Motorola Milestone launch at StarHub 27/3/10

Qpik

Supercharged

Hi, anyone got the above? Saw this at StarHub today. Found it heavier than my HD2.

Appreciate any feedback 'cos I'm thinkg of swopping to this handset.

TIA

↡ Advertisement

Hi, anyone got the above? Saw this at StarHub today. Found it heavier than my HD2.

TIA

motorola tahan very long before they launched their touch screen series.

i hope it'll sell.

This handset is android based. cool handset. Very popular in the states when launched.

Milestone uses the same software as Motorola Dext which I am using. So it integrates with facebook, twitters picasa etc nicely... if you are into social networking. It also lumps your office mails, webmails into a common mail box... cool.

one more thing... unless you really like physical keyboard, then this will be a tap heavier... my Dext is already 163g... not sure how heavy is the Milestone.

Supercharged
(edited)

i like hd2 cos i got presbyopia (Lao Hua Yan) but i don't like the touch screen cos my finger not that small. always got to use middle finger to type sms.

for milestone, i like the kboard n the speed. v fast to surf net. now backside itchy, thinkg of changing. same weight as yr dext.

Edited by Qpik

yeah, I love the Dext Keyboard from Motorola, the best so far... I had BlackBerry but found Motorola keyboard is better... dont know why.

CNET has a detailed review of Milestone, which you may find useful for your decision:

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/...5120488p,00.htm

It has a score of 8.3, same ad iPhone... CNET asia usually does not rate phones above 8.

Edit for spelling.

Edited by Ldawn88

Neutral Newbie

I am using the milestone it is great v. fast speed on the net.... which I think is it's main advantages.....

Its an Android. Androids use Google apps of which one of them is Google Maps. Of course you won't find Garmin in there. [laugh]

One thing I like about it is the syncing. Once I "STAR" a location on G Maps on my Android, it is STARRED on my Google Maps page. I get to a terminal with net access, I can edit the locale and make some notes of it.

Hypersonic

Its an Android. Androids use Google apps of which one of them is Google Maps. Of course you won't find Garmin in there. [laugh]

My HD2 also have google map ontop on garmin.. Besides google map has quite a few missing roads. Was planning a road trip in australia and realise that when compared to garmin.

One thing I like about it is the syncing. Once I "STAR" a location on G Maps on my Android, it is STARRED on my Google Maps page. I get to a terminal with net access, I can edit the locale and make some notes of it.

Google maps for sg road are accurate.

But alas, the turn by turn feature is only available for android 2.1. My phone is only android 1.5. My other windows mobile phone also not supported the turn by turn.

Using map king on my windows mobile.

My HD2 also have google map ontop on garmin.. Besides google map has quite a few missing roads. Was planning a road trip in australia and realise that when compared to garmin.

Hypersonic

Google maps for sg road are accurate.

But alas, the turn by turn feature is only available for android 2.1. My phone is only android 1.5. My other windows mobile phone also not supported the turn by turn.

Using map king on my windows mobile.

Google map is only fairly accurate for roads a couple of year back... e.g

Buankok drive East (N1 22.826 E103 54.257) which opened last year is not on the map.

Bartley Viaduct (N1 20.560 E103 53.370) not on the map.

SengKang West Way is now connected to Seng Kanf East way (N1 23.703 E103 53.085). It's broken on google map

More recent the detour along Serangoon Rd at the junction of PIE, is updated on Malfree, not on google.

Neutral Newbie

Google map is only fairly accurate for roads a couple of year back... e.g

Buankok drive East (N1 22.826 E103 54.257) which opened last year is not on the map.

Bartley Viaduct (N1 20.560 E103 53.370) not on the map.

SengKang West Way is now connected to Seng Kanf East way (N1 23.703 E103 53.085). It's broken on google map

More recent the detour along Serangoon Rd at the junction of PIE, is updated on Malfree, not on google.

my 15 yrs old condo shown as an empty ground on google map...

using milestone for the past 6 days.... love it...

simple to use and understand even though this is the first time i'm using android device

physical keyboard is great. good for fast typing

only drawback is battery life which is common with all smartphones now

TIA

alamak... what age now? still Motorola? i thought they already MOU-TARK-LOU in SG liao?

just get an iPhone lar... [laugh]

No it is a problem with most if not all Androids.

The Android OS is more like some portable ultramobile PC OS. Even Acer has a netbook that dual boots with XP and Android.

Of course you get all those Google apps. My advice? Root it and get Cyanogenmod. That's why a simple G1 like mine is running v2.1

King of long battery life? Nokia.

↡ Advertisement