HELP: Basic ICE setup for $1500?

Jl255

Need some help for a simple ICE setup with budget of $1500.

Think I shld get a HU first followed by speakers, is that right?

How about the PIONEER P4150?

No idea on speakers.

Would really appreciate some advice on direction. TKs!

↡ Advertisement

S$1500 is a good sum for a basic setup.

I recently change my audio too, only spent S$660, but mine is really basic. I kept the head unit, and only change the front speakers to a set of Pioneer Component speakers, and added a Steelmate active subwoofer under the seat. For me, that is more than enough. :)

Alternatively, you can go to the Pioneer website to download the car audio brochure to have a look.

Otherwise, go to a bookstore and buy the 'Hotstuff' magazine, where you will find a lot of information.

Have fun!

Neutral Newbie

mm, maybe mine would help?

My set up just recently done:

Pioneer deh-7250sd (export set): $304

Rockford fosgate t400-4 (export set): $550

EFX hexxad RCA cables (2 pairs): $240

Helix e136 2 way comps (export set): $360

speaker wires + wiring: $150

Universal steering remote: $65

Rockford Fosgate 12" P1: $260

End Result: Strong Punchy base, Bright but not sharp vocals, Clear Instrumentals.

1. Speakers

2. HU

3. Amp

4. Wiring

Reason is simple: No matter how good your other components are, what you initially encounter (hear) is always from the speakers.

Imagine the F1, Genny amps and Van den Hul wires. and then stock speakers. What you will hear is somewhat ok music from stock speakers.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, sorry for crashing in

i faced the same problem a newbie here. i went to this workshop recommended by people on sgcarmart. they recommended me this setup all for 850. wonder is it worth it?

pioneer 6050 head unit

2 sony Xs Gtf 1625B speakers in the rear

Yelew Ye-1068 sub woofer

Pioneer TSA 1702c with tweeters in the front.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just fixed my ICE system.Cost me $1.7k..

Head unit : Pioneer DEH-5250SD

Speakers : Rainbow front, back and tweeters

Amplifier : Sony 600W Xplod amp

Subwoofer : Hanma Subwoofer

Cables : Monster cables

i faced the same problem a newbie here. i went to this workshop recommended by people on sgcarmart. they recommended me this setup all for 850. wonder is it worth it?

pioneer 6050 head unit

Yelew Ye-1068 sub woofer

That's the Pioneer speakers that I'm using, they sound pretty good. This setup is something like mine, so I guess it is okay. I'm not the type that need to announce my arrival from a 100m away, so I'm happy with just a component speakers and a subwoofer. :)

For a budget installation, shop for the compnents and install them at Sim Lim Tower.

Edited by Codename-Hitman

Neutral Newbie

Need some help for a simple ICE setup with budget of $1500.

Think I shld get a HU first followed by speakers, is that right?

How about the PIONEER P4150?

No idea on speakers.

Would really appreciate some advice on direction. TKs!

i think $1500 is a lot of money for a basic setup. Mine is only around 1K when i got mine.

(edited)

1.5K if with head unit should not be a problem...don't expect boom boom boom sound lah...

recently, i just did a mini upgrade for mine as well....here's the history about it....

when i got the car, all i want is a working HU...so i got it replaced with a cheap pioneer one....got USB and IPOD, not bad...single DIN for $400....

then speaker also gone, never mind...i change to a set of rainbow speaker...think it's 5 1/4" type....reasonable lah @ $350 ( later than i realise i kenna chopped), got sound but got to blast it up to 15-18 cos my car no damping or insulation....very raw....

after that, i came to know this workshop which price really reasonable...the boss told me my rear speaker also gone liao...so change lah...again, my requirement very simple...can listen can liao...plus don't add additional weight...so i got a JBL speaker...not bad lah, quite punchy..this one cost me only $200

3 months down the road, i had a strong desire for 7" DVD unit and AVH 4150 is really the one that i eyeing for....so i decided ok lah, let's trade in my old one and get the new one....so i got it for $900....on top of that, i also tell him i want more punch, but don't want to add weight to my car...give me something reasonable....and then he recommended me a target brand active subwoofer cost at $250 (autobac think selling at $300 plus $400)....hide underneath the seat....it's actually quite cool leh... and really bring up the music alot plus my HU lah...so now I'm really very pleased with the setup....

my previous ride, i use to spend alot on HU/amp/capacitor/crossover....but then at the end of the day, still have to go one lah...so this time, i'm quite contended with above setup....so as long enough to drown my engine sound can liao....but unlikely lah....cos i like VTEC!!!

Edited by Turtlekar

pioneer 6050 head unit

Yelew Ye-1068 sub woofer

i think you have to budget about $300 to soundproof the door. there is no point in having a good system to create vibrations in the door.

1.5K if with head unit should not be a problem...don't expect boom boom boom sound lah...

recently, i just did a mini upgrade for mine as well....here's the history about it....

when i got the car, all i want is a working HU...so i got it replaced with a cheap pioneer one....got USB and IPOD, not bad...single DIN for $400....

then speaker also gone, never mind...i change to a set of rainbow speaker...think it's 5 1/4" type....reasonable lah @ $350 ( later than i realise i kenna chopped), got sound but got to blast it up to 15-18 cos my car no damping or insulation....very raw....

after that, i came to know this workshop which price really reasonable...the boss told me my rear speaker also gone liao...so change lah...again, my requirement very simple...can listen can liao...plus don't add additional weight...so i got a JBL speaker...not bad lah, quite punchy..this one cost me only $200

3 months down the road, i had a strong desire for 7" DVD unit and AVH 4150 is really the one that i eyeing for....so i decided ok lah, let's trade in my old one and get the new one....so i got it for $900....on top of that, i also tell him i want more punch, but don't want to add weight to my car...give me something reasonable....and then he recommended me a target brand active subwoofer cost at $250 (autobac think selling at $300 plus $400)....hide underneath the seat....it's actually quite cool leh... and really bring up the music alot plus my HU lah...so now I'm really very pleased with the setup....

my previous ride, i use to spend alot on HU/amp/capacitor/crossover....but then at the end of the day, still have to go one lah...so this time, i'm quite contended with above setup....so as long enough to drown my engine sound can liao....but unlikely lah....cos i like VTEC!!!

It is a slow, patient but enjoyable process.... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

hmmm i think i only have the basic sound proof which comes with original car. got it done at Tunning auto at turf city...apparently its recommended from sgcar

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros an sistas,

Im a noobie in ICE. I was recently quoted by an audio shop for a Blitz 8" active subwoofer and Hertz ESK 165 component speakers for $250 and $338 respectively - inclusive of installation. Is this price reasonable?

Hi bros an sistas,

Im a noobie in ICE. I was recently quoted by an audio shop for a Blitz 8" active subwoofer and Hertz ESK 165 component speakers for $250 and $338 respectively - inclusive of installation. Is this price reasonable?

some shops have poor workmanship. be careful. anyway which shop is that?

Neutral Newbie

Dunno whether it's appropriate to mention the shop name here. This shop has good review @ sgsoundsystem. I just want to know whether I kanna carrot. I got another quote today inclusive installation + tuning for audison SRx 2ch amp, 8" active sub and ESK 165 comp for 1K. Should I go for it?

Go to a good ICE shop - I can recommend Foon Car Audio along MacPherson Road - honest guy from whom I got mine.

Heard good reviews about this shop. Will swing by one day.

↡ Advertisement