Shell? Esso? Mobil? Caltex? SPC

Melvinyuen

Shell? Esso? Mobil? Caltex? SPC  

401 members have voted

1. 1. which petrol gives your ride the best milage?

• shell
    • esso
    • mobil
    • caltex
    • spc

After doing some search on Singapore fuel, conclude that all petrol in Singapore are subjected to regulation after July 2017. All fuel must contain not more than 1 per cent of benzene, 10 ppm sulphur, etc. I don't see why higher Ron fuel can give better performance when all petrol grade content not more than 1% benzene. In th past, better fuel always have higher benzene content which give better octance and performance. Therefore higher octance fuel only prevent engine knock and nothing else. With the new regulation, every fuel brand more or less are having similar quality petrol in Singapore now.

I guess will just follow manufacturer recommendation on fuel Ron requirement.

Edited by kopfan
↡ Advertisement

Actually v power and 98 not really much diff. But 98 to 95 got diff

The diff is in power and fc

Yup. Noticed it very much. Suddenly pickup is faster and smoother. FC 'surpass' advertised, though according to the car's readout.

I fuel ten less often in a month though.

Did i say fuel ten?

After doing some search on Singapore fuel, conclude that all petrol in Singapore are subjected to regulation after July 2017. All fuel must contain not more than 1 per cent of benzene, 10 ppm sulphur, etc. I don't see why higher Ron fuel can give better performance when all petrol grade content not more than 1% benzene. In th past, better fuel always have higher benzene content which give better octance and performance. Therefore higher octance fuel only prevent engine knock and nothing else. With the new regulation, every fuel brand more or less are having similar quality petrol in Singapore now.

Maybe that's why boleh fuel butt-feels more power?
  • Praise 1

Maybe that's why boleh fuel butt-feels more power?

Could be the reason for boleh fuel to have higher octane than 98. If boleh fuel do contain higher content of sulphur as well, it is quite harmful to engine.

IMHO.

If the vehicle supports higher octane fuel,  the ignition timing can be advanced resulting in better performance. 

On 6/7/2023 at 9:51 PM, metalstream said:

Shell fuel is apparently not that clean and definitely not the cleanest - https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65820813

*Source - British Broadcasting Corporation News

You may wanna reread and understand the article.. it’s about clean energy and low carbon energy products and not how clean their fuel is..

• Praise 1