Skoda Superb or Citroen C5?

Nostalgia

Superb or C5?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. For a moderate priced sedan, what would you choose?

• Skoda Superb Elegance $115.8 1.8T 7DSG
    • Skoda Superb Ambition $108.8 1.8T 7DSG
    • Citroen C5 CONFORT $110K 2.0 4AT
    • Definitely not one of these cars

Opel Insignia

Audi A4

Peugeot 408

VW Passat

Thanks for the suggestions.

Opel Insignia was not available

A4 is beyond my budget

Didn't think of the 408 at all, may have a look

Passat 1.8T is a good 15K more, and out of the budget I set for myself. Incidentally will choose an IS250 over a Passat, but that's irrelevant here.

↡ Advertisement

how does the acceleration of the c200k compare to the other cars?

Frankly, enough for our roads, and the car is very composed. Handling is good enough for a sedan.

My own personal impressions only, please just ignore if you don't agree:

Against:

- prior generation Volvo S80 2.5: More precise handling and less wobbly around curves or over humps. S80 has much more torque and HP and is faster in a straight line

- MX5: MX5 acceleration and handling are much better, at the cost of a harsher ride and less refinement

- Toyota Prius - Prius was surprisingly smooth and accelerated well, but the C200 was just a little bit faster, and handled sharper.

- Skoda Superb - Superb was faster, despite the size. 7DSG was a pleasure

- Citroen C5 - C200 was faster

- Subaru Legacy 2.0 - C200 felt more refined. Legacy's handling surprised, but the CVT in this model did not compare well

- MB B200 Turbo - acceleration was on par or even better, but paired to a wobbly suspension setup and a tall body. Definitely choose the C200 if money wasn't an issue and the rear headroom/legroom was not needed.

Supercharged

there is one feature in superb that ladies probably like...

and that is..this car can do self parallel parking!

The Superb Ambition doesnt come with the all round sensor (only the front and back), parallel parking assistant, fog light and built in GPS. So it is not as worthy as the Elegance.

i understand C&C will bring in the C5 1.6Turbo 160bhp version...

it'll replace the 2.0L 145bhp version...

it'll also have a new 6A/T gearbox...

i think by June, the car should arrive...

wow, then this will be a better car then

The Superb Ambition doesnt come with the all round sensor (only the front and back), parallel parking assistant, fog light and built in GPS. So it is not as worthy as the Elegance.

My collegue bot his superb ambition @ 87k nia. I think that was the lowest costs ever.

He's a damn lucky person. ^_^

Any feedback from Skoda owners?

I'd my Simply Superb for 8 mths already and it still delivers the same exhilirating drive as the first day. There is more than sufficient power on tap from the 1.8TSi and the 7DSG is smart and fast enough to shift gears for a engaging drive. Merging into the X-way and overtaking is a breeze. Space wise, I'd 2 child seats fitted at the back and still comfortably seat an adult. My infants will almost always fall asleep when on the move. No known fault/ issue on drive train unlike the ones plaguing some Octavias and Jettas (stalling issue). GPS inaccuracy issue was patched. 9 air bags, 10 speakers, park assist, built-in sun shades (passenger doors & rear window screen), adaptive headlights, rain sensor, parts sharing w/ VW & Audi, great sound insulation....... argubily the best bang for buck exec saloon around if you ask me...

Neutral Newbie

Seriously, if looking at your wife's criteria, then I'd say the Superb Elegance is the only car that will satisfy them all....

For me....I'm driving the Superb Ambition for a year already....and I voted the Elegance.....only reason why I didn't buy the Elegance at that time was because I did not have my CO's approval [bigcry]

Axela72: Actually the Ambition does come with foglights [nod]

Edited by Speeddemon

Neutral Newbie

Not forgetting the twin boot system.....I love it when I have to squeeze extra bulky items in the car....I've always liked the sedan look better then a hatchback or estate so this is like the best of both worlds

Plenty of other features in the car also.....I especially like the bluetooth system which connects to my phone automatically....and also the voice activated calling....just say the number you want to dial....pretty cool [laugh]

Edited by Speeddemon

I salute you for not following the crowd.

I like both cars but the Superb is a car I always wanted to own.

Just can't afford it. But if I could I would.

Seriously, if looking at your wife's criteria, then I'd say the Superb Elegance is the only car that will satisfy them all....

For me....I'm driving the Superb Ambition for a year already....and I voted the Elegance.....only reason why I didn't buy the Elegance at that time was because I did not have my CO's approval [bigcry]

Axela72: Actually the Ambition does come with foglights [nod]

sorry, actually I meant HID. HID need to be factory fitted, if install by oneself, it is consider as illegal. So I will only get car that come with it. If by paying more than 100k and still doesn't come with such a simple requirement, then in my opinion only, this car is not good enough. Better still, the Elegance come with adaptive bi-xeon headlight which is a class higher than the normal HID one.

Edited by Axela72

Neutral Newbie

sorry, actually I meant HID. HID need to be factory fitted, if install by oneself, it is consider as illegal. So I will only get car that come with it. If by paying more than 100k and still doesn't come with such a simple requirement, then in my opinion only, this car is not good enough. Better still, the Elegance come with adaptive bi-xeon headlight which is a class higher than the normal HID one.

True.....thats why i still voted for Elegance even though i drive the Ambition model [nod]

But seriously....100k cant get you much choices of exec saloon cars now.....even the humble Camry is like 104k now?

Edited by Speeddemon

Yeah man.....COE at that time was only about 5k [laugh]

too bad, I want that car with HID but at ambition price tag. Because of the ambition doesn't come with that and they quote the trade in value of my car way below market price (as the agent told me they didnt have their own resale car lobang, ask me why not sell my car outside myself which is a hassle to me). therefore, i hold on waiting for my car tradein penalty has closen the gap and/or the the Elgance has dropped their price tag. Now I missed the chance and have to look for other alternative

Edited by Axela72

Neutral Newbie

I own the Superb Ambition (I think I'm the first one or one of the first) and I'm really happy with it. Basically, it has performance, room and fuel economy (relative to some other car like e.g. Teana - last 2 cars were "Cefiro").

I think if people just open up their minds to test drive it, they might change their mind. I did.

↡ Advertisement