How long to open a CDP and trading account

Hi Guys,

Just got interested in earning some income on the side.

Would like to find out if its difficult to open an account for trading?

I heard I'll need a CDP account and securities for broking/trading

How long does if take for CDP to issue an account number?

And would the trading account take a long time too?

Just don't want to loose out on some stock tips in case the process takes too long

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

I open my CDP account in DBS bank... and got a few trading accounts. Both takes less than 10 minutes to complete.

Also... just as a reminder, if you are planning to earn quick bucks from stock markets, thats just gambling and you know by doing that the odds are not always in your favour.

Hi Guys,

Just don't want to loose out on some stock tips in case the process takes too long

Thanks!

Be careful bro of going into shares at this present moment as in my past decade of investment experience tells me that by the time experts or ppl start to give tips that the market will go even higher time is the most dangerous time also as now for the past yr the STI stock market has gain almost 90% of its value already so i really think now is not really a good time to jump in......my trading principal is really simple buy in fear and sell in greed and it has work quite well for me for the past 1yr+ and i manage to earn quite many folds of the money which i put into the market in early 2009 i am now 100% cash in my portfolio and waiting for the durian to drop again [sly] Also bro u must do ur homework well and decide urself and not follow blindly to what ppl says including me [drivingcar] playing stocks is almost like a roller coaster ride and now i see the rollercoaster is losing momentun as its approaching its highpoint....happy trading bro [cool]

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

u have pm

Just need about a week to receive your activation letter I guess..if i rem correctly.

How much capital do u have? My idea is that it's more of the right counter, than the right time. Of course, buying at a low is good, but how low is low?

u nid to receive 2 of these letters in around 1 week plus to start

ya like bro fri13th said watch sideline now,volume thin with indexes high n top volume mostly pennies which rarely in action one, muz beware of such signs..

Esp 2900 is tested again n again

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help and information.

I just opened my CDP and started a trading account with one of the securities firm.

Seems like POEMS is a good place to monitor exchanges and start small trades for beginners.

Understand the warnings about penny stocks being traded in volume is sign of things to come, so it seems a good show is about to start :)

All the best to you guys!

sorry to bump this thread up.

am new to shares. wanted to open a trading account and went dbs branch.

was told that i have to go shenton way to open a cdp account first. they don't provide the opening of cdp account at dbs bank. i received the starter kit (application forms) for vickers.

from forums, am given the impression that opening of cdp account can be done when i open a trading account. going to cdp itself to open an account is out, it is operational during mon-fri office hours, when i am working. is that other places opened on sat that offers the opening of trading and cdp account?

was told that i have to go shenton way to open a cdp account first. they don't provide the opening of cdp account at dbs bank. i received the starter kit (application forms) for vickers.

from forums, am given the impression that opening of cdp account can be done when i open a trading account. going to cdp itself to open an account is out, it is operational during mon-fri office hours, when i am working. is that other places opened on sat that offers the opening of trading and cdp account?

strange i open my at uob bank and never in life step into cdp

by the way where is cdp

take a look:

http://www.cdp.com.sg/account/create_individual.html

by the way, I think they are open half day on saturdays

I suspect u went DBS banking branch n not vickers right?

i also want to bump this.

is there a bao win share?

but no limits?

like SMRT u play sure win.

but whats the returns?

and besides SMRT, what others are bao wins with higher returns than SMRT?

i also want to bump this.

is there a bao win share?

but no limits?

like SMRT u play sure win.

but whats the returns?

and besides SMRT, what others are bao wins with higher returns than SMRT?

loading up on gallant and healthway..

I like LT one platform v good to use

Easiest and everyting auto for u in calculation

Even chiong breakout also easy to key in and in time to rush in lol

↡ Advertisement