There are a few measures which i am disappointed .

Mike1234

Firstly, i will comment on the new MOM foreign rule......

Yes, it may result more Singaporeans to be employed but however, more problems will be resulted:

Problem 1: As stricter and tighter rules which result lesser foreign workers are able to work in Singapore.....Thus imagine a workload of carrying a table which may requires 4 person will have a lesser person which is 3 person carrying a table. Thus more workload will be placed onto those workers.......

Problem 2: The salary of the job scope is usually not attractive and also people doesn't want to do type....As a result, companies will have to rely on foreign workers as a result. With lesser foreign workers available, how are these companies able to survive with limited workers?

Problem 3: Yes, lesser worker may result in more output by each individual as they are given more tasks to do. But with limited workers around, how are the companies going to cope when the workers are sick, leave or other reasons,etc? Doesn't this create unnecessary problems for the companies?

Secondly, i will comment on the ruling of the HDB measure......

Most of the Singaporeans are living in HDB........

Problem 1: With parents working and also the children whom had grown up and entered workforce.......It is most likely that the combined household will exceed the cap.....

Problem 2: In the area of new flats which are built ( mostly Sengkang, that area).....Accessibility is a major problem.....How on earth are they heading to town or CBD areas for work/leisure,etc? So most people are still unwillingly to move over there .

Problem 3: HDB are allowing many PRs to buy flats....As a result, many of these people have bought a HDB apartment and continue working for the next 3 years.....When they have earned enough, they sold away the flats for profit and eventually left Singapore with a huge sum of money......

( i strongly feel that PRs should only allowed to rent flats/apartments within the first 3 years of their stay, thereafter living in Singapore for at least 3 years, they are then allowed to buy)

Thirdly, i will comment on the transport system in Singapore.....

Yes, it may seem to be a world-class system

Problem 1: With government's "efforts" of forcing people to disown cars, many have turn into public transport as a result. With millions of commuters everyday......And with limited services , can you imagine how packed is the train/ bus?

Problem 2: The transport system in Singapore is still lacking of accessibility..... How are people going over Sengkang from the West/East through MRT? I strongly feel that MRT lines should be fully integrated where there will be interchange in the north and north east.

Problem 3: Jurong East interchange are forever packed.......Especially the peak hours where i am rushing to meet someone, i missed three trains due to overwhelming crowds( i am not exaggerating) .

Problem 4: Buses are always not on schedule and late. Furthermore, they are very slow and had to stop almost every single stops due to many people boarding.......

Problem 5: MRT also had to stop almost every single stops.....I seriously hope that there will be an interchange over the North, North East which are linked over the West, East and also the South and the Central.....By this, there will be a larger Circle line and allowed people to move over to the other side of Singapore faster and more efficiently.....

Fourthly,

I will like to comment over the COE prices

Problem 1: Please think of people whom really need to use the cars....There are deliveryman, store man ( checking stocks around the branches), sales, managers,etc.......They really need to use cars urgently....They cant just use the slow public transport.......

Problem 2: I refer that the government should look into the people who use cars on the road instead of having how many cars in total....There are people who owned cars and do not use them.....example, OPC cars......

Problem 3: With high expenses over on the road tax, insurance, ERP, petrol......I dont see why the government is doing anything to help people whom really needs to use cars and letting families owning at least a car for a family outing,etc......

Problem 4: Causing unnecessary problems for dealers.....I can already tell that they will most likely not be earning alot compared to a few years ago.....I hope that the government understands that with no Sales, it means no profit.......And no profit, dealers are making a huge loss with high expenses being not enough to covered......Many people will be losing jobs due to this......( Ranging for dealers to spare parts, accessories, tyres/battery services,etc.......)

Fifth,

I would like to comment on the Citizenship of Singaporeans/ PRs....

With government 's aim to push the whole population to a few more millions, thus more people will be "welcomed" in......

Problem 1: There are people who actually took advantage of some of these measures and actually benefited them.....They are actually not willingly to stay over here over a permanent move,etc......

Problem 2: With a small size and already expecting overcrowding problems. I dont see why there should be an increase of the populations instead?

Problem 3: With government's effort to increasing more population through granting the Singapore citizenship, PRS ......The government actually forgotten about encouraging more babies to boast and increase the fertility rate of Singapore......

Sixth,

Singapore has a lack talents over in sports like table tennis, football,etc.....

Problem 1: More foreign talents are been exploited as a result.....I am not trying to say this will actually not help to raise the standards of the team but actually we will be over-relying on them

Problem 2: Singapore has a lacked of infrastructure for youth development.....Most players don't even had the basics right and had already been trained on a higher level.....The real problem is, if you dont know how to walk properly.....No matter how hard/fast you try running, most likely you will fall........Thus, more efforts should be groom onto the youth whom are as young as 7 years old......

Problem 3: Most foreigners are actually unwillingly to play for Singapore.....Alot of foreign players had left the national team and moved else where.....If they dont have the heart to play for Singapore, i dont think any sports of Singapore will go any further.......

Lastly,

I would like to comment on the Pay -TV plan

I think government should set a standard marking where channels are actually available on both Starhub and Singtel........

Pardon me if you dont understand what i am trying to explain.....Ok , i shall use an analogy to explain this.....

SMRT and SBS are two different bus/Mrt/Lrt companies......However, we do not need to have two individual cards to actually board and alight the buses and the MRT/LRTs....

So i am trying to say that there should be a standard platform for both companies.......

It doesnt matter which platforms whichever companies used, because , were you charged over a higher rate of bus-tickets when you board a new bus from SBS ? Or a lower rate if you board a older buses from SMRT?.......No, it doesnt make sense, isn't it?

Note to all: I am trying to be neutral and trying to provide good feedback and comments by some measures....I am no supporters of any "anti-government" groups nor parties.......I am not trying to condemn what government had done but how each measures should actually be looked into more deeply.....

↡ Advertisement

Your comments are common as with many others.

But there is nothing you can do except to get out of Singapore if you cannot accept all these measures.

Yes, it may result more Singaporeans to be employed but however, more problems will be resulted:

Problem 1: As stricter and tighter rules which result lesser foreign workers are able to work in Singapore.....Thus imagine a workload of carrying a table which may requires 4 person will have a lesser person which is 3 person carrying a table. Thus more workload will be placed onto those workers.......

Problem 2: The salary of the job scope is usually not attractive and also people doesn't want to do type....As a result, companies will have to rely on foreign workers as a result. With lesser foreign workers available, how are these companies able to survive with limited workers?

Problem 3: Yes, lesser worker may result in more output by each individual as they are given more tasks to do. But with limited workers around, how are the companies going to cope when the workers are sick, leave or other reasons,etc? Doesn't this create unnecessary problems for the companies?

You're assuming that there will be less workers. The reduced foreign worker limitations is so that we singaporeans can take over the jobs.

This way, the unemployed singaporeans have no excuse to say that there is no work for them. They need to stop being so soft, and do what is needed to survive.

This also has another effect. With employers having less choice in workers, the market start tilting less in their favour.

Problem 1: With parents working and also the children whom had grown up and entered workforce.......It is most likely that the combined household will exceed the cap.....

I think this is to cater to young families.

Problem 2: In the area of new flats which are built ( mostly Sengkang, that area).....Accessibility is a major problem.....How on earth are they heading to town or CBD areas for work/leisure,etc? So most people are still unwillingly to move over there.

Isnt the KPE-ECP good enough to get into the CBD? Not to mention they have the LRT + MRT as an option.

Problem 3: HDB are allowing many PRs to buy flats....As a result, many of these people have bought a HDB apartment and continue working for the next 3 years.....When they have earned enough, they sold away the flats for profit and eventually left Singapore with a huge sum of money......

( i strongly feel that PRs should only allowed to rent flats/apartments within the first 3 years of their stay, thereafter living in Singapore for at least 3 years, they are then allowed to buy)

This is a very good idea [thumbsup]

Problem 1: With government's "efforts" of forcing people to disown cars, many have turn into public transport as a result. With millions of commuters everyday......And with limited services , can you imagine how packed is the train/ bus?

Problem 2: The transport system in Singapore is still lacking of accessibility..... How are people going over Sengkang from the West/East through MRT? I strongly feel that MRT lines should be fully integrated where there will be interchange in the north and north east.

Isnt the govt going to take some control back from the service providers??? i.e. control bus routes, etc? Anyway, it's supposed to be a combined way of using trains and busses + walking, not just the MRT

Problem 3: Jurong East interchange are forever packed.......Especially the peak hours where i am rushing to meet someone, i missed three trains due to overwhelming crowds( i am not exaggerating) .

This is the peak hour norm in most countries. Maybe the idea is for you to plan your time better so you don't have to rush?

Problem 4: Buses are always not on schedule and late. Furthermore, they are very slow and had to stop almost every single stops due to many people boarding.......

Its public transport, not your personal travel service. If this is a problem, take a cab then.

Problem 5: MRT also had to stop almost every single stops.....I seriously hope that there will be an interchange over the North, North East which are linked over the West, East and also the South and the Central.....By this, there will be a larger Circle line and allowed people to move over to the other side of Singapore faster and more efficiently.....

Doesn't the NS line already go to Jurong?? Have you taken the entire circle line into account?

Fourthly,

Problem 1: Please think of people whom really need to use the cars....There are deliveryman, store man ( checking stocks around the branches), sales, managers,etc.......They really need to use cars urgently....They cant just use the slow public transport.......

Problem 2: I refer that the government should look into the people who use cars on the road instead of having how many cars in total....There are people who owned cars and do not use them.....example, OPC cars......

Problem 3: With high expenses over on the road tax, insurance, ERP, petrol......I dont see why the government is doing anything to help people whom really needs to use cars and letting families owning at least a car for a family outing,etc......

Problem 4: Causing unnecessary problems for dealers.....I can already tell that they will most likely not be earning alot compared to a few years ago.....I hope that the government understands that with no Sales, it means no profit.......And no profit, dealers are making a huge loss with high expenses being not enough to covered......Many people will be losing jobs due to this......( Ranging for dealers to spare parts, accessories, tyres/battery services,etc.......)

As people have said, if they can afford a new car at the lower prices, they can afford a used car at the higher prices. They will still have a car if they want.

And this is exactly what they want. More cars not in use most of the time so that more people can own cars without having as much congestion as associated with having all those cars in use. While those who need cars can still have one but not new.

Btw, what do you think the OPC scheme is for when it comes to family outings etc?

As for the industry, you keep forgetting the used car market. A lot of dealers moved from there to new cars when car prices were low (as the used car market got slow). Now that car prices are up again, then can handle the used car market again. Its not as if they have no experience in that. Not to mention with older cars on the roads, spare parts, accessories, tyre/battery services etc should actually pick up. Oh and btw its less new cars on the roads, not less cars on the roads. Overall there will still be an increase in vehicles.

Fifth,

With government 's aim to push the whole population to a few more millions, thus more people will be "welcomed" in......

Problem 1: There are people who actually took advantage of some of these measures and actually benefited them.....They are actually not willingly to stay over here over a permanent move,etc......

That is granted worldwide. What we can do is to tweek our system to reduce the number of FT's that do that.

Problem 2: With a small size and already expecting overcrowding problems. I dont see why there should be an increase of the populations instead?

Because we have an aging population. We need younger people who can work rather than older people who can't or don't want to work.

Problem 3: With government's effort to increasing more population through granting the Singapore citizenship, PRS ......The government actually forgotten about encouraging more babies to boast and increase the fertility rate of Singapore......

They havent but there isnt much they can do. Look at the number of people who don't want children as well as people who limit it to a max of 2 kids?

Sixth,

Singapore has a lack talents over in sports like table tennis, football,etc.....

Problem 1: More foreign talents are been exploited as a result.....I am not trying to say this will actually not help to raise the standards of the team but actually we will be over-relying on them

Well it depends, If they love it here and want to live here then its fine. Australia has been doing this for a while. Perhaps what we should do is not give them PR but "force" them to choose between being a citizen of a foreign country or citizen of ours??? The rest get work permits [;p]

Problem 2: Singapore has a lacked of infrastructure for youth development.....Most players don't even had the basics right and had already been trained on a higher level.....The real problem is, if you dont know how to walk properly.....No matter how hard/fast you try running, most likely you will fall........Thus, more efforts should be groom onto the youth whom are as young as 7 years old......

The problem is not development infrastructure. The problem is mindsets of parents.

Problem 3: Most foreigners are actually unwillingly to play for Singapore.....Alot of foreign players had left the national team and moved else where.....If they dont have the heart to play for Singapore, i dont think any sports of Singapore will go any further.......

See my reply on citizenship for them earlier.

Lastly,

I think government should set a standard marking where channels are actually available on both Starhub and Singtel........

Pardon me if you dont understand what i am trying to explain.....Ok , i shall use an analogy to explain this.....

SMRT and SBS are two different bus/Mrt/Lrt companies......However, we do not need to have two individual cards to actually board and alight the buses and the MRT/LRTs....

So i am trying to say that there should be a standard platform for both companies.......

It doesnt matter which platforms whichever companies used, because , were you charged over a higher rate of bus-tickets when you board a new bus from SBS ? Or a lower rate if you board a older buses from SMRT?.......No, it doesnt make sense, isn't it?

Pay TV is a luxury. Thats why they are not controlling prices. They are coming out with set-top boxs that can be used with either company, however it is up to us to determine what rates we think are worth paying. If you think its not worth paying for then don't and stick to FTA TV

Note to all: I am trying to be neutral and trying to provide good feedback and comments by some measures....I am no supporters of any "anti-government" groups nor parties.......I am not trying to condemn what government had done but how each measures should actually be looked into more deeply.....

Don't fret. I don't see any bashing. just questions (which is a good thing) [thumbsup]

I would like to comment on your pay TV analogy.

you cant use public transport as an example cos it is public transport, if no "PAY-TV" we still can watch "free" TV. and NO TV to watch, Gov wont care, you can find other entertainment. if everything also need GOV to intervene, might as well dont have company, all let GOV run. [;)]

This is the peak hour norm in most countries. Maybe the idea is for you to plan your time better so you don't have to rush?

Its public transport, not your personal travel service. If this is a problem, take a cab then.

Doesn't the NS line already go to Jurong?? Have you taken the entire circle line into account?

I am suggesting a line which only has a few interchange, namely Jurong East Interchange, Tanah Merah Interchange ,City Hall Mrt Interchange and linking up to Senkang Mrt and Yishun MRT......This way, there will only be a single stop for people to travel from Jurong East to Yishun, Yishun to Senkang, Senkang to Tanah Merah, Tanah Merah to City Hall , City Hall to Jurong East..........This will actually be much a faster and convient way for people to travel around to the other part of Singapore.....It will be much faster and efficient .....Perhaps, this will led to an increase of commuters and also more people giving up on their vehicles to travel much efficiently.....Thats just my suggestion....

you cant use public transport as an example cos it is public transport, if no "PAY-TV" we still can watch "free" TV. and NO TV to watch, Gov wont care, you can find other entertainment. if everything also need GOV to intervene, might as well dont have company, all let GOV run. [;)]

Well, i am trying to suggest that there should be a company set up by both companies .....Its like transitlink managed by both SMRT/SBS transit.......In this way, wouldnt it be much easier to handle? A standard platform of TV where cable tv and mio tv are able to actually operate...

ps: I have had mio tv and starhub tv......Sometimes, i kinda find it hard to switch over to different channels like starhub to mio tv....So, perhaps, a standard platform will be much effective...........

I am suggesting a line which only has a few interchange, namely Jurong East Interchange, Tanah Merah Interchange ,City Hall Mrt Interchange and linking up to Senkang Mrt and Yishun MRT......This way, there will only be a single stop for people to travel from Jurong East to Yishun, Yishun to Senkang, Senkang to Tanah Merah, Tanah Merah to City Hall , City Hall to Jurong East..........This will actually be much a faster and convient way for people to travel around to the other part of Singapore.....It will be much faster and efficient .....Perhaps, this will led to an increase of commuters and also more people giving up on their vehicles to travel much efficiently.....Thats just my suggestion....

Hi,I think this proposal is good.So is underground or on the air?It's similiar concept of Hong Kong.Link from Lamma Island to Tsing Yi,Kowloon,Mongkok then to Hong Kong Main island in less than 30mins.If we have this system,think all of us would have dump our car.

these are typical mortal problems. make ur $ and get the he11 out of this place. thats all u can do.

dont bother to complain lah. it will never change one. this country is going down the drain sooner than later.

there is not such thing is FREE... NEVER.... even u dun subcribe to all those TV thingy... like me...

there is still "TV TAX" as long as u own a TV in house.

no wanna pay. Dun put TV at home lor... totally free.

for Car i rather let the COE and price to rocket high like last time.

and pple will think twice on buy car.

and car mass will be more controlled.

more cars = less parking available = more jam = more ERP = more monee to Gov

like my work place... my work partner, buying car for daughter. for? = go NTU

and u know wat... he and wife and 2 daughter.

household got 2 cars and 1 motorcycle.

1 car = he or wife use

1 car = big daughter own

1 motorcyle = he use for work mainly

1 coming new car = small daughter to go sch.

jus a gov office network leader supervisor

not a high high rich pple...

and not forgetting those rich pple everyone in house, each got individual cars...

so many in holland area.

should jus limited max 2 cars per household

or pay extra for the 3rd car like eg. 3rd car tax.

and limit cars in sg.

else no matter how many erp, still will be jam here and there.

jus end of day more bonus for mini star

there is not such thing is FREE... NEVER.... even u dun subcribe to all those TV thingy... like me...

Exactly, even the radio in the car got tax.......

Well, i am trying to suggest that there should be a company set up by both companies .....Its like transitlink managed by both SMRT/SBS transit.......In this way, wouldnt it be much easier to handle? A standard platform of TV where cable tv and mio tv are able to actually operate...

ps: I have had mio tv and starhub tv......Sometimes, i kinda find it hard to switch over to different channels like starhub to mio tv....So, perhaps, a standard platform will be much effective...........

I'll answer your other question later. However they are coming out with a set-top box that both companies can use. currently there are two horses competing in this. Microsoft and a local company (using linux). I hope our local company gets it as their boxes are cheaper and the software more advanced. Unfortunately branding does play a part in sg, and microsoft is definitely more branded.

well, i put "free", I nv say it free, I also know there is TV license fee to pay to MDA.

Anyway it not about free TV or not in this thread. like someone said, TV is a luxury, so GOV wont intervene.

No wonder gods dun anyhow reveal themselves to any mortals, otherwise damn sian gotto face their complains about their life and blah blah blah. The complains just dun seem to go away no matter how things will turn out. And no wonder most religions want peace more dan anything else cos I can see now it's a real challenge.

Turbocharged

I am not sure if it is my english, but if you are writing such a long post, try to write in proper sentences or at least better grammar. I can't seem to understand some of it. I am not asking for perfect english but when it gets so bad until it hinders comprehension....

Problem 2: In the area of new flats which are built ( mostly Sengkang, that area).....Accessibility is a major problem.....How on earth are they heading to town or CBD areas for work/leisure,etc? So most people are still unwillingly to move over there .

Fourthly,

Fifth,

Sixth,

Lastly,

↡ Advertisement