Anyone out there driving Mitsubishi Colt Plus Turbo?

Ferraricalifornia

Actually y colt plus very hard to gather is due to lesser ppl owning owners family type (not so into zing car other than routine svc), many bought 2nd hand including FT only needing point a - b car with practicalities like boot space, auto tailgate, folding rear seats, tall headroom for passengers n items, n car is of age.

Cvr has their own forum n lobang, n club owner insist to attend at least one meet up before u can have full access to forum. Only I didn't like to be imposed w such conditions.

I don't mind meet ups, but other half not into these.

I think regardless of colt plus or colt version r...all are welcomed in the forum as long as you attend one meet up to verify your identity. This is a safety precautionary measure.

↡ Advertisement

Hmmm...wheel bearing cost about $300 for CVR and $250 for CPT. If there is no stock in the market you need to place order to fly one in specially. That is additional $100 thereabout. Waiting time is 3 - 4 weeks.

It is quite certain that is wheel bearing failure but you can drive to your workshop to check. They will simply hoist the car up and spin the wheel. There should be vibration coming from the spoil wheel bearing.

PS. It will get louder by days

Need to go back ad to check cos under warranty, but would they fault it on my upsized by 1" rims? Or claim as wear n tear?

Maybe I'd try ur preferred ws n see wat their comment.

Btw, the price u mentioned for each bearing or set of 4s? Must change all?

Edited by Fuelsaver

I think regardless of colt plus or colt version r...all are welcomed in the forum as long as you attend one meet up to verify your identity. This is a safety precautionary measure.

Wat precautionary measure? I don't see any other car forum doing that, not even here rite? U mean they scared tp undercover ah? Then I ONI realized...

So u went for their meet up?

Anyway bro, really appreciate ur responses to my many queries even when they weren't directed to u, cheers.

Edited by Fuelsaver

i heard that manual ver R has this CEL problem .. has it been resolved already ??

No idea, just don't mod intake to open pod, or if u do, go for k&n. I not selling but only tried k&n drop-in n ss type, ss type caused cel in my ex ex ride.

Edited by Fuelsaver

How much for wheel bearing?

Is The sound like "woong woong", at certain rpm like 1500 - 2000, or when turning at similar rpm? Higher rpm nothing heard cos wheels spin too fast?

i changed mine cvr right rear, was about 500 at c&c.

Neutral Newbie

it is 4 x 100.... (cvr is 4 x 114.3)

i highly recommend for 16" and tried 1st.... 205/45/R16... it is already uncomfortable on steering and noisy on road.

I'm thinking of changing rim as I feel the 15" kind of small. But reading into it from you guys haf put me to a hold.

Is 17" really that bad and 16" so uncomfortable?

Road noisy I agree is something colt plus is lacking but currently is still acceptable for me.

Any advisr on this rim change?

I'm thinking of changing rim as I feel the 15" kind of small. But reading into it from you guys haf put me to a hold.

Is 17" really that bad and 16" so uncomfortable?

Road noisy I agree is something colt plus is lacking but currently is still acceptable for me.

Any advisr on this rim change?

I think best you can go is 16" for CPT. I am on 16, sometimes really feel like going back to 15'. first of all, for 15" tyre I think the rubber wall is wider so means it is more comfort but 15" max you can only go 195. I got 16" is because I want to have 205 but because 16" I have to go 45 so the ride become quite bumpy, can feel the road surface and almost every stone. Also, I think might be my rims design also many spoke so basically many feedback from the road.

Try to strike a balance between comfort and handling . I wonder if anyone go for R16/50/205 tyres? Issit ok to go for that ? as the overall diameter will be out from stock size. Thanks

Actually y colt plus very hard to gather is due to lesser ppl owning owners family type (not so into zing car other than routine svc), many bought 2nd hand including FT only needing point a - b car with practicalities like boot space, auto tailgate, folding rear seats, tall headroom for passengers n items, n car is of age.

Cvr has their own forum n lobang, n club owner insist to attend at least one meet up before u can have full access to forum. Only I didn't like to be imposed w such conditions.

I don't mind meet ups, but other half not into these.

Bro, I went for few meet ups all quite nice people lah actually. only online behind computer a bit KL hahahaha...youknow who you are. overall a nice bunch of guys to hang out with. My wife also not into such club meetups but well , I try to allocate time lor . Regarding your baring problem. yes it will give out a wroong wroong sound when you cruising at a fix speed.

I had such problem with my ex car and it is this sound but I also have lousy tyres sound as loud as this. so go to mech and have it check out better. Theres a Ah Di which is rather popular and know our colt quite well. he is located in yishun industrial park. my colt plus rear brake piston jammed and you know what he did? he take out the who brake and remove the piston , sand it ,then oil it and replace new o rings for a good price. which mech wanna do such things for you nowadays? thats why I highly recommend him.

other mech always ask you to change new easier mah.

Neutral Newbie

hi intend to join the club of CPT! now checking my insurance quotation. mind asking you guys how much mileage clock in each full tank??

I think best you can go is 16" for CPT. I am on 16, sometimes really feel like going back to 15'. first of all, for 15" tyre I think the rubber wall is wider so means it is more comfort but 15" max you can only go 195. I got 16" is because I want to have 205 but because 16" I have to go 45 so the ride become quite bumpy, can feel the road surface and almost every stone. Also, I think might be my rims design also many spoke so basically many feedback from the road.

Try to strike a balance between comfort and handling . I wonder if anyone go for R16/50/205 tyres? Issit ok to go for that ? as the overall diameter will be out from stock size. Thanks

205/50r16 is definitely too big for front wheel arc.. It will always scrap against the wheel arc when ,akin a full turn.. I m on this size so I know. 205/45r16 or equivalent diameter advised.

Bro, I went for few meet ups all quite nice people lah actually. only online behind computer a bit KL hahahaha...youknow who you are. overall a nice bunch of guys to hang out with. My wife also not into such club meetups but well , I try to allocate time lor . Regarding your baring problem. yes it will give out a wroong wroong sound when you cruising at a fix speed.

I had such problem with my ex car and it is this sound but I also have lousy tyres sound as loud as this. so go to mech and have it check out better. Theres a Ah Di which is rather popular and know our colt quite well. he is located in yishun industrial park. my colt plus rear brake piston jammed and you know what he did? he take out the who brake and remove the piston , sand it ,then oil it and replace new o rings for a good price. which mech wanna do such things for you nowadays? thats why I highly recommend him.

other mech always ask you to change new easier mah.

Bro, got banned wen I retorted the club owner on y I should reveal my full details in forum.

But tks for ur recommendation of mech, got his contact? I don't wanna end up everyone at yishun ind pk claim they r ah di wen I start asking around haha..

205/50r16 is definitely too big for front wheel arc.. It will always scrap against the wheel arc when ,akin a full turn.. I m on this size so I know. 205/45r16 or equivalent diameter advised.

Actually I was thinking if revert to 15", can use 205/50/R15based on tire diameter calculation? But dunno will 6.5" rim width make tire look buldging.

Edited by Fuelsaver

Bro, got banned wen I retorted the club owner on y I should reveal my full details in forum.

But tks for ur recommendation of mech, got his contact? I don't wanna end up everyone at yishun ind pk claim they r ah di wen I start asking around haha..

Sad to hear you have such experience with the forum. Actually you only give the forum owner yout details like contact, name and the car you drive. He is actually quite a nice guy and your info will not be posted big big in the forum (unless you choose to reveal yourself). He might even call you to chit chat that's all.

The 1 meet up rule has a long history behind. Basically we were "pranked" way back before when we first started and the authorities were involved before. Although no harm was done but imagine the inconvenience. Hence the members are wary of such repeated "pranks"....hope you understand.

i heard that manual ver R has this CEL problem .. has it been resolved already ??

No CVR manual or Auto in stock form has any known CEL problems.

Unless you are talking about modded, ECU tuned. Which depends largely on the skill of the tuner....

But then again, any mistuned cars will have CEL problems...regardless the model/brand...so it's unfair to say until like the CEL problem is a prevailing issue with all CVRs regardless stock or modded...which is untrue...

Edited by Pocus

hi intend to join the club of CPT! now checking my insurance quotation. mind asking you guys how much mileage clock in each full tank??

Assuming your CPT is stock and well maintained.

If you drive normally, full tank can give you 440 to 470km

If you drive like a crazy petrolhead boosting your turbo, full tank can give you 370 to 400km

full tank a around 37 litres. (Paper spec is 47 litre, 10 litre reserved)

Sad to hear you have such experience with the forum. Actually you only give the forum owner yout details like contact, name and the car you drive. He is actually quite a nice guy and your info will not be posted big big in the forum (unless you choose to reveal yourself). He might even call you to chit chat that's all.

The 1 meet up rule has a long history behind. Basically we were "pranked" way back before when we first started and the authorities were involved before. Although no harm was done but imagine the inconvenience. Hence the members are wary of such repeated "pranks"....hope you understand.

don't think so, it was last year's issue. u may not be aware that if i give my details on the forum itself, it could be seen by all registered users (under newbies thread), no forum that i joined required so much details. contact, name & car is ok and i would have never refused that.

if it was the prank, then i could understand why the one meetup rule applies. anyway, already been banned, and i don't intend to register again.

Edited by Fuelsaver

Assuming your CPT is stock and well maintained.

If you drive normally, full tank can give you 440 to 470km

If you drive like a crazy petrolhead boosting your turbo, full tank can give you 370 to 400km

full tank a around 37 litres. (Paper spec is 47 litre, 10 litre reserved)

mine's about 37l at low fuel warning; travelled 410 - 450km.

Edited by Fuelsaver
↡ Advertisement