Tomika Auto Air Con

Fcw75

Best aircon shop, Nam Sing At AMK. beats tomika flat in service / attitude / workmanship (and yes i've been to tomika... i think 3+ times already)

Best aircon shop, Nam Sing At AMK. beats tomika flat in service / attitude / workmanship (and yes i've been to tomika... i think 3+ times already)

Yes. Nam Sing is really gd. But always long q.

Yes. Nam Sing is really gd. But always long q.

call and chope slot lo. service is superb. the last time i had to collect car after work but i was late, the boss just left 10mins before i reached and gave him a call, he turned back and open shop just for me to collect the car.

never really heard of nam sing. are they better than mark cool or tomika?

i've never been to mark cool, but yea, imo, better then tomika [knife]

Neutral Newbie

go to this JS auto Air con at Toh Guan enterprise hub.

reasonable price.

Even though they do mainly commercial vehicles, me and my colleagues passenger cars also go to them without problems

(edited)

what has tomika done?

Quite long ago already so details i can't recall. But the gist of it were delay after delay, repair liao after a few days kok up again... have to go back again...

Last one before i stopped going was wanted to change a compressor, they wanted to charge me an amount which i thought was high. So i asked what if i brought my own compressor? They quoted the labour charge.

At this point i was OK with the labour amount. My savings will be around $500 which includes me buying my own original BMW compressor + their labour charges. Then they said if i buy my own compressor, they cannot give guarantee. Which is Ok la, my own parts right i also cannot say.

But then they added, IF i buy compressor from them they can give guarantee. So ok, i asked if they bought the compressor how long they can guarantee the work? 3 months guarantee...... (for that extra $500)

After that i left and never went back. Why did i go there in the beginning? becos my dad knows the boss so he rec. me to go.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Neutral Newbie

Hi borrowing this thread if I may as unable to post....

If my car feels more sluggish after turning on the aircon, is it a sign that the compressor is deteriorating ?

When car was new don't really feel it, or at most a bit. Now after 3+ years can feel it more and also aircon seems nosier.

Can the aircon be serviced ? Or wait until aircon die and then replace ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi borrowing this thread if I may as unable to post....

If my car feels more sluggish after turning on the aircon, is it a sign that the compressor is deteriorating ?

When car was new don't really feel it, or at most a bit. Now after 3+ years can feel it more and also aircon seems nosier.

Can the aircon be serviced ? Or wait until aircon die and then replace ?

Hi bro, have already send you a pm. :)

My turn for FR on KIM. Aircon blow warm air after travelling for abt 30min. After rest a while, it is back to normal.

went to markcool. they din even look at my car. immediately answer was "change compressor, very normal to happen for honda"

decided to try out kim. went down there, told them my prob, the young chap just used a stick to push something then aircon working again. he confirmed is the "magnet" (i tink he meant the clutch). quoted me $260 all in. i ask for discount, they say not possible. need 3 hours. since i couldn't wait, i went back on the 2nd day. he say most workshops will ask u to change compressor, but actually not necessary. very honest.

next day went back and got it fixed. was a smooth transaction. he said needed 3 hours, and exactly at 3 hours, he call me to say ok, done. when i paid, he only charged me $240! wah, nice surprise.

not for bros that are very ngeow tho'. the car body was quite dirty after that, they din help me wipe or watever. since it doesn't bother me, i just collected the car and went off. overall good experience. will recommend to friends.

10 sec diagnosis, save $400, avoid changing compressor. [thumbsup]

May I know where to find this Kim? My car aircon faulty. TIA.

Quite long ago already so details i can't recall. But the gist of it were delay after delay, repair liao after a few days kok up again... have to go back again...

Last one before i stopped going was wanted to change a compressor, they wanted to charge me an amount which i thought was high. So i asked what if i brought my own compressor? They quoted the labour charge.

At this point i was OK with the labour amount. My savings will be around $500 which includes me buying my own original BMW compressor + their labour charges. Then they said if i buy my own compressor, they cannot give guarantee. Which is Ok la, my own parts right i also cannot say.

But then they added, IF i buy compressor from them they can give guarantee. So ok, i asked if they bought the compressor how long they can guarantee the work? 3 months guarantee...... (for that extra $500)

After that i left and never went back. Why did i go there in the beginning? becos my dad knows the boss so he rec. me to go.

so all those good reviews about them may not be true afterall

Neutral Newbie

Just went to Tomika Ubi last week as my air-con broke down and started blowing hot air. Left the car in the morning and collected in the evening. Repair work were: replacement of cooling coil, changed compressor oil and top up gas. All for the price of about $480. So far so good but not sure about the price as I did not bother to go get second opinion.

so all those good reviews about them may not be true afterall

well. that's my personal experience. maybe others might have had different experiences with them. It might sound strange, but the feeling i had when they told me bout the guarantee thing was that if i bought my brand new compressor to them, 'anything' could have happened to it and i'd be none the wiser.

Compare this experience with my first time at Nam Sing. i left my car there, suspect faulty compressor. The mech checked the aircon system, removed the compressor and found the compressor faulty. Problem was, the part was very rare and i had to actually ship it in myself from Europe. So they put everything back in for me since they can't do anything. didn't charge me anything at all and just asked me to return again once i get my compressor. Which i eventually did.

Neutral Newbie

I'm having problem with my Toyota sienta aircon. i noitced that the ac cuts in n out every few sec. Going through the threads here, i try to locate the a/c relay in the fuse box next to the batt but i cant find it there. Where else can i find this relay or is it possible it donesn't use a relay?

Sent my Teana over to Tomika Ubi yesterday to service my aircond. They used machine to recover the old oil and put in good quality japanese PAG oil. As usual the initial encounter is cold but after 15mins, the boss and workers warmed up and shared lots of technical stuffs with me. Before servicing air cond is quite cold, after servicing, it freaking freezes. Quoted $80 before servicing, billed $60+ 7%GST which i was pleasantly surprised.

In terms of technical expertise, i have no doubts that they knew their stuffs but once you get past their initial attitute, you willbe fine. :-)

Edited by RedEmber
↡ Advertisement