Buy fresh fish from fishery port

Higgsboson

anyone any experience on this? where exactly this place in sgp?

group buy or individuals can go in?

individual can go in, go ard 2am. Change the pass with the IC and walk in, u will see loads of seafoods. U might want to wear PCK boot or slippers. [laugh]

I from fishery market.IM me for more details.By right can go in and buy,but they prefer to sell to those who buy more.Reason being sell to individual who buy only 1kg or 2kg = waste their time.Over there is something like bidding,the more you willing to fork,they'll send you.after all,money makes the world goes round.and for example,if they sell prawns,they sell in like 5kg,8kg and 10kg.And for every box they sell,inside contain water and a little ice,go figure if that worth your purchase?you paying for ice and some water weight.

I from fishery market.IM me for more details.By right can go in and buy,but they prefer to sell to those who buy more.Reason being sell to individual who buy only 1kg or 2kg = waste their time.Over there is something like bidding,the more you willing to fork,they'll send you.after all,money makes the world goes round.and for example,if they sell prawns,they sell in like 5kg,8kg and 10kg.And for every box they sell,inside contain water and a little ice,go figure if that worth your purchase?you paying for ice and some water weight.

Hi bro,

Do you know if I can get cod fish from the Jurong Fishery? Cod fish cant be fresh rite.

What are the best buys ...... for walk in people like us?

Thks.

u can buy almost everything... I bought prawns and lobsters there last time.. without the ice tho

but saying fresh or cheap I wun say that. An experience I would say.

Edited by Enzomatrix

You must buy in bulk. They dun sell loose. IE....if a tray of prawn (similar size/type) could be like 10KG...you have to buy at one go. Else...you wait for the fish mongers to finish their shopping liao then they sell you.

Which is no point...cos all the good stuff are gone.

What Passion is saying is true, it s not cheap if you are buying for your NORMAL

consumption. Prawns in such packing, with ICE styro box, you ought to know the outcome

of how much prawn there is. Jurong Market has a better price for prawns if that is what

you're looking for, $6,7,8 per kilo depending on size. Ang Kah Hay, best gotten OUTSIDE

of Fishery port, Song Fishery, anything else there, is a NO NO. Scallops, etc.. err. MAI BUI ok?

I buy Threadfin to eat, and fishery port has different kinds being sold, if you donno what you're

buying,. you will end up learning a expensive lesson. I buy Threadfin in bulk,

8-10 threadfins per month, all cleaned and chopped up into steak. All for own makan.

Now I stop, and change over to snow fish, frozen and vacuum packed.

If not buying in bulk, don't bother, serious.

Yeah, all the kawan, kakie get first, leftover who want, take, but never cheap.

You must buy in bulk. They dun sell loose. IE....if a tray of prawn (similar size/type) could be like 10KG...you have to buy at one go. Else...you wait for the fish mongers to finish their shopping liao then they sell you.

Which is no point...cos all the good stuff are gone.

No fresh Cod Fish, all frozen. BTW, all our fishes are not really fresh,

most are kept in refrigeration vessels for as long as 6 months or more, good example is Tuna.

My wife works in this line, Tuna, Salmon etc... Japanese trawlers.

Hi bro,

Do you know if I can get cod fish from the Jurong Fishery? Cod fish cant be fresh rite.

What are the best buys ...... for walk in people like us?

Thks.

Red Groupa, 1,2 or 3 will never be cheap. All sold in bulk.

Again, go market still cheaper. Jurong Market fresh and best.

If not, Jurong Point NTUC Extra.

Sure, but we must settle on the type of fish. Maybe limit to 2 or 3 types.

1. Red Groupa ?

Last year Chinese New Year, my friend brought me to this Senoko Fishing Port (SFP), interesting place.

You can see lots of different type of sea creatures.

But another of my friend told me that aside being "Fresh", the price isn't much different from the wet market.

If you are looking for something "Fresh" and eat on the very day, I think it is worth the shopping.

Else, I think it is not worth going.

By the way, I do not know about the price.

Just went there out of curiousity and hearsay what my friend had told me..

I buy Threadfin to eat, and fishery port has different kinds being sold, if you donno what you're

buying,. you will end up learning a expensive lesson. I buy Threadfin in bulk,

8-10 threadfins per month, all cleaned and chopped up into steak. All for own makan.

Now I stop, and change over to snow fish, frozen and vacuum packed.

If not buying in bulk, don't bother, serious.

sibeh ho miah, eat sexpensive fish. [bigcry] [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement