My 2nd hand 4 year old Vios Brake faulty ??

Whywhy68

Neutral Newbie

recently bought a red Vios from a 2nd hand dealer.. the car is 4 year old..

this is my first car which is a Auto gear car.. previously during learning. all the while was using manual car..

I realise there is some issue with the brake can anyone advice..

1) 80% of the times when the car stop & i pull the handbrake at the traffic junction.. there is a "grrrrrr" sound.

2) during driving when i step on the footbrake sometimes i feel there is a obstruction on the brake, like there is a opposing force prevent me from stepping on the brake.

Therefore i like to ask if it's normal tat way in a Autogear Vios car or isit my brake facing some problems?

Edited by Whywhy68
↡ Advertisement

Your 1st problem is probably due to the handbrake what either need to be engage more or need to be adjusted. Your 2nd problem, looks like brake fulid need to be replaced and bleed again...or something wrong with the brake pump.

go check wif the mech. ur handbrake never pull high enough and in D its always in the move. the 2nd one i haf no idea. most likely wear and tear. i bet u must be thinking its toyota problem? keke.

its a real work horse. the fc for the auto version is surprisingly good too. i just achieved my best ever tank, 575km on 36.26l of petrol.

Neutral Newbie

Your 1st problem is probably due to the handbrake what either need to be engage more or need to be adjusted. Your 2nd problem, looks like brake fulid need to be replaced and bleed again...or something wrong with the brake pump.

so what is the cost for problem 1 & problem 2 ?

Neutral Newbie

go check wif the mech. ur handbrake never pull high enough and in D its always in the move. the 2nd one i haf no idea. most likely wear and tear. i bet u must be thinking its toyota problem? keke.

for the 2nd problem , i tot it's my toyota got problem like what happen overseas..

For 1st problem, what you mean by handbrake never pull high enough & in D mode? i dont get you..

Neutral Newbie

No idea.....my guess is around $80-$200 (if don't have to replace brake pump).

$80 to $200 for both problem or each problem?

brake pump cost hw much? can i still drag till next servicing which is around 4000km away?

i mean u put into D, the car is like forever on half clutch ma. will move. sometimes u use handbrake u might hear the grrrr sound. just pull alittle higher will do. also dun bother to put it to netural at the traffic lights. lesser wear and tear to ur gearbox.

side track abit, cuz last time i drove manual car and very used to engine brake. nw sometimes when i take corner or need to brake hard, i make use of the O/D to drop gear for engine brake. does it strain the gearbox? i'm new to AT too. haha

actually advisable to do ur own servicing when u get ur car. do take note of the ATF. if need to be replaced just change it ba.

but i also lazy la. i bought my 2nd hand vios in jan and only did the servicing last week nia. clocked abt 5000km+

Neutral Newbie

i mean u put into D, the car is like forever on half clutch ma. will move. sometimes u use handbrake u might hear the grrrr sound. just pull alittle higher will do. also dun bother to put it to netural at the traffic lights. lesser wear and tear to ur gearbox.

side track abit, cuz last time i drove manual car and very used to engine brake. nw sometimes when i take corner or need to brake hard, i make use of the O/D to drop gear for engine brake. does it strain the gearbox? i'm new to AT too. haha

ya hor.. what is the function of the O/D ?

at traffic junction i always pull handbrake & change to D mode. u mean like tat change to D mode will spoil the gearbox easily?? pls advice..

Neutral Newbie

actually advisable to do ur own servicing when u get ur car. do take note of the ATF. if need to be replaced just change it ba.

but i also lazy la. i bought my 2nd hand vios in jan and only did the servicing last week nia. clocked abt 5000km+

what is ATF means? sorry i new towards car.. can advice me all those short form?

$80 to $200 for both problem or each problem?

brake pump cost hw much? can i still drag till next servicing which is around 4000km away?

For both. Really not sure about the cost of a brake pump. I am not 100% sure if your have these problem....just my guess. Better to let a trusted mech have a look at it. Brake is important....

Neutral Newbie

bro its a 4 year old model so don't think will be like what is happening recently..

best check with mechanic for the problems..

any mechanic to recommend? roughly hw much cost is needed ?

Neutral Newbie

For both. Really not sure about the cost of a brake pump. I am not 100% sure if your have these problem....just my guess. Better to let a trusted mech have a look at it. Brake is important....

any workshop to recommend?

what is ATF means? sorry i new towards car.. can advice me all those short form?

ATF=automatic transmission fluid

O/D is overdrive..if i'm not wrong, it prevents the gear to go up to the 4th gear..this is to my knowledge only..

if i pull handbrake at the traffic lights, i will always switch to neutral before doing it. den release handbrake den change to D to move off...but i don't usually do it, just leave it in D and step brake la..haha

Edited by Pentrain
↡ Advertisement