Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

Yeah I think this is a common thing that SE's say, when you complain about film not-clear. (to ask you to wait for the film adhesive to cure / dry)

That's why I did wait 2 months before posting to this forum. So for me, there was no improvement...

After a couple of weeks, i observed that the glare is slightly lesser. I was told by the film installer that its a common thing.
↡ Advertisement

Give solargard a try , this big brand is back and offering their top of the line LX series at heavily discounted prices. Check them out at the motorshow

Need recommendation for windscreen tint, due to Subaru eyesight, need one that have very low internal reflection, so it won't cause AEB/ACC malfunction. 

How's 3m crystalline and tintsycool? both quoted comparable price so leaning towards 3M since it has better paper spec. Then I saw one post from other forum mention the 3M Crystalline have bad dashboard reflection. I wonder if its true, high dashboard not only may cause eyesight problem, it will also degrade dashcam PQ.

Need recommendation for windscreen tint, due to Subaru eyesight, need one that have very low internal reflection, so it won't cause AEB/ACC malfunction. 

How's 3m crystalline and tintsycool? both quoted comparable price so leaning towards 3M since it has better paper spec. Then I saw one post from other forum mention the 3M Crystalline have bad dashboard reflection. I wonder if its true, high dashboard not only may cause eyesight problem, it will also degrade dashcam PQ.

Absorption films like those you mentioned absorb alot of heat , you really wanna keep out the heat , metal sputtered films are the way to go, because they reflect instead of absorbing . Try vkool VK series or solargard LX / quantum series.

Absorption films like those you mentioned absorb alot of heat , you really wanna keep out the heat , metal sputtered films are the way to go, because they reflect instead of absorbing . Try vkool VK series or solargard LX / quantum series.

I did ask for Vkool quotation and it was highest. From what I gather on web, the metal layer may also deflect the other electromagnetic spectrum/frequencies, which include phone signal, GPS signal and IU reception. Also, I think metal base tint will have higher internal reflection, as above, I'm trying to minimise any effect that might affect the eyesight.

Since I always park indoor, I believe reflective or absorbent won't have much difference in short distance trip. For longer distance, the roof will take the most sunlight at mid noon. 

Thanks for the recommendation.  [:)]

Like to hear 3M user opinion. 

I did ask for Vkool quotation and it was highest. From what I gather on web, the metal layer may also deflect the other electromagnetic spectrum/frequencies, which include phone signal, GPS signal and IU reception. Also, I think metal base tint will have higher internal reflection, as above, I'm trying to minimise any effect that might affect the eyesight.

Since I always park indoor, I believe reflective or absorbent won't have much difference in short distance trip. For longer distance, the roof will take the most sunlight at mid noon.

Thanks for the recommendation. [:)]

Like to hear 3M user opinion.

You can also consider vkool x75 or solargard UP+80 , Nano ceramic like 3m but on paper wise both TSER are highest in market on 40+ range . 3m can only achieve 30+ . Price wise you gotta check

Neutral Newbie

I tried to choose between glass, clear and clear-ish on good labels. I noticed that they are about the same price and glass is more powerful but not without UV glare so much. 🖥 In light of the application of my car and after doing my drive around, I really cannot see myself leaving my car)

Neutral Newbie

This company Stealth Film Works did a full solar film on my car. I paid for the best LTA approved film. Win screen is brand new I just replaced it with PML then I drove over for them to fix it. After they installed the film I discover alot of bubbles n lines so they told me it will disappear about 2 weeks or max a month. So after most bubbles disappear I found 2 scratches which is inside the film. I went over to show them and their staff a slightly plump n short guy said its his mistake which he scratched it while he is cleaning the window. I told the boss about it to ask for a compensation which is 2.8K plus GST to replace it at PML but he refused saying its my own problem that I need to go back to PML. He said I wanna retain my warranty I need to top up myself as he is only willing to pay $1500 only. Take it or leave it as he issnt bother. I suggest customers to go for others better company who will take full responsibility to uphold their company reputation. This Ah Beng company simply tell me loudly not happy go Police la u think I scared of u meh? I have so many customers until I cant cope, so why worry? Then he add on so many cheapo customers like you who wanna do at this cheap price so dun expect too much 😡

They use super black n dirty cloth with scrapper to clean my window screen thus scratched it. All the cars they clean it with the same dirty cloth.

Help me to share it with all the people so people wont fall victim for this. Thank you.

• Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, sgkenji said:

This company Stealth Film Works did a full solar film on my car. I paid for the best LTA approved film. Win screen is brand new I just replaced it with PML then I drove over for them to fix it. After they installed the film I discover alot of bubbles n lines so they told me it will disappear about 2 weeks or max a month. So after most bubbles disappear I found 2 scratches which is inside the film. I went over to show them and their staff a slightly plump n short guy said its his mistake which he scratched it while he is cleaning the window. I told the boss about it to ask for a compensation which is 2.8K plus GST to replace it at PML but he refused saying its my own problem that I need to go back to PML. He said I wanna retain my warranty I need to top up myself as he is only willing to pay $1500 only. Take it or leave it as he issnt bother. I suggest customers to go for others better company who will take full responsibility to uphold their company reputation. This Ah Beng company simply tell me loudly not happy go Police la u think I scared of u meh? I have so many customers until I cant cope, so why worry? Then he add on so many cheapo customers like you who wanna do at this cheap price so dun expect too much 😡

They use super black n dirty cloth with scrapper to clean my window screen thus scratched it. All the cars they clean it with the same dirty cloth.

Help me to share it with all the people so people wont fall victim for this. Thank you.

Photos of the scratch n invoice ?

• Praise 1

My previous car done by Stealth film and current car twice with them,. I opt for their top film which cost me about $400? I compared theirs to what i have paid previously $800 to a well reputable solar film company,  i could feel stealth film has a better film, heat rejection is alot better. Personally i don't feel they are beng or anything

Talking about this so call reputable film shop.. few years ago i went to this film shop (i know many beemers go to him), i opt for their top film which cost me $800. I asked for some discount and the boss gave me a $50 off and i happily accepted it. After 3.5 years, i went back to them again with another car. I told the guy i want the higher grade same as my previous car. I gave him the VN to check and he came back to me" Boss your previous car is on the mid range film previously. I was like WTF, i didn't bother to argue or say anything and but just drove the car out.

Another shop that i went to, they don't allow me to stay inside. I got to go their lounge and i don't know what they do. I only know have film like no film. Basically no heat rejection.

Edited by Maddriver
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

i'm looking to replace the tint of my front 3 pc 

currently using IRIS pro UV420,
E70 TSER 56% IRR92%

looking at TSER, 68%
with 95% heat rejection.
removal and installation, at $258

or is there a better deal that you know of?

↡ Advertisement