Anyone out there driving Mitsubishi Colt Plus Turbo?

Ferraricalifornia

Tks Wah zai.

Ad quoted me 1.2k to 1.5k to do it. U have any mokre reasonably priced n reliable ws u go to?

Btw, also any lobang for headlight dust cover, as I've misplaced one of those. Tia.

Timing belt, water pump, bearing (not inclusive of alternator / AC belt) etc...about $500. Labour is no more than $150. You can get the parts from Min Ghee or Fong Yee and go to any workshop outside to do it.

↡ Advertisement

Timing belt, water pump, bearing (not inclusive of alternator / AC belt) etc...about $500. Labour is no more than $150. You can get the parts from Min Ghee or Fong Yee and go to any workshop outside to do it.

Tks kenmical, I oso jus found out fr min ghee Ronnie the timing belt kit cost 400+. but wc workshop has better workmanship? Do u have any workshop to recommend n how bat ur regular ws?

Tks again.

Hi guys, anyone of u still driving colt plus. I just got mine but it did not come with the user manual.

Any kind soul can lent it to me to go zap a copy?

c&c is your best soul.

Tks kenmical, I oso jus found out fr min ghee Ronnie the timing belt kit cost 400+. but wc workshop has better workmanship? Do u have any workshop to recommend n how bat ur regular ws?

Tks again.

nice to see a cpt owner here.. this car getting rare

can try racetech at sing ming.

look for roland..

nice to see a cpt owner here.. this car getting rare

can try racetech at sing ming.

look for roland..

ok tks strat.

CPT not a bad car to drive n practical for small family that needs economical car w some performance; handling n build quality can be better tho.

need to mention recommended by who?

Hi guys,

newbie need some help, I've got a '06 colt plus spt, 2-3 weeks ago I had a minor accident, my right headlamp crack slightly but all lights and bulbs can still function properly, i went to a couple of workshops to try and get it fix (i.e replace entire headlamp), but all say no part available when they try to help source for it. I thought okay fine, the headlamp can still work, just crack inside only, so just continue using untill it really spoils then change or mayb can use till got parts avail then change.

For the past 2-3wks it has been working fine, even after car wash, no water seems to have gone into the headlamp. But today the right headlight stopped working, pole light and highbeam still works fine, not sure if its the bulb blown or because of the previous accident damage, I'll have it checked during the week. However the same thing also happen last week where the headlight stopped working but that was because the bulb blew after checking.

So today after it stopped working again, it made me think that perhaps I should get the headlamp fixed/replaced instead of worrying and taking the trouble to keep changing bulbs, and also for safety reasons at night.

I was previously quoted 2-3wks ago by some of the workshops i went to that the headlamp can be quite ex, abt $500-600+ (include installation).

So can anybody recommend any stockists that i can try getting the headlamp part from? or if got lobang or contact for workshops that can do headlamp repair would be good to.

Many Thanks.

You can call Martin from Min Ghee to check if he have stock. Otherwise you need to indent one in which will take ard 3 - 4 weeks max. You can reach him at either 62960808 or 81921415. Good luck.

Tks again.

I go to KHY Auto @ Sin Ming Autocare for my servicing and wear & tear replacement. Labour is reasonable but need to bargain if it is too costly. Just another option for you.

You can call Martin from Min Ghee to check if he have stock. Otherwise you need to indent one in which will take ard 3 - 4 weeks max. You can reach him at either 62960808 or 81921415. Good luck.

tks bro kenmical. got it fr Ronnie of Min Ghee last friday. so u got ur timing belt kit & other wear & tear components from Martin?

Edited by Fuelsaver

I go to KHY Auto @ Sin Ming Autocare for my servicing and wear & tear replacement. Labour is reasonable but need to bargain if it is too costly. Just another option for you.

tks bro kenmical.

tks bro kenmical. got it fr Ronnie of Min Ghee last friday. so u got ur timing belt kit & other wear & tear components from Martin?

Yes all from Martin. Used to be Ronnie but he is always busy on Hyundai enquiries.

Yes all from Martin. Used to be Ronnie but he is always busy on Hyundai enquiries.

got ronnie's contact fr min ghee's webby.

have more better, tks kenmical n others who shared CPT maintenance lobang!

huat ah!

hi all bro,

i just gotten year 2008 Colt Plus Ralliart Turbo and it comes with 15".

I am thinking of upgrading to 17".

Does anyone know the wheel specs, especially PCD?

Is it 4 x 100 or 4 x 114.3, how to check? I know the offset is 46.

Any advise on the upgrading?

Thanks in advance.

hi all bro,

i just gotten year 2008 Colt Plus Ralliart Turbo and it comes with 15".

I am thinking of upgrading to 17".

Does anyone know the wheel specs, especially PCD?

Is it 4 x 100 or 4 x 114.3, how to check? I know the offset is 46.

Any advise on the upgrading?

Thanks in advance.

it is 4 x 100.... (cvr is 4 x 114.3)

i highly recommend for 16" and tried 1st.... 205/45/R16... it is already uncomfortable on steering and noisy on road.

it is 4 x 100.... (cvr is 4 x 114.3)

i highly recommend for 16" and tried 1st.... 205/45/R16... it is already uncomfortable on steering and noisy on road.

my sentiments; I'm on 16".

Sometimes thot of reverting to 15", but kinda put off by smallish wheels...

Do u have the problem of excessive vibrations when car is stationery? Mine is 2008 colt plus non turbo.. Really hate the vibration.. Can see the RPM goes down to below 500 from 900-1000, then up then down. My vibration problem is due to dirty throttle body as every time I ask workshop to clean the throttle body, the excessive vibration problem disappears.. But comes back after 7000km n more.. Damn irritating.

I find my colt plus having really lousy sound insulation.. Road noise is very obvious, and can hear other vehicles that drive pass beside me.

Extremely noisy when speed is above 90km/hr.. When I drive on NSHW, I drive around 110-120km/hr.. Not that I am law abiding, but the road noise (not engine noise thank god) is extremely unbearable when speed is above 120km/hr.. Deafening at 150km/hr... I am not exaggerating.. My wife ask me to slow down bec she was woken up by the noise while deep in sleep when I drove above 130km/hr.

Do u guys feel this way? I didn't know the sound insulation for colt plus is so bad until I bought the car 2 yr ago..

I am not comparing it with noise level of a conti but other similar makes like Honda City, Toyota Vios, Altis, Nissan Latio, Sunny, Hyundai Matrix, Accent, Avante... Which are the similar category CC models I have sat in that drove at speed above 90km/hr.

The MiVec engine is responsive but I just hate the noise.. It's just unbearable n I never expect a made in Japan car to be so lousy in this area.. Maybe back in Japan it was supposed to be driven at 70km/hr so it is never noticeable..

What do u guys think bat the noise? Did u do any additional sound proofing? Anyway I have decided to change this car next yr before it turns 5.. I like it's excellent FC though.. But the noise n vibration is really making me hate the car.. Feels like scrapping the car this year n change, if not for the higher COE currently

↡ Advertisement