Illegal Mod car's worst fear

Mustank

Interestingly enough the photograph there shows a Ford Sierra Cosworth... guess no one would be sending their cars for inspections through their workshops anytime soon.

In the newspaper edition it was reported that 4 of the inspectors admitted it to their company and have been sacked. The remaining 2 have been suspended. The 4 who admitted sure will get it from the CPIB.

The article does raise a valid point however - LTA's regulations are excessively stringent.

Supercharged

Seriously it is about time since many hv raised abt such vehicles that ply the roads. Wonder if those workshops will be penalized or not?

This was a big news last week...lots of workshop people kenna call up to CPIB lim kopi.

CPIB out to get these inspectors....heard they started building the case since 2007 !!

I heard from my mech that there is a list of cars that were asked to report back for extra inspection.

Those are most likely the ones that were waived pass the inspection.

No wonder these days I hear less "zoom zoom" in my neighbourhood this week.

how to penalise workshop? i think cannot lah

i rmb last time workshop all 'secretly' display their mods. some even state that their goods only for export so they wun be responsible when someone buy from them.

but now just look at those stoopid hot stuff mag with CMI models. 3/4 of it is poison telling u to mod this mod that.

Neutral Newbie

In a Bribery case, all 3 parties will kenna.......

1. The technician at the inspection center who pocket the money

2. The workshop who broker the deal between car owner and inspection center.

Workshop guy probably pockets some as commission.

3. The car owner who coughs up the cash.

Heard quite a few big name workshops also called for kopi session with CPIB. About 300 pple involved/investigated......

Neutral Newbie

If not mistaken, those HID light are not allowed in SG and how still so many cars are having it....... :ph34r::ph34r:

HIDs are allowed provided they are factory fitted & comes originally with the car. Btw nowadays lotsa models come originally with HIDs le

Turbocharged

LTA should also check on those staff that handle car inspection (Car evaluation service).

I believe many also pa-kat with workshop to give a 5-star rating report.

huh only now?

this practice have been going on since i got my first vehicle in 1993

few years back at vicom kaki bukit i witness a bike on a lorry, probably to sent in for inspection was not even unload from the lorry.

STA at sing ming they target is probably because there are many car workshop down there

i heard the rate is $50 per 'inspection'

:o sad no more lobang. old group dun go, new group cant flourish, after the dust has settled, someone will still take over the helm because there is no way every car out there is going to pass lta inspections!

If not mistaken, those HID light are not allowed in SG and how still so many cars are having it....... :ph34r::ph34r:

time to revert your PICNIC back to PICANTO liao... if not inspection FAIL [laugh]

Will there be lack of inspectors in the coming month? I have to sent my car within the month for inspection, afraid of long waiting time if there are lesser inspectors.

This was a big news last week...lots of workshop people kenna call up to CPIB lim kopi.

CPIB out to get these inspectors....heard they started building the case since 2007 !!

Remembered how one member expressed fear because a taxi driver noted down his vehicle number? Some of these TP/LTA could be driving a cab to catch them.

↡ Advertisement