, kids or no kids, how old is the kid.

Subsequently the next day, i received a call from this lady called Jennifer saying that she is from SA studio. She said this was a photography studio which has been set up 2yrs already and they have been just recognised by the Govt and now they doing a promo, whereby they will select 67 / 68 lucky people for their free makeup photography.

I asked them whats the reason behind of doing this promo, she said its to raise publicity of their studio. Cos i could tell my friends/colleagues/relatives how good / wonderful their studio was if i feel that their service and photography were good. When i asked them how they got hold of my hp number, she replied that i must had took part in some surveys, thats how my particulars was being passed down to them.

Wanting to play safe, I tried to google for SA studio but i couldn't find any infos. Its only until when i type "Apollo Centre + SA studio", then i was led into this thread and i realised this is a scam.

The lady sms me the address of their company as i had confirmed my appt with her this weekend. After reading this thread, I had sms her to cancel off the appt."

Edited by Sorrow

Oh I got before, sceptical but I know I have a hard heart so i go la with family.

Before people call me cheapskate ah, it's because the caller call a few times, and promise that really no purchase, really is just because they are new so they hope if I found it's good I can recommend ppl next time, or I will come back again to take for special occasion etc etc.

So since I am free that afternoon I go with my family, took a lot of photos, BUT yes after that they show you the 2 free photos plus other photos that they shoot, and say why don't I buy them all, so nice etc. But the price is too high I feel.

I die die don't want although really a lot of nice photos, just take my 2 free one and go. Anyway that's what they promise and they also promise I no need to pay anything.

Anyway that's a few years back already :D

Turbocharged

old trick liao...

rule of thumb is... if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably is... [sly] [sly]

this kinda scam was created long time ago.

just remember one golden rule -> There is no free lunch in this world. Move on.~

recently, i heard from my friend saying, 10%-20% benefit from low-mid risk investment is too cheap.

and he has a lobang to earn ~60% from "this" investment.

some or few might still get conned, but definitely not a stingy guy like me. =P

TS is it some photo company called Naughty by Nature? [:/]

nope its called SA Studio, but I see the shop u mentioned in other forums and alot of complaints

I went before but it was but another company called naughty by nature as mentioned by one bro here..

basically that time, it was a photo shots with both their clothings and our casual wear..

for those going for wedding shots, this might just be a good warm up..

after the whole affair, the selling come.. tell u to take up package, demo u on how they do touch up and also offer u lesson on how to use those adobe software..

then take the 2 selected photos, do some touch up till nice nice.. but the moment u said not keen, they delete it and pass u the original version in CD and there you go..

If u have a weak heart and will go soft on hard sell, don't bother going, otherwise, like i mention, take it as a warm up experience..

hope that give u some understanding..

Edited by Sony

I went before but it was but another company called naughty by nature as mentioned by one bro here..

basically that time, it was a photo shots with both their clothings and our casual wear..

for those going for wedding shots, this might just be a good warm up..

after the whole affair, the selling come.. tell u to take up package, demo u on how they do touch up and also offer u lesson on how to use those adobe software..

then take the 2 selected photos, do some touch up till nice nice.. but the moment u said not keen, they delete it and pass u the original version in CD and there you go..

If u have a weak heart and will go soft on hard sell, don't bother going, otherwise, like i mention, take it as a warm up experience..

hope that give u some understanding..

wah bro...tink i not ready hahaha, tink i better give it a miss then....i won't go soft on hard sell but scarli find one super chio put half ball talk to me...i scared cannot tahan wahaha :D

this kinda scam was created long time ago.

just remember one golden rule -> There is no free lunch in this world. Move on.~

recently, i heard from my friend saying, 10%-20% benefit from low-mid risk investment is too cheap.

and he has a lobang to earn ~60% from "this" investment.

some or few might still get conned, but definitely not a stingy guy like me. =P

anyhow say.

i scammed a few bottles of chivas from you leh.

LOL.

afterthat they will try to convince you to sign package.

if really free, i bring my dog down to photoshoot. :wub:

dont need make up or clothes.

my dog wont stay still one.

those 2 photos will be hard to come by.

please edit my dog until nice nice [laugh]

I am one of the victim.. [bigcry]

i think the problem is that they are hardselling. if not, i heard that their works are quite good.

i think the problem is that they are hardselling. if not, i heard that their works are quite good.

actually if they don't hardsell, i will have a higher tendency to go back to their shop, that is wat i feel...if u hardsell and i'm not ready to commit, sorry manz..u juz spoilt ur company's reputation

↡ Advertisement