Kok Kee's wonton noodle is worth the wait

Blackseal

Nothing special abt lavender wanton mee.

I eat 1 time n nv go bk. Waste $ + time.

Fei fei worse. Omg s--t noodles.

The. Jb 1 wit long Que, s--t the noodles u can only taste chilli . nothing else.

I like kallang airport 1, the 1 wit red board without led Que number.

But the fu(king boss, face alway black. Knn.

taste too sweet for my liking.............

My exact sentiments. I think the sweetness come from their sauce. To me, the taste are simply so-so.

The noodle not very Q. A bit too soggy for me.

Their wanton are not as nice as Pontian wanton noodle.

Coupled with the long q and the price, I tried it twice and never try it again.

There is one very nice wanton mee stall which is situated at tembling road but the boss's face also black black. Try their chicken feet. Damn nice but sold out very fast. Must be there early in the morning. The waiting time? 30 mins or so.

Another wanton mee stall in Duman food center is nice as well. Should try the chilli. Damn hot.

Anyway, back to Lavendar food court, I like their beef noodle. One of the best in Singapore. Strangely enough, That is the only food that I crave to eat after suffering from H1N1 last year. Haha

I once asked them why theirs cost more....they told me they only use premium char siew....quite true as no fats at all....but then again....good things are never cheap...well as long as it's not S$10 per plate...I think it's still not too rich for my blood....for the time being...

Ya their noodle is Q, and no alkaline water, unlike those noodle that had their treatment to be able to preserve longer if can't sell out.

But, I don really like this store, specifically because of their "premium" char siew. I think I belong to those generation where char siew need to be half fat half thin. lagi best if can have a bit of those black black burn at the side [inlove]

lastly, the queue is [rifle] and the price is [knife]

the best wonton noodle in my 40 years of eating noodles, is only one place : Ho Seng Kee noodles of JB.

They are located near Holiday Plaza, and if you walk-in, you need to wait at least 30-45 minutes.

They are so good, there is even an imitator a street away called Ho Meng Kee trying to sell the same thing.

In Ho Seng Kee noodles, the taste lies in the noodle itsself...there is very little seasoning or gravy.

Once you try it..the rest are all sub standard.

YES! this is the best! (if to compare with sg). except that stretch of road, if wrong timing, quite hard to park. and a lot of stone! kana stretches once [bigcry] Other then this, another one of the same standard is at Kulai, opposite the Shell station (old You Ming location). and seem like malaysia store (not include those hawker or shopping center food court) more often then sg to use those no-reserve noodle

I like kallang airport 1, the 1 wit red board without led Que number.

But the fu(king boss, face alway black. Knn.

Me too!!! Tried both and I prefer the red board one. But both always black face one. So I gave up on them! [laugh]

i love the wanton mee there very much... dun care abt the long waits or even some bad comments (maybe by red eyed ppl)... i will still continue to patronise...

lavender food court,

the beef noodle stall

not too bad

but if u observe carefully...

the uncle taking order, is nice

but the problem with his wife who does the cooking

always kpkb one while cooking

a few times i ate there,

q up that time

they got employ china lady as kitchen helpers

i pity the china ladies

kena F upside down by the lady boss( while the lady boss cooking)...

say why so slow, why do this, why no initiative, why do that

she talks more than she cook and thats one of the main reason why the cooking took up a fair bit of time...

damned

sorry, what i meant is the one at JB near holiday plaza

Opposite Holiday Plaza, there is a road up a small hill. There is a Caltex station at the top of that slope.

Ho Seng Kee is located in front of that Caltex station. Once you found Caltex, just scan around...sign board very big one.

In the old days, they used to sell in the town area itself. After 30 years, the son is helping the father now. The son can speak very good english.

But be prepared to wait if you go there. The moment you enter the shop, they will tell you at least 30 minutes wait...and that's if you are lucky.

Kok Kee wait not that bad imo. Been eating before they become to popular till now. Loves their wanton mee and shui jiao!! Best!! But.... V little & costly.

The wait is normal but the prob is the super slow motion preparation of food...there r just too many wanton mee stalls that r better than them.

The wait is normal but the prob is the super slow motion preparation of food...there r just too many wanton mee stalls that r better than them.

You sure? Can list a few?

But there is once I ate the wanton mee 1 2 months ago opp Thmson Medical centre. I was surprised to see that the wanton mee is white in colour, meaning pale. I thought it should be default with chili, but this one not. I have my first bite, and to my another surprise, the wanton mee taste wonderful. The fragrant of the lard was great! Anyone tried?

The second time I went, don't know they add chili, and don't taste as good.

You sure? Can list a few?

But there is once I ate the wanton mee 1 2 months ago opp Thmson Medical centre. I was surprised to see that the wanton mee is white in colour, meaning pale. I thought it should be default with chili, but this one not. I have my first bite, and to my another surprise, the wanton mee taste wonderful. The fragrant of the lard was great! Anyone tried?

The second time I went, don't know they add chili, and don't taste as good.

Wanton mee -

1) Golden shoe level 2 (1st Row on the side of UOB Plaza)

2) TPY blk 210 Food Centre - Hougang XXX wanton mee

3) Tiong Bahru FC - the 2 x stalls (i) beside Koh Bro Zhu Zar Tang (ii) near to Tiong Bahru Bao side

4) this will go on forever....there's no end to it......

Turbocharged

wanton mee everywhere also got good one.

I like the one at my AMK market near YCK MRT. Queue is also very long. Sometimes even weekdays at 930am still long queue....

They don't increase price one leh. $2.50 for one and it taste better than the other stall selling at $3. Sometimes I wish they will raise the price to $4 so no need to wait....

I once asked them why theirs cost more....they told me they only use premium char siew....quite true as no fats at all....but then again....good things are never cheap...well as long as it's not S$10 per plate...I think it's still not too rich for my blood....for the time being...

char siew not fats where got nice??

but i ate theirs b4... no bad though... honestly i needed 2 serving to satisfiy myself....

suddenly got a craving for it while reading e post sia.... maybe go visit tonite

↡ Advertisement