How will COE increase affect resale price

Pckwpckw

Neutral Newbie

Can any one advise as resale price is a old coe , how can price increase affect resale car price.

↡ Advertisement

Can any one advise as resale price is a old coe , how can price increase affect resale car price.

simple economics of supply and demand???

people who find brand new cars too ex, will probably turn to 2nd hand as an option...

with more people doing so, demand increases, while supply remains...

so the same thing with how the gahmen controls the quota (and hence COE prices) is indirectly applied to used car market...

cheers...

I think it will be one to one ratio increase. The car market in Singapore is limited by the quota.

So the second hands cars will also be in limited quantity. In fact less people will want to sell their old car. Thereby creating a limited numbers of old cars on the market.

This viviois cycle will drive the old car prices up up and away.

mean the dealer will still buy from u at paper + body...

but sell to others paper + body + alot more premium+++ ...

I think it will be one to one ratio increase. The car market in Singapore is limited by the quota.

So the second hands cars will also be in limited quantity. In fact less people will want to sell their old car. Thereby creating a limited numbers of old cars on the market.

This viviois cycle will drive the old car prices up up and away.

based on the 90s experience... toyota corona 1.6 @ $120k also got ppl buy...

so if COE still back to the $45k peak again... still gt demand one...

i might be wrong but i don't think COE price hike will deter people to buy cars or reduce car population on SG roads significantly.

someone who needs a car, will get the car.

if initially wanted toyota altis, due to COE increment, will buy a lesser car.

if initially wanted c-class, due to COE increment, may opt for a slightly cheaper car.

only those initially wanted a very cheap / low-priced car, will be affected.. but them alone, not enough to see an improvement to our traffic conditions.

Coe quota are fully taken up every moth since day one!

I agree peope will still buy cars at any high prices in future.

But the short term reactive outcome will be more people rushig to book a car this weekends.

And those already with cars will hang on their old cars.

In the next few months, the scrap car numbers will drop greatly!

The replacement quota will also drop greatly.

This vicious cycle will be interesting to watch.

I predict it will drive Coe up above $100k within six months.

Everyone I know have made lots of money in stocks and all their properties are on paper 100% profit. This feel good feelings will induce them to spend more on cars and luxury no matter what's the price.

Twincharged

Ya. My dad was one of those who bought the 120k corona. But because he had no choice. He needed a car.

Ya,

I was one of the sillyporean that bought a 4yr old corona at 83K in late 1997 when COE at that month was 60K!! Thinking back now, really kam lan.... <_<

So my advice is whoever has intention to get a used car now, quickly get it even if it cost a few Ks more after the current COE result before it starts shooting up in the next few months. If not, abandon the plan

Used car dealers peg their prices to new cars.

Just watch how the used car prices in sgcarmart fluctuate and you'll understand.

Mind you, the used car they bought is just Paper + Body.

It has always been the case...new car sales DOWN, used car sales go UP and vice versa.

Car Owners in SG are ALL suckers, just a matter whether you have enough excess to let them suck.

Edited by Alim

Ya,

I was one of the sillyporean that bought a 4yr old corona at 83K in late 1997 when COE at that month was 60K!! Thinking back now, really kam lan.... <_<

So my advice is whoever has intention to get a used car now, quickly get it even if it cost a few Ks more after the current COE result before it starts shooting up in the next few months. If not, abandon the plan

u r nt alone.. my home also got 2... my 2 elder brother bought a lancer n sunny vip during tat time too... [shakehead]

Zzzz

All the STIs i aiming in SG Car Mart from 40+k jump to 50+k already

Damn the 2nd hand car dealers

thats how these people survive. nothing to be surprised about.

Zzzz

All the STIs i aiming in SG Car Mart from 40+k jump to 50+k already

Damn the 2nd hand car dealers

In inflationary times,

the faster you buy the cheaper price you pay! :D

For cars, condos, hdb etc.

Yes, 2nd hand car market price will go up. Thats because more people will turn to 2nd hand cars as new ones are either not available or too expensive.

More demand means higher prices.

Yep, already in the papers front page today! Dealers will up their prices by $5k - $7k on their existing stock of cars. It's a sellers' market now, so those planning to sell can hold out for mo money from the buyer [;)]

The papers also reported that if you bought a Toyota Wish in '07 for $62k, you can sell it today for $62k...NO depreciation! [hur] Really meh??

↡ Advertisement