Anyone out there driving Mitsubishi Colt Plus Turbo?

Ferraricalifornia

Looks like 15 inch is the best compromise for comfort and handling. Perhaps a high end set of tyres will do the job.

actually i find 15" comfort but not handle that well due to more roll being felt by thicker tyre during cornering; maybe add spacer & / rims flush wif body ok??? see how then... still thinkin to change / remain.

↡ Advertisement

Do u have the problem of excessive vibrations when car is stationery? Mine is 2008 colt plus non turbo.. Really hate the vibration.. Can see the RPM goes down to below 500 from 900-1000, then up then down. My vibration problem is due to dirty throttle body as every time I ask workshop to clean the throttle body, the excessive vibration problem disappears.. But comes back after 7000km n more.. Damn irritating.

Not experiencing ur situation, idling ok at abt 800rpm w AC n 700 w/o AC. Maybe airflow sensor? U have done any aftermkt air filter upgrade / open pod?

N nvr use ss air filters pls. Max upgrade should be k&n.

I find my colt plus having really lousy sound insulation.. Road noise is very obvious, and can hear other vehicles that drive pass beside me.

Extremely noisy when speed is above 90km/hr.. When I drive on NSHW, I drive around 110-120km/hr.. Not that I am law abiding, but the road noise (not engine noise thank god) is extremely unbearable when speed is above 120km/hr.. Deafening at 150km/hr... I am not exaggerating.. My wife ask me to slow down bec she was woken up by the noise while deep in sleep when I drove above 130km/hr.

Do u guys feel this way? I didn't know the sound insulation for colt plus is so bad until I bought the car 2 yr ago..

I am not comparing it with noise level of a conti but other similar makes like Honda City, Toyota Vios, Altis, Nissan Latio, Sunny, Hyundai Matrix, Accent, Avante... Which are the similar category CC models I have sat in that drove at speed above 90km/hr.

The MiVec engine is responsive but I just hate the noise.. It's just unbearable n I never expect a made in Japan car to be so lousy in this area.. Maybe back in Japan it was supposed to be driven at 70km/hr so it is never noticeable..

What do u guys think bat the noise? Did u do any additional sound proofing? Anyway I have decided to change this car next yr before it turns 5.. I like it's excellent FC though.. But the noise n vibration is really making me hate the car.. Feels like scrapping the car this year n change, if not for the higher COE currently

Yes, built quality not good, even avante n lafesta insulation much much better. I did a 4 layer SP at all 4 doors, sq improved n insulation better, but still diff from current Korean n Nissan ride. Maybe should try firewall, it's not been insulated.

But I don't find it unbearable even to 130kmh, but nowadays max I go 120kmh cos wife complained too fast.

Handling also so-so, don't gimme that stable feel.

Then again, it's very affordable, fast n practical for family of 4, who cares?

am looking at changing to colt ver R m/t . any latest updates on this model ? advice needed regarding any major issues that owners had encountered .. thanks

No issues encountered at 2 yrs ownership. If possible should go for stock ones, but be wary if it's demodded, wc I've no way to tell either.

I find my colt plus having really lousy sound insulation.. Road noise is very obvious, and can hear other vehicles that drive pass beside me.

Extremely noisy when speed is above 90km/hr.. When I drive on NSHW, I drive around 110-120km/hr.. Not that I am law abiding, but the road noise (not engine noise thank god) is extremely unbearable when speed is above 120km/hr.. Deafening at 150km/hr... I am not exaggerating.. My wife ask me to slow down bec she was woken up by the noise while deep in sleep when I drove above 130km/hr.

Do u guys feel this way? I didn't know the sound insulation for colt plus is so bad until I bought the car 2 yr ago..

I am not comparing it with noise level of a conti but other similar makes like Honda City, Toyota Vios, Altis, Nissan Latio, Sunny, Hyundai Matrix, Accent, Avante... Which are the similar category CC models I have sat in that drove at speed above 90km/hr.

The MiVec engine is responsive but I just hate the noise.. It's just unbearable n I never expect a made in Japan car to be so lousy in this area.. Maybe back in Japan it was supposed to be driven at 70km/hr so it is never noticeable..

What do u guys think bat the noise? Did u do any additional sound proofing? Anyway I have decided to change this car next yr before it turns 5.. I like it's excellent FC though.. But the noise n vibration is really making me hate the car.. Feels like scrapping the car this year n change, if not for the higher COE currently

might want to check your wheel bearing.. mine right rear have problem and caused very loud "road noise". got it change at C&C.. then better

Hi all, am driving a CPT also, well the road noise really is loud . It has the character of a small car lor wind / road noise and really loud, could be due to the poor insulation I think.

Yes, actually wanted to do a full under carpet floorplan SP but someone quoted me 500+, really expensive. I try to search for SP material and do DIY but the SP material cost ard 300+ so I guess might as well just live with it for a while.

Actually, good to see so many Colt plus owner here. :) hi to all, some I know some I dont know . Maybe should just try to do a Colt plus gathering here one day to get the people together. :)

Edited by Raygooh

i cant understand whether you are facing tyres noise (choosing of tyres) or engine noise / wind noise etc. but i do understand 17" will make it worst.

what i had did is install rubber seal and sound proof mat. it cannot remove 100% but it improve my daily drive comfort.

i cant understand whether you are facing tyres noise (choosing of tyres) or engine noise / wind noise etc. but i do understand 17" will make it worst.

what i had did is install rubber seal and sound proof mat. it cannot remove 100% but it improve my daily drive comfort.

What kind of rubber seal?

I think max is referring to those type where you stick on the door it seals the doors better to cut down on wind or noise outside . But mine seems noise from the floor and below. Could be tyres .or a combination of all noise . Somehow i feel tyres are the main culprit

might want to check your wheel bearing.. mine right rear have problem and caused very loud "road noise". got it change at C&C.. then better

How much for wheel bearing?

Is The sound like "woong woong", at certain rpm like 1500 - 2000, or when turning at similar rpm? Higher rpm nothing heard cos wheels spin too fast?

Hi all, am driving a CPT also, well the road noise really is loud . It has the character of a small car lor wind / road noise and really loud, could be due to the poor insulation I think.

Yes, actually wanted to do a full under carpet floorplan SP but someone quoted me 500+, really expensive. I try to search for SP material and do DIY but the SP material cost ard 300+ so I guess might as well just live with it for a while.

Actually, good to see so many Colt plus owner here. :) hi to all, some I know some I dont know . Maybe should just try to do a Colt plus gathering here one day to get the people together. :)

Actually y colt plus very hard to gather is due to lesser ppl owning owners family type (not so into zing car other than routine svc), many bought 2nd hand including FT only needing point a - b car with practicalities like boot space, auto tailgate, folding rear seats, tall headroom for passengers n items, n car is of age.

Cvr has their own forum n lobang, n club owner insist to attend at least one meet up before u can have full access to forum. Only I didn't like to be imposed w such conditions.

I don't mind meet ups, but other half not into these.

Edited by Fuelsaver

How much for wheel bearing?

Is The sound like "woong woong", at certain rpm like 1500 - 2000, or when turning at similar rpm? Higher rpm nothing heard cos wheels spin too fast?

Hmmm...wheel bearing cost about $300 for CVR and $250 for CPT. If there is no stock in the market you need to place order to fly one in specially. That is additional $100 thereabout. Waiting time is 3 - 4 weeks.

It is quite certain that is wheel bearing failure but you can drive to your workshop to check. They will simply hoist the car up and spin the wheel. There should be vibration coming from the spoil wheel bearing.

PS. It will get louder by days

↡ Advertisement