Solutions?: Goods/lorry Vehicle on Expressway Right Lane

Ferrislong

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Looking for solution of a problem, enough of complaining.

Yesterday, I went over to the West and took AYE back home. I was on Lane 1, right most lane, overtaking the slower vehicles on the middle lane. From my rear view mirror, i could see a big good vehicle (those with big freezer) veered onto the right most lane going "at least 90km/h" straight on my back.

Two thoughts flashed my mind:

1) wtf is a lorry (suppose to be 50 or 60km/h max) doing on the right most lane on an expressway.

2) Is there an urgent delivery of the frozen chicken on the truck? (I like KFC :wub: )

I purposely slowed down to the legal speed of this vehicle around 65km/h on the right lane and blocked his overtaking stunt. He tailgated me and went on to middle lane when there is no vehicle. He intended to overtake me on the right most lane but I managed to speed up to block his attempt.

Yes, its evil of me, but in my mind, such vehicles going onto the expressway right lane is getting way too common. Both dangerous and illegal.

Any constructive suggestions to prevent drivers of such stunts?

Edited by Ferrislong
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

get a life or better still, join e TP or something.......... [:|]

Ham, I did email TP on volunteering. Seems that they arent that enthusiastic about it. The website is not even informative enough.

=====================

Dear Sir,

I refer to your preceding email.

You may wish to visit this website for more information.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/vsc/explan.html

Regards

Hilyah / Service Quality Branch / Traffic Police Department

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WARNING: "Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this |

| message. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy, |

| distribute or take any action in reliance thereon. Communication of any |

| information in this email to any unauthorised person is an offence under |

| the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately |

| if you receive this in error." |

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Although it is irritating to have these goods vehicles on the right lanes of e-ways, you shouldn't have done what you did to block his way. Expressing your displeasure in almost 'Vigilante' fashion is not only dangerous (i.e. forcing a huge vehicle to overtake from your left) but very inconsiderate as well!

Please take into acount that yours isn't the only car on the road. By slowing down to 65km/h on lane 1, you would have inadvertantly caused a long tailback with the speed on that lane eventually decreasing to zero. All along this tailback, cars will be cutting left to overtake with lots of sudden braking across ALL lanes, causing many opportunities for accidents. Bad Ferrislong, BAD!! :angry:

Hi All,

Yesterday, I went over to the West and took AYE back home. I was on Lane 1, right most lane, overtaking the slower vehicles on the middle lane. From my rear view mirror, i could see a big good vehicle (those with big freezer) veered onto the right most lane going "at least 90km/h" straight on my back.

1) wtf is a lorry (suppose to be 50 or 60km/h max) doing on the right most lane on an expressway.

2) Is there an urgent delivery of the frozen chicken on the truck? (I like KFC :wub: )

I purposely slowed down to the legal speed of this vehicle around 65km/h on the right lane and blocked his overtaking stunt. He tailgated me and went on to middle lane when there is no vehicle. He intended to overtake me on the right most lane but I managed to speed up to block his attempt.

Yes, its evil of me, but in my mind, such vehicles going onto the expressway right lane is getting way too common. Both dangerous and illegal.

Extremely evil of you. He is not even hogging. So what if he is travelling above his own limits? Get a life dude, let the TPs do their job.

Neutral Newbie

Although it is irritating to have these goods vehicles on the right lanes of e-ways, you shouldn't have done what you did to block his way. Expressing your displeasure in almost 'Vigilante' fashion is not only dangerous (i.e. forcing a huge vehicle to overtake from your left) but very inconsiderate as well!

Please take into acount that yours isn't the only car on the road. By slowing down to 65km/h on lane 1, you would have inadvertantly caused a long tailback with the speed on that lane eventually decreasing to zero. All along this tailback, cars will be cutting left to overtake with lots of sudden braking across ALL lanes, causing many opportunities for accidents. Bad Ferrislong, BAD!! :angry:

Yes, i know its my bad. sorry arr [rolleyes] . This was never my normal driving habits, always considerate and forgiving.

But the expression of the lorry driver was priceless [:p]

Yes, i know its my bad. sorry arr [rolleyes] . This was never my normal driving habits, always considerate and forgiving.

Yeah well, I guess we all succumb to irrational behaviour at some point in our lives. We're human afterall...

I fully agree with that. On occasions I do that to taxis who tailgate me, switch to the middle lane and try to cut into the safety distance I'm keeping, but lan lan got to get back behind me again.

Don't bother asking TP to solve the problem. If you notice, even when people write to the press, they don't even bother to reply. Even if you do get a reply, it's by a keyboard warrior who doesn't even see the ground. If you do want something to be done, just pray hard for heaven to open eyes. Let some direct family members of MIW or the police's top brass to be turned into minced meat by these goods vehicles/lorry. That is when you see them super on the ball going after those who even exceed by 1 km/h.

Not that I'm cursing these people, but sadly this is how Sg Inc works. This problem is not new and had been around for the last few years, the can't be bothered attitude by TP just makes these people bolder to move on to lane 1 and speed beyond the vehicle's speed limits.

And to those who thinks the all road users are fair and should not be complaining, wait till you get rammed hard by these vehicles. I was one such victim a few years back.

Hi All,

The TP is still sleeping, All this while many people wrote to them, yet they are not taking ACTION. I have been traveling (exit pioneer north towards airport) AYE for the past 6 months to east coast to work and have never failed to see van,lorry , freezer lorry, bus or coaches travelling at around 90km (coz i am doing at this speed-2nd lane and they tail-gate me)....most were FT drivers. [furious]

Hi All,

Not even gonna bother commenting about your actions, but I sincerely hope you don't repeat the same stunt on the NSHW. Those "Bas Kilang"s travel in excess of 140km/h and don't give a flying f*** about people who e-brake. To them, you're just going to be another speed bump, even if you're in a 7-series.

Ya. plain stupid and think too high about himself.

Everyday i met this kind of idiot be it commercial or private vehicles. i just simply overtake them from the left.

You only meet the same person may be once in the lifetime or few times in your life on the road. Why risk your life just to prove a point? And serious, if this kind of thing cant tahan, then must well dont drive. Being a few minutes hero and risk other ppl life is even worse than the road hog commercial vehicles.

Neutral Newbie

seems like there were "tons" of feedback to the relevant authorities, but no action done.

Guess its another thing that life is about in sg.

Many people who replied dont see the point that these heavier vehicles do not have good braking systems, even if the right lane is legal for them to commute on, can they stop in time with a full load of whatever laden goods?

Again, I would like to highlight that this is a one-off thing, nothing to do with "get a life". I do not road hog on normal vehicles on right lane.

Neutral Newbie

Ya. plain stupid and think too high about himself.

Everyday i met this kind of idiot be it commercial or private vehicles. i just simply overtake them from the left.

You only meet the same person may be once in the lifetime or few times in your life on the road. Why risk your life just to prove a point? And serious, if this kind of thing cant tahan, then must well dont drive. Being a few minutes hero and risk other ppl life is even worse than the road hog commercial vehicles.

since you are smarter than plain stupid me, can you give the solution to this? please bear in mind that these vehicles are now on right , middle and left lane.

since you are smarter than plain stupid me, can you give the solution to this? please bear in mind that these vehicles are now on right , middle and left lane.

u should just keep to the center lane and let him overtake.

who knows. maybe TP is just around the corner waiting. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement