Scratcher catch on camera but..........

Adrianli

Turbocharged

Actually for those sure-win type of cases, sometimes the lawyers will come and look you up, they do so for the clearcut rear-end collision types, their fees will be a cut of what they claim from the other party.

So maybe the TS can look around see which lawyer is willing to take up his case on such a no-cost-to-self arrangement.

I thought working on contingency was illegal in Singapore? Perhaps an actual laywer could clarify for me?>

↡ Advertisement

i think you are wrong.

The media is pro Gov. Dun forget who is the CEO of MediaCrop(BAI MEI YING WANG). So any implication with our man in blue is no no. Did you ever see our "Tuesday Report or Frontline" featuring our cops sleeping in the car soundly at Sembawang?

Sigh....another useless puppet [thumbsdown]

if u need lawyers, pm. rest assured they are not the branded ones which will cost arms and legs.

the one i used sued lousy lying taxi drivers for $ sucessfully.

Neutral Newbie

Adrianli, thank you for sharing with us your experience. I was wondering whether the police will take action based on captured video for mischiefs (based on your earlier post, vandalism is for multiple cars *sigh*, and maybe public properties, *sigh* *sigh*). I am looking forward to see Chong get his just desserts. And I hope that your case will set precedence to the way insurance claim works and the definition of mischief and even vandalism (maybe multiple mischiefs performed on the same property constitutes vandalism).

I read an article that Korean taxis were installed with accident cameras to avoid any disputes during accidents. It said that insurance premiums are lower for taxis with accident cameras installed. However, some wise guys will discard the recordings when they knew it was their fault.

So camera is a double-edged sword. It works for you provided you are on the right side of the law.

I saw the movie clip where Chong cut into your lane without signaling. Something similar (but no langa) also happened to me last night on my way home.

I was driving along on the RHS of 2 merging lanes entering an expressway when a pickup speedup to get in front of me. It was so close, so I brake a little. Immediately another Honda Jazz quickly squeezed in. I flashed high beam (actually at both of them) to show that I was pissed. The black Honda Jazz that cut in was so reckless. When he saw that he can't overtake anymore, he stopped on the triangular marked out area not meant for stopping.

Actually, I just collected my car last week. However, I made arrangements to install the drive camera and surveillance camera on the day of my collection because of vengeful idiots like Chong, reckless drivers like the black Honda Jazz and those social misfits with nothing better to do than to damage others' properties for cheap thrills.

I did saw DriveSurveillance but on the website, it states that it is for accident monitoring and not 24/7 surveillance. As I wanted a 24/7 surveillance, I went for ZMC instead (I almost went for EurekaPlus but because their website so ya-ya, "if your budget is below $699, don't bother to call". So I didn't call.). However, they offered me a discount for installing the accident camera, Caidrox, which has similar features as DriveSurveillance at about the same price. (Adrianli, thanks for the idea to convert the accident camera into a surveillance camera)

I am glad that I installed the accident camera because after my installation, one idiotic taxi driver who tried to U-turn before the right turn signal comes on almost rammed into my side. Two days later, I looked through the recordings and confirmed that he just continued to turn when I was approaching.

When I have time, I will go and see what the Honda Jazz did last night. Maybe I should post the picture of his car stopping illegally to the police, provided they bother to open a case. I guess they will be busy patrolling the train stations after what happened in Moscow.

Sorry for the long post, I just rambled on as I wrote. I am really sick of those sicko coward vandalists.

Adrianli, thank you for sharing with us your experience. I was wondering whether the police will take action based on captured video for mischiefs (based on your earlier post, vandalism is for multiple cars *sigh*, and maybe public properties, *sigh* *sigh*).

I did saw DriveSurveillance but on the website, it states that it is for accident monitoring and not 24/7 surveillance. As I wanted a 24/7 surveillance, I went for ZMC instead (I almost went for EurekaPlus but because their website so ya-ya, "if your budget is below $699, don't bother to call". So I didn't call.). However, they offered me a discount for installing the accident camera, Caidrox, which has similar features as DriveSurveillance at about the same price. (Adrianli, thanks for the idea to convert the accident camera into a surveillance camera)

Sorry for the long post, I just rambled on as I wrote. I am really sick of those sicko coward vandalists.

It's a good post, bro. Thanks for the info about the car cams. Would appreciate if you could PM some details of where and how much you got yours done up. So you have 24/7 recording - how do you power the gizmos?

By the way - I wouldn't put too much faith in the police taking action based on any video evidence you have, unless there is an accident and you pursue the case like bro Adrian. I say this because I have tried to be a good samaritan as well, and have previously submitted photos and video evidence of reckless driving/riding, cars cutting doubleline or chevrons to change lane, overtake or exit e'ways, taxis e-brake for no reason but just because they are a'holes; all with very clear number plates. But no action from police.

I have realised that unless you are an elite or opposition member, Singapore police unlikely to take action. Sometimes have to consider ways to enact street justice if the opportunity arises. :ph34r:

this is stupid system, maybe adrianli can take the opportunity to ask GIA to remove or modify such a stupid claim procedure.

u dont give ic... but once u claim... every party will have your full detail!

cos all the stupid ins company will put your ic, date of brith, address, company working... everything on the letter to you and every party in the claim... so everyone know everyone's ic number and address and all stuff...

unless no claim... if not even u never give ic to copy... other party will have your full detail too...

This is what I thought as well.

Can anyone else confirm this?

The police just called me. The ppl from AGC requested for all documents and evidence relating to the initial accident I had with Mr Chong. The AGC ppl are really thorough with their investigation. [thumbsup] Mr Chong will be real scared now, cos the court will know of his false accident report and claim. Not sure if Income will take action against Mr Chong for the fasle report also.

BTW to the police, if you look carefully at the CD I given to you, all documents and evidence are in the CD already!!! [furious] Still got the cheek to ask from me again and its not one CD, I given u guys three CDs in total containing all the documents + evidence. Please wake up from ur deep sleep and look at all the evidence given to you!!! [furious]

Should I call up Income to given them a hint hint on Mr Chong again??? [lipsrsealed]

Make sure the person who attend to you isn't just a customer service officer... Else NATO.

Neutral Newbie

The police just called me. The ppl from AGC requested for all documents and evidence relating to the initial accident I had with Mr Chong. The AGC ppl are really thorough with their investigation. [thumbsup] Mr Chong will be real scared now, cos the court will know of his false accident report and claim. Not sure if Income will take action against Mr Chong for the fasle report also.

BTW to the police, if you look carefully at the CD I given to you, all documents and evidence are in the CD already!!! [furious] Still got the cheek to ask from me again and its not one CD, I given u guys three CDs in total containing all the documents + evidence. Please wake up from ur deep sleep and look at all the evidence given to you!!! [furious]

Should I call up Income to given them a hint hint on Mr Chong again??? [lipsrsealed]

Just make sure you "hang" on to all the ORIGINAL document unless specifically requested.

Adrianli, thank you for sharing with us your experience. I was wondering whether the police will take action based on captured video for mischiefs (based on your earlier post..........................

When I have time, I will go and see what the Honda Jazz did last night. Maybe I should post the picture of his car stopping illegally to the police, provided they bother to open a case. I guess they will be busy patrolling the train stations after what happened in Moscow.

Buddy,that honda jazz stop for awhile to let u pass or the driver gets down? wonder why he wanna stop there ? :)

Neutral Newbie

Buddy,that honda jazz stop for awhile to let u pass or the driver gets down? wonder why he wanna stop there ? :)

No, he cut in from my left. Then he try to overtake the others by driving on the chevron markings. However, he couldn't enter the expressway and had to stop there. He still couldn't enter the expressway when I was about to pass by him.

Neutral Newbie

hai police in Singapore really have no good experience man....

this is what happen to me!

One day i got a phone call from some private number tell me that i miss a court summon on some money laudering case and this is a very offence the inspector in charge will give me a call soon. The within 5 mins a guy call up also private number telling me his from cantoment CID HQ with some officer name and tell me that i will be charge with assisting in money laudering case as i didn't turn up in court to deny it.

He ask me to go down to the CID Cantonment complex with all IC, Passport and all my bank account to assist in investigation. I was totally loss by now so i call up my dad and told him what happen feeling that this is a very serious case. We call our lawyer then found out that likely this is a conman call as we are unlikely to miss court summon as usually it will be given to you "by hand" so we advice us to call back Cantonment and look for that officer.

I called back through the main line and found out that the officer which i spoke to doesn't exist at all. The person on the phone tell me this is likely to be a punk call so no need to worry about. i feel that i have to log a report in case there is anything issue after that i will be covered. The police officer at Marine Parade tell me that a IO will call me and likely that will need to go through the record of my phone line to find out what happen.

i waited till today nothing happens and i call back once that they told me that they are looking into the case. Here is the best part few days later in Channelnewasia there is a case reported that some folk was con with a lump sum of money in the same way.

The victim reaches the complex and was stop half way near the door and pull to one side and ask to pay some money to get themselves out of the court summon case.

If they have taken a look into this issues i think this kind of case wouldn't have happen.

I have made an appointment with The Law Society of Singapore for their free legal advice session. I will see how it goes and what the lawyer is going to advise me.

Bro,

While they will give free legal advice, they will not do work for free. (there is a distinction between advice and work.)

at the end of the day, you may wish to consider this method (apart from getting free legal advice):

1) proceed to small claims tribunal (they have a certain upper limit sum but i am not sure what is the limit) (you may have to wait for chong to be convicted

2) submit claim to small claims tribunal

3) if chong dont pay, engage sub-court baliff to seize chong's properties