Anyone out there driving Mitsubishi Colt Plus Turbo?

Ferraricalifornia

Turbocharged
(edited)

ðð its gd ride.. its been years back but till now i still can recall... order parts from russia... can vomit blood... lan lan hv to buy..

U can scroll back earlier post...

Ppl looking for parts at scrapyard..

Russia dont sell this car.

Colt plus turbo we get is pure JDM. Only Japan and SG have.

Colt version R was only selling in Japan, HK, Aussie and SG. Its damn rare!!

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged
(edited)

hi bros

I am planning to get a 10year old Colt version R with a CVT gearbox, may i know any issues with this vehicle? what should i take note as this is my first time owing a turbo car

need advice urgently.

Thank you=)

Thus car is good at it's youth. A 10yr ride, esp one that is modded, is a timebomb with its fragile CVT gearbox.

First the gearbox bearing will start to drone indicating eminent failure. Then after awhile the CVT will start to slip and become erratic.

A bone stock car with well maintianed CVT will last 170K to 200K or 8 to 9 yrs before the CVT break. If you mod your ride with more than 250nm of torque prepare for failures. Use only Diaqueen SP3 atf for cvt fluid else it will fail. Change atf every 20k to pronlong cvt.

A reconned gb replacement is easily 2k, provided your workshop manage to source one. A brand new gb will be around 8k.

If you really really want a Version R, get the MT.

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

Ya so there is some risk at certain point, thanks for the advice bro~

thanks bro.. ya lo CVT gearbox plus car age around 10 years, and dealer will not cover you or insured your car condition,because its a turbo car.

To be fair its a tough car. The turbo engine is tough and can handle the age well into COE years if you keep it well. The weak link is the CVT which i said is a time bomb. Else when you dunno how the previous owner punish it.

Get the Manual. If mine is the manual I'll definately renew the COE to continue driving on...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all. I just got a CPT recently. And would like to know if anybody have the mid pipe to sell. As my current is in a bad conditions. :(

Neutral Newbie

I just took over a Automatic Ver R 2009 about 2 weeks back. It came with a Yr Advance Cat Back Exhaust which is pretty loud. 

Some of the owners had been passing this car around in a matter of months. Maybe just to try drive for fun. I recently found 2 pages on Sgcarmart that sells the same car within the same COE period, Jun 2030.

And was advised to swap in a Hybrid TD04 turbo. Anybody selling theirs? 

Edited by Xfsg89